Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 12-10-2014, 06:44 PM   #1
BUMBLEBEE_SS

Drives: 2010 SS LS3 S200 56/61 AGP TT
Anti-Lag AGP TT system. Hp tuners

Hey guys.

Wondering if anyone is running an anti-lag system
in their turbo setup and what they are using.

Is is possible to do on the stock ECU?
Are you using a bypass valve?
BUMBLEBEE_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 09:17 AM   #2
AGP Turbo

Drives: All things Turbocharged
Manual or Auto?
We're talking from a stand still right?
Best way is going to be LPE 2-step with timing retard built in, but you can do a semi fake version of it through the factory computer.
AGP Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 09:38 AM   #3
Jchaluja

Drives: ZL1 Camaro
Haltech here...
Jchaluja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 10:54 PM   #4
ddck24

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2ss 45th M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGP Turbo View Post
Manual or Auto?
Best way is going to be LPE 2-step with timing retard built in, but you can do a semi fake version of it through the factory computer.
I took AGP's advice and am running the LPE two step.
It's AWESOME. So easy, plug and play, settings are simple and accurate.
Best I've 60'd so far was a 1.54 w my 6spd
ddck24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 11:06 PM   #5
SuperchargedStealth

Drives: '11 Camaro Supercharged Convertible
+1 for Haltech. Although I'm using it with a centri blower, the Haltech can do so much. It has an anti-lag, it's a boost controller and so much more. I'm setup with a wastegate as a turbo would be so essentially I'm operating my blower like a turbo. The LPE is good, but the Haltech can do so much more. You're whole car can be tuned with it and you as the user can make adjustments where you feel it's necessary. It beats going back to the tuner over and over.
2011 Triple Black SS convertible, LSX 427, PRC 260cc heads, Callies Ultra Billet Rods, Wiseco -20 cc piston, Callies Dragon Slayer crank, Strange Dana 60 rear w/3.73 gear ratio and driveshaft, Pfadt coilovers, Pfadt sway bars, Pfadt trailing arms, Pfadt tie rods, Pfadt subframe bushings, Vortech YSi with wastegate and twin BOV, Haltech ECU, Mantic 9000 Twin Clutch, ALKY control meth system with dual nozzle, Squash twin fuel pumps, ACS T3 ports, VIS Terminator Hood, Seibon ZL style lip.
SuperchargedStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 11:11 PM   #6
ttshovel

Drives: 12 camaro ss, 72 chevelle, 91camaro
Quote:
Manual or Auto?
To build boost don't you ideally want to pull timing and dump fuel?
12 camaro ss 427lsx, th400, f310 heads, crower shaft mounts, gpi specd solid roller, shearerfab 2k hp a/w, twin bullseye 88mm turbos, hughes pro ssx bolt together converter, holley dominator, 8.50 cert, backhalf, Ford 9", 33x17x16 tires, c16 fuel
ttshovel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 11:16 PM   #7
BUMBLEBEE_SS

Quote:
Manual or Auto?

Manual.
Yes stand still.

You're saying that the LPE 2-step has an anti lag feature in it?

Or it's an accessory to the 2 step?
Old 12-11-2014, 11:17 PM   #8
BUMBLEBEE_SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperchargedStealth View Post
+1 for Haltech. Although I'm using it with a centri blower, the Haltech can do so much. It has an anti-lag, it's a boost controller and so much more. I'm setup with a wastegate as a turbo would be so essentially I'm operating my blower like a turbo. The LPE is good, but the Haltech can do so much more. You're whole car can be tuned with it and you as the user can make adjustments where you feel it's necessary. It beats going back to the tuner over and over.
Can you post the link for the part from haltech?

Not sure what I should be looking for on the site
Old 12-11-2014, 11:53 PM   #9
AGP Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttshovel View Post
To build boost don't you ideally want to pull timing and dump fuel?
LPE has a unit that retards timing and sequentially cuts spark, thus throwing raw fuel into the exhaust. The cylinders that are firing, are lighting off so late they ignite the raw fuel in the exhaust. Bam, turbine engine effect spooling up turbos. Launch the car with the turbos already spooled.
It is just one unit with both features built it. Adjusts in seconds with a small screw driver. Last minute changes for track conditions and such.
Old 12-12-2014, 01:35 AM   #10
ttshovel

Quote:
LPE has a unit that retards timing and sequentially cuts spark, thus throwing raw fuel into the exhaust. The cylinders that are firing, are lighting off so late they ignite the raw fuel in the exhaust. Bam, turbine engine effect spooling up turbos. Launch the car with the turbos already spooled.
It is just one unit with both features built it. Adjusts in seconds with a small screw driver. Last minute changes for track conditions and such.
Awesome! I have a transbraked 4l80e and I'm thinking of going turbo on this car too, this would work really well! Thanks for clearing that up for me.
12 camaro ss 427lsx, th400, f310 heads, crower shaft mounts, gpi specd solid roller, shearerfab 2k hp a/w, twin bullseye 88mm turbos, hughes pro ssx bolt together converter, holley dominator, 8.50 cert, backhalf, Ford 9", 33x17x16 tires, c16 fuel
Old 12-12-2014, 02:18 AM   #11
AGP Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttshovel View Post
Awesome! I have a transbraked 4l80e and I'm thinking of going turbo on this car too, this would work really well! Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Transbrake and turbos go together like PB&J.
The 4L80 is so large we have to modify our turbo kit to fit. Let me know if you're ready to pull the trigger soon, we need to get one test fit with our solution. We'll make it worth your while.
Old 12-12-2014, 02:22 AM   #12
BUMBLEBEE_SS

Quote:
That's exactly what I need! Something where I can bounce the rev limiter and
put fear into someone! Once the exhaust is done of course.

But I can still use the anti lag with out the 2 step hey?

And this system doesn't require another tune? Or it does.
Old 12-12-2014, 04:19 AM   #13
ttshovel

Quote:
Transbrake and turbos go together like PB&J.
The 4L80 is so large we have to modify our turbo kit to fit. Let me know if you're ready to pull the trigger soon, we need to get one test fit with our solution. We'll make it worth your while.

PM sent
Old 12-12-2014, 09:49 AM   #14
SuperchargedStealth

Drives: '11 Camaro Supercharged Convertible
http://www.haltech.com/product/plati...um-sport-2000/
2011 Triple Black SS convertible, LSX 427, PRC 260cc heads, Callies Ultra Billet Rods, Wiseco -20 cc piston, Callies Dragon Slayer crank, Strange Dana 60 rear w/3.73 gear ratio and driveshaft, Pfadt coilovers, Pfadt sway bars, Pfadt trailing arms, Pfadt tie rods, Pfadt subframe bushings, Vortech YSi with wastegate and twin BOV, Haltech ECU, Mantic 9000 Twin Clutch, ALKY control meth system with dual nozzle, Squash twin fuel pumps, ACS T3 ports, VIS Terminator Hood, Seibon ZL style lip.
SuperchargedStealth is offline   Reply With Quote