Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-09-2010, 08:39 AM   #15
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintTimothy View Post
10) People not using signal lights
9) People that hit their brakes BEFORE turning on their signal lights
8) People that slow to 30 mph on the highway THEN get off on the exit ramp
7) People that go 30 mph on a highway entrance ramp all the way to the end THEN try to speed up to merge

6) People on their phones oblivious to everything around them
5) People that can’t maintain a constant speed (with no other traffic around)
4) People turning from the wrong lane/not using a center turn lane when available
3) People driving slowly, and then the 1st chance you have to get around them, they speed up
2) People that have to come to a complete stop to make a right-hand turn and/or have to swerve out to the left to make a right-hand turn
1) People not driving in the proper lane for the speed they are moving
Wow, you nailed it!! The two I put in bold are my biggest!!
Old 06-09-2010, 08:54 AM   #16
Berean

Drives: Truck
People who are making a left turn and swing to the right which prevents you from proceeding around them.

It's as if they don't think their car can make a 90 degree turn.
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:11 AM   #17
04Ram2500Hemi

Drives: 04 Ram 2500 & 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosrettap58 View Post
You should drive in Montana!
LOL- Every time I see a 7, 13, or 15 County Plate I just wait for a disaster!

As far as pet peeves go, I hate it when people drive with their parking lights on and nothing else.
04Ram2500Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:14 AM   #18
stingrayj
QuandoOmniFlunkusMoritati

Drives: '06 Magnum R/T -to be '01 Camaro SS
I can't stand people who dart between lanes to get "one more car ahead" and put everyone else at risk. They usually end up further behind than when they started. This is very common on my daily commute. And if I get the chance, I will pull a rolling road block (match speed with the car in the other lane) to stop the a-hole from causing any more of a road hazard. I don't do this on open roads, but during rush hour you're not getting any further ahead regardless of what lane you are in.

Hmmm, maybe wylde1 and I wouldn't get along so well? lol!

I also can't stand when people stop at the end of an on/off ramp and wait for a huge hole to open up so that they can slowly merge. If you speed up to match the speed of the other cars, people are usually very willing to let you merge.
stingrayj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:19 AM   #19
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I can't stand other people on the road that I'm driving on.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:32 AM   #20
topgun1

Drives: 10 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
man, I could be here for days telling you about the things that piss me off that drivers do or don't do.

but yes, people with handicap signs and not handicapped or no sign at all--I will always say something to the person if I see it. Makes me madder than hell. And being obese should not be considered a handicap. what's even worse is when people just make a parking spot at the front of the store, on the curb outside the parking area closer to the store or parking in fire lanes.

oh yeah, one more--I hate when you start to pass someone and they speed up and won't let you pass them, then slow back down once you get back behind them again. Now, I just gun it when they start to speed up because I'm not playing games or give a crap about their pride issue of being passed.
VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....
topgun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:36 AM   #21
nvpliers

Drives: 2010 2SS RS Red Jewel Tint
Tailgating
Old 06-09-2010, 09:37 AM   #22
HDDAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 2007 HD FLSTC
When I was in Texas the other thing (dangerous as hell too btw,) was what my friends
and I called the Texas left/right. It's when the dumb ass in question decides he wants to make a left/right turn from the furthest away lane across all the lanes of traffic usually involving in the rest of us freaking out at this car that technically should be there and at that angle.

QUOTE]

Funny that you should put this in. Just yesterday on my way home from work on my Harley, there was a woman stopped in the middle of the street talking to a guy on the sidewalk. When she saw me, she turned on her right blinker and pulled over to the curb, as I was passing her and taking a right turn, she started taking a left turn right into me!. I saw what she was doing and managed to avoid what would have been a painful incident for me.
HDDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:50 AM   #23
Eagleone

Drives: Woman
Tailgaters!

Yeah that's right! Get closer you idiot! Just means I'm going to slow down more. Why you ask? Because I have to now allow myself more room to stop because you won't have a good enough reaction time to stop before you hit me!

