Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-06-2011, 10:44 PM   #15
ARK Performance

Drives: Corvette C7
sounds nice with the header. good job
ARK Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:23 PM   #16
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
finally got some new vids. hope you like em. if not...to bad, its my car

one more...

Last edited by hapisok; 02-08-2011 at 12:38 PM.
hapisok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 05:45 PM   #17
mike.nite

Drives: 2011 2SS L99, 2010 LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.nite View Post
At idle it sounds very similar to my setup (BBK LTs with Borla ProXS mufflers). I would say yours sounds a little more throaty and clearer but not as deep as the borlas.
+ Yours is louder! (outside&inside)
mike.nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 05:58 PM   #18
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

maybe a little bit

do you have any vids with yours at higher RPM's? curious to hear the difference throughout the whole range. you gonna get yours on a dyno anytime soon? im trying to get mine on one next week. can't wait to see what kind of numbers are being thrown down...
Old 02-08-2011, 06:10 PM   #19
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Just curious, but have you done a before dyno? Otherwise hard to say what the gains are.

...oh and just watched the videos....great stuff! Love all the different runs you did and windows up/down.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:31 PM   #20
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Just curious, but have you done a before dyno? Otherwise hard to say what the gains are.
no, i wish i had now. i still have everything and i could put it back to stock...NOT! this is the first car i've really mod'd. never done more than a CAI and flowmaster. now i see the importance of before/after, just to have that baseline so you can see what was worth the investment, what worked what didn't, and where the bang for the buck was. after the CAI, BBK LT's and exhaust, i know the HP isn't additive and ideally i would have dyno'd after every mod but i didn't so shame on me. but next time FO SHO!

this is where i plan i getting dyno'd and using his camaro as a comparison. i know i can't compare it directly, but a lot of the community that has dyno'd reports around the same RWHP of 255...strictly for comparison only.

http://www.dtpracing.com/Chevy-Relat...6-Project.html
Old 02-08-2011, 06:45 PM   #21
mike.nite

Quote:
Originally Posted by hapisok View Post
maybe a little bit

do you have any vids with yours at higher RPM's? curious to hear the difference throughout the whole range. you gonna get yours on a dyno anytime soon? im trying to get mine on one next week. can't wait to see what kind of numbers are being thrown down...
At the moment I only have the soundclips. I first recorded some clips with my HD cam but the sound quality just wasn't good enough (didn't catch most of the lower tones). So I decided to record the sound via iPhone voice recorder. Soundquality was way better.
But after watching all your clips I definately need to step my game up and do some HD videoclips as well .

As for the dyno I did a before and after dyno in the same week to catch the gains as exact as possible. There are some nice gains! But I cant post them on here because I'm planing to get a tune (no, not trifeca) and would like to wait for the final numbers.
But I'll keep you posted.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:52 PM   #22
mike.nite

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Yupp. But it would stil be very interesting since we can compare it to similar setups. I'm planing on collect all dynos from members with intakes+LT headers+exhausts. That way we can get a average HP number. So far I have about 8-9 dyno numbers.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:59 PM   #23
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Quote:
At the moment I only have the soundclips. I first recorded some clips with my HD cam but the sound quality just wasn't good enough (didn't catch most of the lower tones). So I decided to record the sound via iPhone voice recorder. Soundquality was way better.
But after watching all your clips I definately need to step my game up and do some HD videoclips as well .

As for the dyno I did a before and after dyno in the same week to catch the gains as exact as possible. There are some nice gains! But I cant post them on here because I'm planing to get a tune (no, not trifeca) and would like to wait for the final numbers.
what tune are you going with and how much $$$ is it costing you?
Old 02-08-2011, 07:06 PM   #24
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

mike.nite, how many miles have you put on it since the LT's? has your CEL come on yet? and if so, about how many miles are you averaging between throwing a CEL? i've got almost 100 on mine and still no CEL along with running it hard and numerous engine turnovers. i love starting it up and listening to it during cold start. my garage is right below my living room...shakes EVERYTHING
Old 02-08-2011, 07:20 PM   #25
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Aww...I'd like to know those numbers pre-tune! lol. PM them to me if you really don't want to list them...

and there is a thread out there listing V6 dynos...but it was never stickied and basically hasn't been kept up to date the best. Maybe you know of it...but good luck!
Old 12-12-2012, 08:07 AM   #26
simt3k

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS 2LT
Was there any rasping issues?
simt3k is offline   Reply With Quote