Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-23-2014, 11:24 AM   #1
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Shift Knob and A pillar Warranty questions

Do a little thread resurrection here.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=339611
In that thread they are asking whether GM will cover the microfiber from wear. The microfiber gets matted down with hand grease and what not and gets shiny.

I wasn't worried about that.

Mine is actually starting to come apart. The glue is giving way and the fabric is beginning to peel up.

Anyone have a guess as to whether that would be warranty work? Would you bother complaining about it?

Second issue, the A pillar covers on the interior are bowed in the middle at the windshield. I don't know if it bothers me or not. I read in one thread where they were coming loose. I assumed it was a glue issue out in the heat. But what I read said they were clips.

Do you guys go to the dealer to get things like this replaced/fixed or do you let it go and call it wear and tear? I've got a year and 10,000 miles left on my bumper to bumper.

Thanks for any comments.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:43 AM   #2
djpelosi

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
If your bumper to bumper warranty is still valid, I would think that it should be covered. However, some warranty claims can only be made due to defects or improper function. A worn out shift knob probably doesn't fit that category. Best thing to do is call the service department at your Chevy dealership and ask them.
Bo White Ported Throttle Body
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Best Time: 12.43 @ 114, 1.99 60' on stock wheels and stock tires
Build Thread
djpelosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 01:36 PM   #3
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Shift knob will most likely NOT be covered.
My driver side A Piller cover has always had a little dent/increase in the middle, they told me it would be under warranty but I still haven't taken it in. I hate taking any car to a dealership...
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote