Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-17-2013, 08:37 AM   #939
Slapshot

Drives: 2010 2SS
I'm sure it is. You just hope that a medical professional will have your best interest in mind.

I'm really happy with the direction I'm headed. The back pain is less and less the better shape I'm getting in. I'm trying to put on some weight, though I'm finding it hard to eat enough. I've shed about all the body fat I had on me, now I'd like to add some more muscle.
Slapshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:26 AM   #940
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot View Post
I'm sure it is. You just hope that a medical professional will have your best interest in mind.

I'm really happy with the direction I'm headed. The back pain is less and less the better shape I'm getting in. I'm trying to put on some weight, though I'm finding it hard to eat enough. I've shed about all the body fat I had on me, now I'd like to add some more muscle.

As the supporting muscles get stronger there is less stress on the skeletal structure.

Gaining weight in the form of muscle is much more difficult than shedding body fat lol. Typically and naturally you need a minimum of a 500 cal surplus to gain weight (muscle) and for those who train hard it can be much more. Food choices should be caloric dense and high in protein and good quality carbs. Meals should be timed around workouts to provide maximum nutrition for growth, cardio should be limited to short sessions if at all. Training is of great importance, you need a good solid program designed on both strength and hypertrophy and you must stick to it for 5-6 weeks before switching up.

If you are looking to set up a program a few of us could kick in a few ideas that may get you started.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:39 AM   #941
Slapshot

I'm certainly open to suggestions.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:04 PM   #942
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
As the supporting muscles get stronger there is less stress on the skeletal structure.

Gaining weight in the form of muscle is much more difficult than shedding body fat lol. Typically and naturally you need a minimum of a 500 cal surplus to gain weight (muscle) and for those who train hard it can be much more. Food choices should be caloric dense and high in protein and good quality carbs. Meals should be timed around workouts to provide maximum nutrition for growth, cardio should be limited to short sessions if at all. Training is of great importance, you need a good solid program designed on both strength and hypertrophy and you must stick to it for 5-6 weeks before switching up.

If you are looking to set up a program a few of us could kick in a few ideas that may get you started.
very good info here!
Old 07-17-2013, 12:07 PM   #943
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Quote:

If you are truly wanting to add muscle mass over your entire body you must squat.

But your gains will be not as great if you can't take in enough calories and nutrition.

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:09 PM   #944
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
If you are truly wanting to add muscle mass over your entire body you must squat.

But your gains will be not as great if you can't take in enough calories and nutrition.
agreed. squat and deadlift are two very good exercises for building mass.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:29 PM   #945
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dznts View Post
agreed. squat and deadlift are two very good exercises for building mass.

Squats and deads rule.

You see all these adds for woman with whimpy exercises like butt sqeezes etc to build glutes, well ladies and gentleman, if you want a nice ass throw on some serious weight and squat.

Quote:
I'm certainly open to suggestions.
I have a program that I use myself and often suggest to those looking to add size and it works very well up to those near an advanced level.

First though we do need some info as to your current level, do you lift now, have access to a gym or any equipment, for how long and do you have any records that would indicate load parameters for various lifts, if not , it's ok we can figure it out fairly quickly.

The nutrition part is easy but will most likely require supplementation in the form of a good quality weigh protein powder.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:33 PM   #946
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
S
The nutrition part is easy but will most likely require supplementation in the form of a good quality weigh protein powder.
Whey

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 07-17-2013, 12:34 PM   #947
Slapshot

I've been doing squats twice a week 4 sets of 10 usually. I'm noticing my legs getting a little bigger, which in all honesty is where I've always lacked.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:36 PM   #948
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
Squats and deads rule.

You see all these adds for woman with whimpy exercises like butt sqeezes etc to build glutes, well ladies and gentleman, if you want a nice ass throw on some serious weight and squat.

Yeah cracks me up. That combined with all the woman that say "I don't want to use weights because I don't want to look like a man"...

Ladies wake up...you aren't wired like us and without chemical enhancement you won't look like us...

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 07-17-2013, 12:37 PM   #949
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
I've been doing squats twice a week 4 sets of 10 usually. I'm noticing my legs getting a little bigger, which in all honesty is where I've always lacked.
Increase to sets of 20...

What weight do you use for 4 sets of 10?

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 07-17-2013, 12:40 PM   #950
Slapshot

Quote:
Squats and deads rule.

I have a program that I use myself and often suggest to those looking to add size and it works very well up to those near an advanced level.

First though we do need some info as to your current level, do you lift now, have access to a gym or any equipment, for how long and do you have any records that would indicate load parameters for various lifts, if not , it's ok we can figure it out fairly quickly.

I'm lifting Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. I run at least 3-5 miles Monday, Wednesday and Saturday.

I weight 185 right now, weighed 210 a few months back.
I rep with 185 on bench and squat right now
Haven't been doing any dead lifts for fear of re-aggravating my back.
I lift at home or at the Y.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:49 PM   #951
CFD

Quote:
I'm lifting Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. I run at least 3-5 miles Monday, Wednesday and Saturday.

I weight 185 right now, weighed 210 a few months back.
I rep with 185 on bench and squat right now
Haven't been doing any dead lifts for fear of re-aggravating my back.
I lift at home or at the Y.

That's great. I am going to scan a program that I use. It's nothing fancy, based on a combination of strength and hypertrophy and uses big compound lifts for the primaries. If you follow this for 5-6 weeks you will see an increase in strength and size as long as you eat and that's fairly easy.

It will fit in well with your back, it uses Romanian Deadlifts rather than full deads, this concentrates more on the upper 2/3 of the lift and is much easier on the back
Old 07-17-2013, 12:50 PM   #952
Slapshot

Much appreciated, thank you!