Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-16-2010, 05:48 PM   #29
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
where are the pics?
Old 09-16-2010, 05:53 PM   #30
Danprh427

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Make the kid pay for the cost of detailing the car so bee is all happy again.
Danprh427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:00 PM   #31
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice

Drives: '10 LS + a few more
Sometimes they just need to be taken into an empty room and shown the right path with a punch in the face followed by a swift kick to the groin.
usa1camaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:01 PM   #32
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
where are the pics?
You need pics to validate a drive by fruiting? tough crowd.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:19 PM   #33
acamellis
IAMACE

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black A6
Send a message via AIM to acamellis
You sound like the kind of teacher we all remember and want our kids to have. Thanks for what you do and you were left with no other options for the hand you were dealt...
acamellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:29 PM   #34
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
You will probably hear from that bleeding heart teacher who responded to your first post about this punk. He will say you should sacrifice yourself, property and family on the altar of "understanding" the punk. Understand him straight to the slammer.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:29 PM   #35
AUS10BMX

Drives: 2010
That sucks, I graduated from highschool two years ago, and I couldn't stand people like that. I had my car two weeks before I graduated and kids talked so much $h!t and were jealous of the car, but I parked in a security storage place across the road anyway. But... Besides all that, you seem like a teacher kids would wanna be friends with, and thats awesome. That dudes problem is his parents, and some of those students just don't change, I've seen so many of them. Hope everything works out, and make one heck of an example out of him!
AUS10BMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:30 PM   #36
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by acamellis View Post
You sound like the kind of teacher we all remember and want our kids to have. Thanks for what you do and you were left with no other options for the hand you were dealt...
Where I live the crazy parents would be the ones doing the drive by fruiting if a teacher drove a hot car. They would be mad, saying that teachers make too much money if they can drive a car like that.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:47 PM   #37
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
I was told by my school, before I retired, to stop driving my Mustang ragtop to school, since it was contributing to the delinquency of a minor by inticing them to steal it. Idiot administrators like that are the problem. Always blame anyone but the punk.

On another note, Plainfield, I got the Megan Fox engine cover from STW. It is really well done and looks great. I would post a picture, but can't figure out how on this site. Good luck.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:47 AM   #38
Plainfield
2010, 2LT RS Transformer

Drives: '10 2LT Camaro & '70 Challenger R/T
Sorry it took me awhile to get back to the Camaro board --- been very busy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica-Rocks- View Post
Oh don't feel that way! :( I am sure you are doing what is right and he will HOPEFULLY appreciate all your efforts when he is older.
Thanks, I know logically I really didn’t ‘fail.’ I only had a few weeks with this student and only 50 minutes a day at that. But still I really believe in my job and I hate it when it doesn’t go as planned. I’m sure no matter what job you have, you can relate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG View Post
Lets not forget the real victim here, the kid. If my father gave up on me I'd be hopeless too.

Maybe one day he will sort out his problems and become a positive contributor to society.
And yes, the kid really is the victim here. I would say he is a victim of his family first and foremost. Sorry, but I am not an ‘it takes a village’ to raise a kid kind of person. I am ‘it takes a family’ to raise a kid, and a village to help out in certain areas—such as education. But the ultimate responsibility for behavior and morals should fall to the family. Just my beliefs, take em’ or leave em’

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post

Pics or it didn't happen!

Heck, post the video if you can
Sorry, I’m not posting pictures. The school took them, the kid is a minor, and the athletic tape was taped in a common gang related shape. No I’m not even going to tell you if it was a 5 or 6 pointed crown. So many kids have heard through the grapevine what happened and tell me how sorry they are. (I never told any student what happened—that would be inappropriate) The students know we have a small gang presence in our school and the kids don’t like it. This goes back to my belief that 95-99% of kids are good, but that 1-5% give them all a bad name. Plus, I really think that if someone from this kid’s gang came down to the suburbs from Chicago, even this kid would be scared witless. It’s just my belief, I could be wrong.

On a side-note, I find it interesting that they would put the ‘crown’ on the rims. For those that don’t know about gang symbols and crown up is respect and a crown down is disrespect, and the amount of points determines the gang we are talking about. Well if I were to drive, the crown would be up and down. Sorry, I just thought that was kind of funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Sorry to hear this ,but hate to say I told you so. I would stop bringing it to school before they make your life worse.

