Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-18-2014, 06:14 PM   #15
HardrockSS
Drive Fast Take Chances

Drives: 2012 45th anniversary SS
I have the Solo Mach X with hi flo cats and it sounds nice when you get on it. I'm putting Pfadt headers on this week. Should be a little louder
Old 01-18-2014, 10:00 PM   #16
SS_BONE_'MARO

Drives: 2012 45th AE 2SS/RS L99
Solo MACH XL Catback with Solo Hi Flo Converters

I had this set-up recently. Liked the sound. MACH XL was a little louder on cold start and deeper tone overall. I liked it better with the combo. Steve at Solo Performance is great to work with. They stand behind their products.

I posted a video on youtube:

Old 01-19-2014, 09:01 AM   #17
cal45

Drives: 2015 Blue Velvet Metallic ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_BONE_'MARO View Post
I had this set-up recently. Liked the sound. MACH XL was a little louder on cold start and deeper tone overall. I liked it better with the combo. Steve at Solo Performance is great to work with. They stand behind their products.

I actually found your video while searching youtube for soundbites of the Solo cat-back w/hi flow cats and it was the deciding factor for my order.

Thanks for putting that one up.....and it also looks a lot better from the rear than the big silver suitcases that hang behind the stock setup.
cal45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 11:04 AM   #18
Camarodriver2

Drives: FOR SALE! Bumblebee 1 of 1
The J pipes also reduce the burble sound when the A6 cars switch to 4cyl mode. Does anyone have muffler delete pipes they want to sell? Found some I may buy new at Amazon for $210 though.
Camarodriver2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 03:47 PM   #19
RJT-SS

Drives: '11 2SS/RS A6
I have that setup and love it. Here's a link to a post I made back in October with some comparison videos to giver you an idea of the setup and change in sound from stock, to headers, to complete system.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=321648
Old 01-19-2014, 04:51 PM   #20
cal45

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJT-SS View Post
I have that setup and love it. Here's a link to a post I made back in October with some comparison videos to giver you an idea of the setup and change in sound from stock, to headers, to complete system.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=321648
Thanks...only difference in regards to sound for mine is that I won't have headers but will have the Solo Hi Flow cats and cat-back system.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:09 PM   #21
cal45

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_BONE_'MARO View Post

Just had the Solo MACH XL w/j pipes cat back installed today to go along with the Solo Hi Flow cats already in the car and I love the sound. From idle to getting on it, I am very satisfied. Since I don't have a smart ph (yeah there are some of us left), I don't have a video clip but it sounds exactly like SS_BONE_'MARO's above. Plus it looks a lot better from the rear without the two suitcases that are stuffed behind the tips from the factory.

Anyone looking for a system should at least search some of the videos on Youtube as the Solo's are made w/304 ss and very well built plus have a lower cost than some of the more well know names out there in the market.