Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-14-2012, 10:11 PM   #29
The Blue Angel

Drives: 2014 BRM 1SS/RS
Rain, what rain!! I drive 50mph down the road with the windows down!!
Old 05-14-2012, 10:19 PM   #30
RocTrux

Drives: Summit White 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhall82 View Post
Are you crazy. Half of these nut cases on this forum think it's a sin to have your car in the rain.

I personally haven't experienced this problem. Good luck
Hey I resemble that remark I guess Im a nut case cause mine doesn't even sit out in the rain much less drive it in the rain.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:58 PM   #31
Blown 386

Drives: 2010 victory red 2SS/RS
I have heard of rain getting into the car and carpet being wet for no apparent reason. it turned out that the door lining separated from the shell and water was passing through the door that way and soaking the carpet. hope it helps best of luck discovering your problem
Blown 386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:08 AM   #32
MikeC5
Nomad

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by H0peful1 View Post
You might try this thread. http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread...32#post4383532 You might try the search function at the top right of the forum.

ETA: a search revealed similar issues related to everything from a problem with the a/c drain tube, weather stripping, window indexing, unsealed joint/hole, etc. Some related threads in the Camaro Issues/Problems sub forum.

Hope the dealer can solve and fix quickly for you!
I finally got the dealer to replace the door seals, now I am waiting for a good hard rain to see if the problem is fixed.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:45 AM   #33
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC5 View Post
I finally got the dealer to replace the door seals, now I am waiting for a good hard rain to see if the problem is fixed.

Happy to hear that your local dealer resolved your concern. Let us know if this was the fix for the leak. We appreciate any kind of feedback!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:27 PM   #34
MikeC5
Nomad

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Happy to hear that your local dealer resolved your concern. Let us know if this was the fix for the leak. We appreciate any kind of feedback!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service

Light rain all day today and I already have water getting in on the right side at the bottom of the door seal, now what am I going to do?
Old 05-16-2012, 09:28 PM   #35
lawdog

Drives: 2010 SSII w RS & Sunroof Yellow
First of all you need to get that carpet and pad removed out of that car by the dealer and dried out or replaced cause if you dont it stays wet underneath when you cant feel it on top and its going to start smelling when the sun heats up that baby after a weak.

Get the back seat out and check if its wet under the carpet in the padding, if so demand it be sent to the body shop to be pulled and treated appropriately.

If you really want to know where its coming from get a friend with a hose and get inside the car and keep soaking her until you spot the culprit. THEN TAKE IT TO A DEALER and tell them where you spotted it leaking.
lawdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:42 AM   #36
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
God no!!!

Good luck
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:02 PM   #37
InfidelSpartan
Army Military Police

Drives: 2022 Ram 1500
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC5 View Post
Light rain all day today and I already have water getting in on the right side at the bottom of the door seal, now what am I going to do?
Mike, sounds like we are having a similar issue.

I have seen the water coming in from the passenger side under the door. I have taken it to the dealership twice and all together they have had it for 2 weeks with no success!

In the picture below is where the water is entering the car (Blue circle) and where I have seen water collecting (Yellow circle) in the grooves of the weather stripping.

I have seen in another post by blacktip that he had a similar problem and got it resolved, I hope we can be as fortunate with our leaks.
Attached Images

InfidelSpartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:36 AM   #38
jstein

Drives: CGM 2LT RS
Same problem here and I have water in that area also as well. It is coming in in two places I found myself. Both places appear to be where the window and the actual door meet up with the seal. I brought the car in showed them all this exactly where it comes in at and they replaced the water barrier inside the door. They let me into the back to do a water test with them and they saw that the water was coming in at the front end of the door right above the plastic piece at the side mirror. So not exactly sure why they replaced the water barrier inside the door.
jstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:24 PM   #39
InfidelSpartan
Army Military Police

Drives: 2022 Ram 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstein View Post
Same problem here and I have water in that area also as well. It is coming in in two places I found myself. Both places appear to be where the window and the actual door meet up with the seal. I brought the car in showed them all this exactly where it comes in at and they replaced the water barrier inside the door. They let me into the back to do a water test with them and they saw that the water was coming in at the front end of the door right above the plastic piece at the side mirror. So not exactly sure why they replaced the water barrier inside the door.
I just dropped my car off for the 3rd time for this issue. I showed them (yet again) where the water was building up and coming into the passenger compartment as well as where I found the water to be coming from. Told them I used a hose and sprayed water on different parts of the door with my wife in the passenger seat.... 20 seconds is all it took... they had it for 8 days and couldnt figure it out.

I just dont get the warm and fuzzy that my car is really getting the attention it needs from the dealership. We shall see how this visit goes. if I am not satisfied with the work this time (Ive already noticed scratches to the interior from all the "work" being done on it) I will be contacting GM about my experience.

2013 2LT/RS BRM
Decepticon "Darksteel" - 9/28/12 - 6/29/22
InfidelSpartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:23 PM   #40
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
In the two weeks since I've owned mine, had some very heavy rain for hours

Not a drop. I have no sunroof, as well.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:52 PM   #41
jstein

Drives: CGM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfidelSpartan View Post
I just dropped my car off for the 3rd time for this issue. I showed them (yet again) where the water was building up and coming into the passenger compartment as well as where I found the water to be coming from. Told them I used a hose and sprayed water on different parts of the door with my wife in the passenger seat.... 20 seconds is all it took... they had it for 8 days and couldnt figure it out.

I just dont get the warm and fuzzy that my car is really getting the attention it needs from the dealership. We shall see how this visit goes. if I am not satisfied with the work this time (Ive already noticed scratches to the interior from all the "work" being done on it) I will be contacting GM about my experience.
Today they handed me a water hose to spray the water on the door myself. Apparently that is "extreme conditions" and water is just building up too much along with too much water pressure from the hose and is not able to drain out fast enough. Visit number 5, they are calling Chevy Technical Support supposedly in the morning to see if they have any suggestions. I suggested based on what I see is the door sticks out a little further on the side that leaks unlike the driver door and maybe to realign the door. They told me that probably would not work and I would not be able to open the door if they made it a tighter fit against the seal. After watching the clip from ultimate factories and how much water is thrown onto the car, how can a water hose be an "extreme condition"? I just don't understand how you can show them the leak, they see the water all along the seal, but continue to say it just happens. It does not happen on the drivers side so why would it do it on the passenger side? Gotta love the technicians and management!
jstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:28 AM   #42
Michael Rophone

Drives: Yes
Recommendation...

I would recommend trading your coupe in for a convertible.
Why?
Because Chevy KNOWS where the water comes in and floods the rear floor of our convertibles.

Michael Rophone is offline   Reply With Quote