I would have to respectfully disagree with you and others on this. I am not going to stop driving my car because someone might damage it. I worked hard for that car, as well as everything else in my life. I followed Dave Ramsey’s http://www.daveramsey.com/ financial advice for years now. My husband and I bought a small house that cost much less then than the loan we could get because – there is only 2 of us. All we need is a living room, kitchen, bedroom, and bathroom. I also only ever owned one other car besides my 2010 Camaro, it was my 1998 Camaro. The second I had it paid off, I started making car payments to myself each month, so that when it came time to buy a new one I would have already made the payments, and could just take the money out of the bank. We followed the same advice with my husband’s two cars.

I don’t mean to preach here, but I played by the rules. Why should I let a minority of people that don’t follow the rules stop me from driving my car?

This doesn’t mean that when the minority of people that don’t follow the rules has a direct affect on me I can’t still get ticked off. But after some venting, I’ll move on.
Old 09-19-2010, 12:24 PM   #39
68/2010
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS Rally Yellow
I do blame the parents for alot of kids actions. So many let them run wild and lose control and then don't know what to do w/ them or spend no time w/ them and alot of time they just want to have love & attention. It's sad it really is.
Old 09-19-2010, 12:55 PM   #40
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plainfield View Post
My Bumblebee was "fruited" with watermelon today, and rims were taped with athletic tape. Doesn’t look like any permanent damage. I just finished giving him a bath, and he looks happy again.

I wonder how this could have happened?????

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103493

Don’t worry…all reports were filed; all legal and appropriate action will be followed.

And most importantly…I am NOT giving up the joy of driving Bumblebee every day.

Where did you get or do your door panels that are in your avatar picture?
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 02:37 PM   #41
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plainfield View Post
Sorry it took me awhile to get back to the Camaro board --- been very busy.

Thanks, I know logically I really didn’t ‘fail.’ I only had a few weeks with this student and only 50 minutes a day at that. But still I really believe in my job and I hate it when it doesn’t go as planned. I’m sure no matter what job you have, you can relate.

And yes, the kid really is the victim here. I would say he is a victim of his family first and foremost. Sorry, but I am not an ‘it takes a village’ to raise a kid kind of person. I am ‘it takes a family’ to raise a kid, and a village to help out in certain areas—such as education. But the ultimate responsibility for behavior and morals should fall to the family. Just my beliefs, take em’ or leave em’

Sorry, I’m not posting pictures. The school took them, the kid is a minor, and the athletic tape was taped in a common gang related shape. No I’m not even going to tell you if it was a 5 or 6 pointed crown. So many kids have heard through the grapevine what happened and tell me how sorry they are. (I never told any student what happened—that would be inappropriate) The students know we have a small gang presence in our school and the kids don’t like it. This goes back to my belief that 95-99% of kids are good, but that 1-5% give them all a bad name. Plus, I really think that if someone from this kid’s gang came down to the suburbs from Chicago, even this kid would be scared witless. It’s just my belief, I could be wrong.

On a side-note, I find it interesting that they would put the ‘crown’ on the rims. For those that don’t know about gang symbols and crown up is respect and a crown down is disrespect, and the amount of points determines the gang we are talking about. Well if I were to drive, the crown would be up and down. Sorry, I just thought that was kind of funny.

I would have to respectfully disagree with you and others on this. I am not going to stop driving my car because someone might damage it. I worked hard for that car, as well as everything else in my life. I followed Dave Ramsey’s http://www.daveramsey.com/ financial advice for years now. My husband and I bought a small house that cost much less then than the loan we could get because – there is only 2 of us. All we need is a living room, kitchen, bedroom, and bathroom. I also only ever owned one other car besides my 2010 Camaro, it was my 1998 Camaro. The second I had it paid off, I started making car payments to myself each month, so that when it came time to buy a new one I would have already made the payments, and could just take the money out of the bank. We followed the same advice with my husband’s two cars.

I don’t mean to preach here, but I played by the rules. Why should I let a minority of people that don’t follow the rules stop me from driving my car?

This doesn’t mean that when the minority of people that don’t follow the rules has a direct affect on me I can’t still get ticked off. But after some venting, I’ll move on.
You are in entitled to do what ever you want ,but for me I don't put my car into situations that are probably going to get it damaged. Either way, I hope all works out for you.
Old 09-19-2010, 03:24 PM   #42
Plainfield
2010, 2LT RS Transformer

Drives: '10 2LT Camaro & '70 Challenger R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
Where did you get or do your door panels that are in your avatar picture?
I bought them on E-bay and put them on myself. It took a little extra time, since I didn't want to cover the ambient lighting, so I had to cut carefully instead of actually wrapping the top.

The people were really great. I didn't like the exact picture they had listed and they said they would make one for me that I did like. They sent me a digital proof first, so I could O.K. it. They said they can make pretty much any picture if you send it to them.

Here is the ebay link http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Here is the Thread I posted when I first put them on. It has more pictures.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101488