Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-02-2015, 09:24 PM   #15
Quicksilver-SS

Drives: 2014 1SS / RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post

I enjoy full membership in that club.
Quicksilver-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 09:26 PM   #16
Zslash28
Jumanji

Drives: '14 Z/28 - AGM - No A/C
What are the job prospects for a nurse holding a master's? I ask because my wife is an LPN after completing her 2 yrs degree and then going straight in to the work force. Followed it up with part time at Rutgers (LPN). She was lucky to get her job when she did, her peers that went straight to their LPN degree were not so lucky to find work right away. Experience is very important in this field of work.
Zslash28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 09:32 PM   #17
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zslash28 View Post
What are the job prospects for a nurse holding a master's? I ask because my wife is an LPN after completing her 2 yrs degree and then going straight in to the work force. Followed it up with part time at Rutgers (LPN). She was lucky to get her job when she did, her peers that went straight to their LPN degree were not so lucky to find work right away. Experience is very important in this field of work.
After she finishes her RN degree she is going straight into the industry and will finish it up with part time schooling.

Here in San Antonio, there is an actual shortage of Nurses.
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 09:45 PM   #18
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Nobody (so far) is getting what the OP is getting at What he is feeling about the wife earning more is contradictory to what are have been social norms for the better part of 2 millenniums. Only since women have been becoming an integral part of the workforce and becoming additional providers to the family, has this changed the traditional roles that have long been held. As men and women progress more towards equality, the roles that men and women have traditionally held will become more muddled.

What the OP is doing is trying to overcome those traditional roles and, like most of the responses that have been seen on this thread that seem to be accepting of those role changes, in some ways can be emasculating. Like anything else, the choices we make have their impact. But the important part is that as long as your integrity is not compromised and your "better" half doesn't feel like you are threatened by her success, you should have continued success in your relationship....Just don't forget to always be "the man".

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 09:50 PM   #19
Blue17CamaroZL1
650HP soon to come

Drives: 2017 Chevy Camaro ZL1
I've been with my girlfriend now for almost 4 years. She's a registered nurse and case manager at a Robert Wood Johnson university hospital here in NJ. I work in finance. She's making almost twice as much as me.

we both knew that going into the relationship that she'll always make more money than me. When we go out, we split who pays. One time i pay, next time she'll pay. She has helped me on numerous occasions when I've needed money in a pinch.

As of now, I've moved in with her, so I live in her house, which is paid off. She just dished out the money for a 2 car garage for both of us. The 2013 Corvette 427 is actually hers, paid off.

All of my friends know she has more money than me but that doesn't make any difference. The best part is, she's more like one of the guys than some of the guys are, haha.

Blue17CamaroZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 09:52 PM   #20
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
So what? Marriage is what's yours is mine & visa versa. Just go with it.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:59 PM   #21
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
Nobody (so far) is getting what the OP is getting at What he is feeling about the wife earning more is contradictory to what are have been social norms for the better part of 2 millenniums. Only since women have been becoming an integral part of the workforce and becoming additional providers to the family, has this changed the traditional roles that have long been held. As men and women progress more towards equality, the roles that men and women have traditionally held will become more muddled.

What the OP is doing is trying to overcome those traditional roles and, like most of the responses that have been seen on this thread that seem to be accepting of those role changes, in some ways can be emasculating. Like anything else, the choices we make have their impact. But the important part is that as long as your integrity is not compromised and your "better" half doesn't feel like you are threatened by her success, you should have continued success in your relationship....Just don't forget to always be "the man".
I got what the OP at because I fight it all the time with mine and others! That's why I said that I know it's hard but it's just the way stuff is going now! It used to be a man at work and paying the bills and everything! And the women just sitting at home but now a days it takes both! No more house wife !
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 10:01 PM   #22
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
As a man it's hard too but you're right!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 10:12 PM   #23
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post
So we're both 23, both in school but she's worked harder than I did and is now finishing up Nursing School to be an RN, and in another 2 years will be a Nurse Practioner and she might go a step further and specialize and be a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist projected to make 6 figures.

I myself will be finishing up my Computer Science Degree (bachelor's for now, might do Masters) heck I might even do Computer Engineering if I can take the math.

But she'll be making more than me regardless, the thing is... is that I always pay for us. She's not working right now because it's impossible for her to do it in Nursing School with the amount of studying she has to do. It's a full time job (plus overtime) in it's own.

Once the tables turn, we buy our own house, start our family after a few years of enjoying our careers. Things of course are going to change.

She doesn't mind that I spend on my car, she's very smart when it comes to money and doesn't spend on things she doesn't need to, and saves every dollar she can. Unlike me

The thing is, once these changes happen... she said she wouldn't mind buying toys for me and upgrades for my Camaro. I'm not sure how to feel about this, it isn't some sort of inferiority complex that sets upon me when I think about it, but I feel kind of ... weird? Maybe bad? That she will make more than me... and help ME financially.

I guess in this day and age it's a whole new ball game, the man doesn't have to be the bread winner and supply for the family.

Just not sure how to feel about this. Again, this isn't some sort of inferiority complex kind of issue, I just don't know if it's some of double standard that when a man accepts money from his wife, is he taking advantage of her?

Any thoughts? Opinions?
Becoming a nurse practitioner is a round-about way to becoming a CRNA, if she wants to do that save the extra school and go straight to it.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:16 PM   #24
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Drives: 2015 Spring Edition 2SS M-6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Totally agree with this!!!!!
Tune by DynoSteve via SCTx4 Tuner

One of 82 GF Ragtops built in '15 out of 811 Total

[/SIZE]

theragtopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 10:48 PM   #25
CCMADONNA

Drives: 2014 SW 2SS/RS
being a man is more about what's in your heart than about what's in your wallet.

2014 2SS/RS VERT L99
SUMMIT WHITE
AIRAID CAI
BORLA ATAK CAT-BACK EXHAUST
ELITE ENGINEERING CATCH-CAN
RANGE AFM-DELETE MODULE
HUPER OPTIK 40
CHROME PEDALS
PREMIUM FLOOR MATS
PREMIUM CARGO MAT
DEDICATED 32GB iPHONE HD
[/I][/B][IMG][/IMG]
CCMADONNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 12:19 AM   #26
Jsafe17

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS 6spd LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post
So we're both 23, both in school but she's worked harder than I did and is now finishing up Nursing School to be an RN, and in another 2 years will be a Nurse Practioner and she might go a step further and specialize and be a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist projected to make 6 figures.

I myself will be finishing up my Computer Science Degree (bachelor's for now, might do Masters) heck I might even do Computer Engineering if I can take the math.

But she'll be making more than me regardless, the thing is... is that I always pay for us. She's not working right now because it's impossible for her to do it in Nursing School with the amount of studying she has to do. It's a full time job (plus overtime) in it's own.

Once the tables turn, we buy our own house, start our family after a few years of enjoying our careers. Things of course are going to change.

She doesn't mind that I spend on my car, she's very smart when it comes to money and doesn't spend on things she doesn't need to, and saves every dollar she can. Unlike me

The thing is, once these changes happen... she said she wouldn't mind buying toys for me and upgrades for my Camaro. I'm not sure how to feel about this, it isn't some sort of inferiority complex that sets upon me when I think about it, but I feel kind of ... weird? Maybe bad? That she will make more than me... and help ME financially.

I guess in this day and age it's a whole new ball game, the man doesn't have to be the bread winner and supply for the family.

Just not sure how to feel about this. Again, this isn't some sort of inferiority complex kind of issue, I just don't know if it's some of double standard that when a man accepts money from his wife, is he taking advantage of her?

Any thoughts? Opinions?
The fact that this matters to you @23 is proof that you'll always have her's and others respect in your life..
Jsafe17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 01:40 AM   #27
camaro5gen

Drives: 2010 2ss and a classic 67
just be happy that she loves you and you love her and have a wonderful life together
camaro5gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 05:35 AM   #28
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
Marriage shouldn't be about money! It's about your relationship. Just enjoy the adventure together.