Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

View Poll Results: Keep or sell New Z28 shock/strut/springs
Keep 2 40.00%
Sell 3 60.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-02-2016, 05:49 PM   #1
Chris1SS1LE

Drives: 2014 Camaro Red Hot 1LE NPP Recaro
Contemplating selling the new Z28 struts/springs set

I bought them thinking I would do the switch, but I don't know if I will. I am on the fence keeping or selling. I could maybe someday in the future want to and then I will kick myself.

Its the multimatic struts, shocks, springs, and upper mounts new never installed. Thinking about making an ad and asking $1900 obo and see what happens

So what do you think keep or sell
Chris1SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 06:41 PM   #2
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
What do you do with the car? Whats making you question your choice?
Old 05-03-2016, 05:59 PM   #3
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1SS1LE View Post
I bought them thinking I would do the switch, but I don't know if I will. I am on the fence keeping or selling. I could maybe someday in the future want to and then I will kick myself.

Its the multimatic struts, shocks, springs, and upper mounts new never installed. Thinking about making an ad and asking $1900 obo and see what happens

So what do you think keep or sell
Sell them when I get the money not before.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 10:51 PM   #4
Chris1SS1LE

Drives: 2014 Camaro Red Hot 1LE NPP Recaro
They are complete assemblys the rears have the upper shock mount which the pre-2013 cars need and the fronts have all the upper mounts. Just bolt on and go.

I have had the car almost two years and have 4300 miles, I drive it occasionally and take it to cars and coffee, but mostly just enjoy driving it thru the twistys. I like the 1LE stock handeling and on the county roads its not too harsh.

I bought the Z28 parts because I figure I would do what I did to all my cars lower it a little get the best shock strut spring combo. But those cars were so so from stock where the 1LE is great out of the box.

L99Cam guy shoot me a PM when you get some funds, I know a full Z28 kit is $3500+ and the struts and shocks are big part of it since from the online stores they are almost a grand each. I figure I am in the $1900 neighborhood
Chris1SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote