Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-24-2014, 10:28 AM   #1
bowlingbrad

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
The hunt for a homelink connector

I was looking at rockauto for a connector to the homelink opener. I want a clean installation and do not want a solder job. I think I found it at rock auto.

But it is $60!?!?

Anyone know what it is called or where I find one for a normal connector price? I'm going to try radio shack. Anywhere else?

Thanks in advance!
bowlingbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:40 AM   #2
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
There was a member here that sold them, do a Google lookup.

if not i may have one of an old harness.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:13 PM   #3
bowlingbrad

I did find him. He no longer owns a Camaro since 2013 sometime.
Please PM me about your connector.
Old 04-28-2014, 03:51 PM   #4
bowlingbrad

A big thanks to Gen5 for hooking me up with a homelink connector!

Speaking of hookups, from which wire in the overhead console should I power the homelink?

My LS only has the lighting. Should I pull power from the rear view mirror wires or just route power down to the fuse box?
Old 04-29-2014, 08:50 PM   #5
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
you mean THESE!?!?!

sorry about my extended absence. I bought a new 2013 Camaro last Summer and the modding bug is coming out of hibernation. In other words... I'm back

If anybody needs a connector, hit me up...
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:05 PM   #6
bowlingbrad

Can I tap into these wires? This is a connector from a used console unit. These wires go to the airbag warning light. Is this red wire always on?

Old 05-05-2014, 12:16 PM   #7
bowlingbrad

bump...
Old 05-05-2014, 06:31 PM   #8
bowlingbrad

sorry if I'm making this confusing... The last picture is an example of what the wire colors are in the airbag overhead indicator. I was just wondering if I could tap into the red (or pink?) wire for ignition power and the black for ground. Thanks.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:25 PM   #9
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
sorry it took me a few days to reply... unfortunately, I no longer have the prints for those connectors. Or, if I do, they are buried somewhere. I did a quick search and didn't find them but, I will look again. I used to work for GM so all I had to do previously was get on my work computer and look that stuff up but, I got a different job last June unrelated to GM and cars altogether so, my resource is sadly gone. Just going from memory, you are correct in tapping into those wires. Black is almost always ground and red is almost usually 12V. A few years back, I was looking to do a plug and play option of a harness for this application. You have the male connector above. I could never get a female version to make an inline harness. The connector is basically molded into the product and no stand alone connector exists. The best option is to use crimp on T-taps and pick off 12V and ground from the available wiring. Now, as to which wires they are, I can't say with absolute certainty without the print or going into my car and taking my headliner compartment apart and measuring the voltage with my meter. I could of sworn I had the documentation but, like I said, it's either buried or lost. I'll do some digging and see if I can give you a more definite answer.
2016 Black 1SS w/ MRC, low-gloss black wheels, auto trans. Self-created custom Dark Knight Edition accents. Rotofab CAI with dry filter and sound tube delete, PRAY ported intake manifold and throttle body, Texas Speed cam, Stainless Works headers and exhaust, Skid Mark garage E85 kit, JMS fuel pump voltage booster, Circle D torque converter. Custom E85/mod tune by Jannetty Racing.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 11:51 AM   #10
samcamaro2014

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Hi Darth ,,,,I have been looking for this connector so I could do the installation of my upper console with homelink..do you still have some of those..plz I need one urgently ...i do have 2014 Camaro SS
samcamaro2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 03:14 PM   #11
Knockoutpie

Drives: 2014 2SS RS Coupe
Do yourself a favor and just solder it. Just as easy and it's a lot cheaper. I did mine yesterday.