What's that? Weaving in and out of the middle of your lane behind me to show me how aggrivated you are that I am ONLY going 5 MPH over the speed limit and you want to do 6! Then I let you pass and it takes you miles to freaking pass me!

What was that mister aggrivated tailgater that is still stuck behind me at a light. Get out of your vehicle to try to run up to my drivers side window again at the next light. We will see what my buddy named Glock has to say about it! (Yes, that really happened. Ended up having to call the police because this guy I guess wanted to beat the crap out of me. I laid some serious rubber in that intersection, I didn't want to go to jail that day. He chased me for miles)
Eagleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:50 AM   #24
jrc1122

Drives: 2012 Mustang GT
I hate when I have cruise set on the highway-- I pass someone @ a steady rate, not a flyby, but not a creeping pass either (still with cruise on).

2 minutes later they pass me, get back in front of me, and slow down again. and we do that 2 or three times... Before I drop the hammer and leave them behind, but now that I have a slow truck,, I won't be dusting anyone, unless we go offroading. lol
jrc1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:53 AM   #25
josh52382

Drives: Black 2ss 6m with cyber grey strips
this one got me yesterday. I was on my way to work at 530 a.m. There is a right turn only which backs up. Well some people will stay in the straight lane and then make a right turn at the light. So the other day when i made my right from the correct lane someone turned right from the wrong and lane and honked at me because I did not yield for him. I wished he would have hit me.

Other things that I hate are as follows:
1 no turn signals
2 sitting in left lane
3 people going down the wrong aisle at walmart. they have arrows for a reason
josh52382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:56 AM   #26
mhood
Orange Camaros Rule!

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3 RS IOM
People on two lane FM roads who drive 10mph under the speed limit in a no passing zone, then speed up to 10mph over the speed limit in the passing zones. It bothered me a lot more in my '92 str8 6 F150 than it does in my SS though. Now, I'm more afraid of the slow drivers who pull over on the shoulder and toss gravel at me.
mhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:02 AM   #27
topgun1

Drives: 10 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
yep, tailgaters I slow down and pump the brakes, get off my ass. I've got 15 cars in front of me and you're not going anywhere anytime soon. The worst tailgaters too are the ones who try to 'look' around you and go over the white line to let you know they dont want to be behind you. Then I'll start riding the white line so they can't see around me. Then you also have the opposite when on a multilane road, you have people that tailgate and keep riding across the yellow line to your right to see if anyone is up ahead on the right, they just can't stay in their own lane.

What really sucks is people that actually STOP on an on-ramp, yes STOP at the bottom of an on-ramp. I almost rear-ended someone once when I started to look to my left to merge and there is this idiot completely stopped in an on-ramp with a 1/4 mile to merge in from. I actually saw someone plow into the back of a car that did this. and unfortunately it will be his fault. Now, I'll always make sure the car in front of me has merged before I start looking over my shoulder to merge.

and people that can't maintain a speed, that you keep 'leap-frogging' with. they pass you, they slow down, you pass them, they speed up, they slow down again, you pass them again, on and on and on. usually it's because everytime they are on the phone, they slow down. I saw a study somewhere that people who are behind cars where the person is on the cell phone lose something like a couple of days total time in their life!
VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....
topgun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:06 AM   #28
Eagleone

Drives: Woman
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun1 View Post
What really sucks is people that actually STOP on an on-ramp, yes STOP at the bottom of an on-ramp. I almost rear-ended someone once when I started to look to my left to merge and there is this idiot completely stopped in an on-ramp with a 1/4 mile to merge in from. I actually saw someone plow into the back of a car that did this. and unfortunately it will be his fault. Now, I'll always make sure the car in front of me has merged before I start looking over my shoulder to merge.
Yes! I have seen this too. Total lack of brainmatter with these idiots.
Eagleone is offline   Reply With Quote