Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 10-19-2009, 06:56 PM   #29
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro509 View Post
As with the first post, either the Buick (luxury) or the Ford (performance).
This quote sums up the whole thread.
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:42 PM   #30
AngryAmish

Drives: Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8GT4now View Post
If we are allowed to just make our own suggestions, then combine luxury and performance and get a CTS-V
I'm with this guy.
I love the Taurus SHO, but I think its overpriced. For what it is at least. I also hate the way Ford is doing the packaging on it. It seems like to get the options I want I have to get a sunroof. The only thing in the automotive world I hate more than sunroofs are high wing spoilers on cars that don't need one.
Proud Owner of #168
AngryAmish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:22 PM   #31
comiskeybum
Banned

Drives: 2010 Chevy Equinox LS
something american please. I personally like the SHO but the Buick is lookin damn good as well.

are they similar price?
comiskeybum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:26 PM   #32
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by comiskeybum View Post
something american please. I personally like the SHO but the Buick is lookin damn good as well.

are they similar price?
Taurus SHO starts at 37,xxx...Buick starts at 34k, if I remember correctly. I don't remember if either price includes destination.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:28 PM   #33
comiskeybum
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Taurus SHO starts at 37,xxx...Buick starts at 34k, if I remember correctly. I don't remember if either price includes destination.
well i guess you have to look at what your getting for that 34k and 37k and decide whats best for you.

how much HP is the buick running?

prolly hard pressed to match/beat the SHO
Old 10-19-2009, 10:30 PM   #34
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
There is a lot of interest in the new Buicks, particularly the new LaCrosse, from younger buyers. Younger is relative, but its an attractive option to people in their 30's which is still a significant drop from the average age of a Buick buyer.
Sorry, but once the GSX went away the only thing left was the grand national later on. I'm old school and still think of them as paps car. Just me, I'm sure they are a good car. They sell a ton of them in china.

by the way, my dad and my wifes dad both love the new buick. They are both over 65.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:34 PM   #35
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by comiskeybum View Post
well i guess you have to look at what your getting for that 34k and 37k and decide whats best for you.

how much HP is the buick running?

prolly hard pressed to match/beat the SHO
It's a luxury-oriented vehicle from the get-go. The SHO is a gussied-up sporty Ford (still impressive ). That price is the base price of the highest-tier LaCrosse. Comes with the 280hp SIDI V6, and a whole motherload of 'standard' features. Also, what it lacks in power, it makes up for in outstanding ride quality, and fuel economy....

So it really becomes a matter of what kind of car he's looking for. The two are rather different in character.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:35 PM   #36
comiskeybum
Banned

Quote:
It's a luxury-oriented vehicle from the get-go. The SHO is a gussied-up sporty Ford (still impressive ). That price is the base price of the highest-tier LaCrosse. Comes with the 280hp SIDI V6, and a whole motherload of 'standard' features. Also, what it lacks in power, it makes up for in outstanding ride quality, and fuel economy....

So it really becomes a matter of what kind of car he's looking for. The two are rather different in character.

agreed.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:37 PM   #37
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
by the way, my dad and my wifes dad both love the new buick. They are both over 65.
Mhmm, and that's the genious -- the older folks still like it....but they're bringing in a younger crowd now, too!! Which equals minimal market-share loss, only a gain!!

(I for one -- WELL under 30, even -- REALLY like this thing.) When it comes to a daily driver replacement I'll be needing in ~8 years...I'm gonna look long and hard at a compact Buick (next to a Volt, and compact Caddy). )
Old 10-19-2009, 10:41 PM   #38
comiskeybum
Banned

Quote:
Mhmm, and that's the genious -- the older folks still like it....but they're bringing in a younger crowd now, too!! Which equals minimal market-share loss, only a gain!!

(I for one -- WELL under 30, even -- REALLY like this thing.) When it comes to a daily driver replacement I'll be needing in ~8 years...I'm gonna look long and hard at a compact Buick (next to a Volt, and compact Caddy). )
used 2010 Equinox for me. unless the Forrester is a better deal.

my dream garage withouth being rich would be a 2010 Equinox 4cyl. 2011 5.0 Boss inspired Mustang. and a F-150 or F-100 (when it comes out if ever)
Old 10-19-2009, 10:44 PM   #39
coolman

Quote:

Well , you know there has to be some reason they didn't drop it instead of pontiac. I love the looks just wish it had more ponies. The diff for me is my daily driver is a work truck, so I don't worry about gas mileage.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:50 PM   #40
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Well , you know there has to be some reason they didn't drop it instead of pontiac. I love the looks just wish it had more ponies. The diff for me is my daily driver is a work truck, so I don't worry about gas mileage.
The main reason for picking Buick over Pontiac was raw sales data and profit...Pontiac failed miserably....

And your position is completely understandable, as far as a daily-driver goes. I'll be needing a truck, too (I do LOTS of DIY work)...but it'll be the weekend hauler, bought-for-$1200-and-really-don't-care-what-happens-to-it kinda truck.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:51 PM   #41
comiskeybum
Banned

Quote:
The main reason for picking Buick over Pontiac was raw sales data and profit...Pontiac failed miserably....

And your position is completely understandable, as far as a daily-driver goes. I'll be needing a truck, too (I do LOTS of DIY work)...but it'll be the weekend hauler, bought-for-$1200-and-really-don't-care-what-happens-to-it kinda truck.
cuz pontiac was boring outside of the GTO
Old 10-19-2009, 10:53 PM   #42
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Main reason? Overseas market. Buick has China. Pontiac lacked an overseas market...and in the new age of a Global GM, Pontiac no longer has a place.