Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 02-08-2017, 01:24 PM   #575
ticowarbird
BOHIC

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS "Enola"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
Playing Russian Roulette to save a few dollars is such a fun game, until it isn't. Best Buy isn't qualified to install a light bulb and barely treading water staying out of bankruptcy. Seek out a professional retail shop like Car Toys at the very least. You're in one of the greatest States of our beautiful Nation for car stereo, take advantage of the expertise available at your fingertips. Many of these shops near you have 20+ years experience;

Robert Chin, Blvd Customs of Lakeland, Lakeland, FL
James Drinkut, Tunes-n-Tint, Lakeland, FL
Chase Norman, Tunes-n-Tint, North Lakeland, FL
Ocala Car Audio, Ocala, FL
Russell Balazs, Octave, Orlando, FL
Aaron Markwell, Maximum Audio Video, Tampa, FL
Chris Ott, Soundwaves, Tampa, FL
Thanks for this. I've asked in my regional forum for some recommendations and turned up nothing. Best buy honestly is the only place that I knew of and that replied. Gonna check out Octave now since that's the closest.
Old 02-08-2017, 02:04 PM   #576
rydahog

Drives: camaro ss
question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic73 View Post
Man no seems to answer any questions I ask, so hopefully someone might be able to answer this 2. If I don't have steering wheel controls is there any other programming needed beside the type of radio and does it use the Bluetooth from the onstar of the new aftermarket radio?
from your question,no SWC..then there is nothing to program so your correct,,,also i believe the onstar..is default on this..but thats not pac unit issue i believe,,its your new headunit../ but someone else may confirm.
rydahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 03:42 PM   #577
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydahog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic73 View Post
Man no one seems to answer any questions I ask, so hopefully someone might be able to answer these 2. If I don't have steering wheel controls is there any other programming needed beside the type of radio and does it use the Bluetooth from the onstar of the new aftermarket radio?
from your question,no SWC..then there is nothing to program so your correct,,,also i believe the onstar..is default on this..but thats not pac unit issue i believe,,its your new headunit../ but someone else may confirm.
What rydahog said +1
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 01:11 PM   #578
Superfly1

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT #2197
Quote:
Originally Posted by beak81champ View Post
Does anyone know if the Alpine INE-W960 will work with this adapter?
Just installed mine this weekend. So far so good... I did run my rear deck speakers (Alpine SPR-69) straight off the head unit instead of going through the Boston amp. Working on settings today and putting things back together.

CAI intake | OBX LT Headers | Flowmaster AT Exhaust | Trifecta Tune | SS Rear Diff, Axles & Driveshaft
Zex 100 Shot Nitrous | Konig Airstrike Wheels | Custom Engine Cover, Fuse Box & Underhood Bowtie
Eibach Springs & SS Sway Bars
| BMR Strut Brace | Drake Shifter | Vitesse Paddles | 13.26 @ 105.88 mph
Superfly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 03:15 PM   #579
whoanelli

Drives: 2014 2LT RS
Like a lot of you I pulled the trigger on the PAC and did some other upgrades. FWIW, here's my observations.
Pioneer 8100NEX.... tight fit, but the motorized face does clear. Able to use the armrest compartment USB for Android Auto.
OnStar.... frightening loud. May be my setup but I seem to remember other comments. Don't use it so no biggie..
SWC... Couldn't get long press to work for voice recognition, otherwise it all went smooth. Not a big deal as my headunit has dedicated button...
S*b Th**p enclosure... Simply terrific, fits like a glove. Had to trim a little "carpet" out, but looks and fits amazing.
PAC unit... Everything looks/works well. The rotaries had to be loosened a little as they were hard to turn versus factory.
I went with a Rockford Fosgate Punch 300x1 behind the passenger tail lights paired with a JL W1V3 2 ohm sub.
As others have said, it's a tough install. I went with Flynn Audio here in southern Wisconsin. If any others are considering this in my area, you won't be disappointed in his work...
whoanelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 10:57 AM   #580
havelegs

Drives: '23 LT1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokenflyy View Post
Got mine installed yesterday!

Damn sideways pic .... sorry
What radio is that?
havelegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 12:25 PM   #581
beak81champ
ILSQ

Drives: '13 2SS/RS
Will I only need the PAC UP unit when/if an upgrade becomes available. Should I buy and install one when I install the HU, just in case I ever need it? My RPKT5 is on backorder right now, so I thought I'd purchase everything I need, and hopefully only do the install once. Thanks for any help/info, and yes, I have read this entire thread.
Old 02-15-2017, 07:21 PM   #582
jacborn

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2 Red with white stri
Question PAC radio kit head unit question

I have a 2010 with the BA. I want to keep using my stock BA amp. I would say I have moderate knowlege in radio installation but need some advice. I want to buy the PAC radio kit. I see that it says you maintain

Steering Wheel Controls
Retains factory climate control functions
Retains Heads Up Display (HUD)
Retains OEM Bluetooth
Temperature displays in Fahrenheit and Celsius
Accommodates Single or double DIN radios

Fully integrated kit includes:

Factory-matched radio dash kit
Electronic Interface Module (retains climate controls, steering wheel controls, OnStar, factory amplifier
Auxiliary audio and USB retention harness
Antenna connector adapter
Exterior temperature display

What head unit should I get that would work with best for my car. I don't care about navigation. I just want a touchscreen that allows me to maintain my stock amp, steering wheel controls, aux/usb. Will I maintain all my stock speakers? I would like to if at all possible. Does the PAC kit take care of that stuff or do I need a radio that supports that stuff? Do I need to buy any other adapters? I really just want to buy the radio and be able to wire it with the pac kit and call it good. This is really confusing me for some reason.
jacborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 08:08 PM   #583
rydahog

just a suggestion,,try posting this here..>>http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=466017
you may get good replies..
Old 02-15-2017, 11:24 PM   #584
Aaron0731

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
I have the JVC v820bt touchscreen installed with the PAC kit and love it. Retains all factory controls, fits perfect. Back up camera ready and apple car play is awesome if you have an iPhone.
Aaron0731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 07:10 AM   #585
whoanelli

Drives: 2014 2LT RS
The PAC unit does everything it says it will and includes everything you need. Choose whatever head unit fits your budget and needs. I wanted to be able to customize the sound via an equalizer and also to replace NAV. My only suggestion is to go with an installer that is very experienced. Programming the SWC is time consuming and not for beginners. Also, there's not much room for the myriad of wires, etc. up under the dash, so once again budget for a professional install. You'll thank yourself later...
whoanelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 11:27 AM   #586
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydahog View Post
just a suggestion,,try posting this here..>>http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=466017
you may get good replies..
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 02:32 PM   #587
rydahog

HEAD UNIT/pac install

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoanelli View Post
The PAC unit does everything it says it will and includes everything you need. Choose whatever head unit fits your budget and needs. I wanted to be able to customize the sound via an equalizer and also to replace NAV. My only suggestion is to go with an installer that is very experienced. Programming the SWC is time consuming and not for beginners. Also, there's not much room for the myriad of wires, etc. up under the dash, so once again budget for a professional install. You'll thank yourself later...

You'll thank yourself later...
^ yep...haha..
Old 02-16-2017, 07:56 PM   #588
Chad's ZL1
THERAPY

Drives: Red Rock Metallic ZL1
Went and checked on mine today. Looks awesome. Here it is.
Attached Images

Chad's ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote