Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-30-2015, 07:50 AM   #1
bikerdan
BLOWNSS

Drives: 2011 SUPERCHARGED Camero SS
calling from my phone

When I try to make a phone call it automatically goes to onstar (which I never renewed the subscription to). Ho do I use my cell as a default?
2011 LS3 SS/RS, M6, Maggie TVS2300 - cog drive, CAI, ZL1 fuel pump, Autometer gages, BEHE Performance tune , boost and AFR gages, MGW shifter, SLP long tube headers with high flow cats, Flowmaster Pro ex., Pfadt trailing arms, toe rods & bushings, G-Force axles, American Racing wheels, 305 mm P zero on rear, Elite catch can, SLP hood, amp & sub.
bikerdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 12:57 PM   #2
Imdyinhere
Keeper of the Gold Acorn

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
You have to pair your phone with the head unit using Bluetooth.

Instructions are in your owners manual. You can also Google the instructions or find a video on YouTube.

If the head unit isn't connected to your phone via Bluetooth, it automatically uses the OnStar function. If you haven't paid for that service then you can't use it.
2011 RJT 2SS/RS - Kooks 1-7/8 Long Tubes, High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat Back Exhaust, MTI Short Throw Shifter, Vmax Ported Throttle Body, Fasster Billet Fuel Rails & Custom Braided Vapor and Fuel Lines, CAI Cold Air Intake, RX Catch Can, Nitto Invos, Hawk HPS, BMR Trailing Arms, 2x Zapco ST4x-SQ amps, ST850x-II Sub amp, Morel Tempo 6 componenets, Morel Maximo 6x9, Morel 124 Primo Sub, Zapco DSP8Z Processor... More to Come.
Imdyinhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 08:55 AM   #3
bikerdan
BLOWNSS

It is paired.
To make a call I have too say
"call using my cell phone"
then it asks #
then I say who to call
then it calls.

I cannot just say call "Kathy" or it will revert to onstar.

Would like it to default to my cell phone

Thanks
2011 LS3 SS/RS, M6, Maggie TVS2300 - cog drive, CAI, ZL1 fuel pump, Autometer gages, BEHE Performance tune , boost and AFR gages, MGW shifter, SLP long tube headers with high flow cats, Flowmaster Pro ex., Pfadt trailing arms, toe rods & bushings, G-Force axles, American Racing wheels, 305 mm P zero on rear, Elite catch can, SLP hood, amp & sub.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:12 AM   #4
Vroom_vroom
The gritos pollo!!!

Drives: Like a idiot
Hold the call button on the steering wheel and it will give you a recently called list off your phone
o; Slp loud mouth I|maganflow x-pipe|Injen long ram intake
|brembo brake upgrade| russell s.s. lines|2LT polished 19's|billet 5mm spacers|tinted tail lights&markers|pdmi|billet c. can|
'13 Avenger R/T
'77 T/A 6.6;, draining my wallet.
Vroom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 09:22 AM   #5
bikerdan
BLOWNSS

Didn't know that- will it then call from my cell instead of onstar?

Thanks
Old 04-06-2015, 08:04 AM   #6
bikerdan
BLOWNSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroom_vroom View Post
Hold the call button on the steering wheel and it will give you a recently called list off your phone
This worked perfectly.

Thanks