Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 07-10-2017, 05:49 AM   #1
MA2010SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Interchiller

Anyone have experience with or real world results using an interchiller on a PD blower? Looking to get my IAT's down some more and I figure if the factory Demon has one they must be pretty effective.
2010 Camaro SS Whipple SC, CAI Inc Intake, TSP 1 7/8" LT headers no cats, 3" magnaflow exhaust, HPT, RX Catch Can, LSR Toe Rods, LSR Trailing Arms, ALKY Control Meth, McLeod RXT Twin Disc, ZL1 fuel pump, 3.73 ZL1 Differential Kit, BTR PDS Stage 2 Cam, Tuned by SLOWHAWK Performance Bridgewater MA
MA2010SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 11:32 AM   #2
swiftkart

Drives: 2010 SS/RS LS3 M6
You can go to fiinterchiller.com and read all of the real world results you want.
swiftkart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 12:50 PM   #3
JMI

Drives: Red Jewel Camaro SS
We did 2 this summer so far. Just finished a ZR1 this morning.

Just did a 10 minute drive with the chiller on. About 2 hours later,did the same drive with the chiller off (normal intercooler only). I see 45-50F difference on the datalogger.Normal driving with 2 3rd gear pulls.
Old 07-10-2017, 02:49 PM   #4
TrekGTO

Drives: 05 GTO / JETTA TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMI View Post
We did 2 this summer so far. Just finished a ZR1 this morning.

Just did a 10 minute drive with the chiller on. About 2 hours later,did the same drive with the chiller off (normal intercooler only). I see 45-50F difference on the datalogger.Normal driving with 2 3rd gear pulls.
Thanks Ron you are too modest. We have the only ZR1 kits available since 2012 and they are the most complicated kits we make as well as a complicated installation. JANSAM MOTORSPORTS is an Authorized Installing Dealer for Active Interchiller and only problem they had was bleeding air out of system which ZR1 are notorious for. We actually had 2 ZR1 installations going on the past few days with positive results on both. Lou’s ZR1 is on to tuner and body shop so his final results will be more detail but a few weeks out

We invented the Interchiller brand and system in 09 which includes the Competition Mode everyone has copied, automatic H/E bypass and progressive Freon Distribution on inlet of core for even distribution. We have the only complete kits with single switch wiring harness, LED, no drill switch mount, no AC hoses added under hood; only 2 AC hoses added behind bumper, 100% no cut bolt on ZL1 kit, new high flow coolant fittings and new CNC temperature sender. We started selling Camaro kits in 2011 and have testimonials on this forum going back to 2012 in Vendor Section.

TrekGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 07:10 PM   #5
MA2010SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftkart View Post
You can go to fiinterchiller.com and read all of the real world results you want.
Thanks

With this kit where does the condensate go other than the ground where the track would kick you off for leaking water on the track thanks in advance
2010 Camaro SS Whipple SC, CAI Inc Intake, TSP 1 7/8" LT headers no cats, 3" magnaflow exhaust, HPT, RX Catch Can, LSR Toe Rods, LSR Trailing Arms, ALKY Control Meth, McLeod RXT Twin Disc, ZL1 fuel pump, 3.73 ZL1 Differential Kit, BTR PDS Stage 2 Cam, Tuned by SLOWHAWK Performance Bridgewater MA

Last edited by MA2010SS; 07-10-2017 at 07:25 PM.
Old 07-10-2017, 07:51 PM   #6
TrekGTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA2010SS View Post
Thanks

With this kit where does the condensate go other than the ground where the track would kick you off for leaking water on the track thanks in advance
That's why we invented competition mode where Freon to cabin is turned off and 100% cooling goes to Chiller, so there is no condensation.

Old 07-10-2017, 08:01 PM   #7
MA2010SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrekGTO View Post
That's why we invented competition mode where Freon to cabin is turned off and 100% cooling goes to Chiller, so there is no condensation.

Should have come from the factory like this on a PD blower setup...what's the install like, I do 99% of the work myself when time permits...I'm tired of going to the track a sitting after a run for a while or sitting in the lanes idling heating for my turn. I also like the factory look too
Old 07-11-2017, 07:04 AM   #8
TrekGTO

Quote:
Should have come from the factory like this on a PD blower setup...what's the install like, I do 99% of the work myself when time permits...I'm tired of going to the track a sitting after a run for a while or sitting in the lanes idling heating for my turn. I also like the factory look too
A lot of owners do there own installation then have an AC service done.
Old 07-11-2017, 11:20 AM   #9
swiftkart

Quote:
Thanks

Flip of the switch and all Freon goes through the interchiller only for the best cooling and nothing on the track, I've seen temps as low as 36 degrees on a 85 degree day with a TVS2300, all of the different chillers work well, it's just comes down to who actually has them for sell.
Old 07-12-2017, 05:10 AM   #10
MA2010SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftkart View Post
Flip of the switch and all Freon goes through the interchiller only for the best cooling and nothing on the track, I've seen temps as low as 36 degrees on a 85 degree day with a TVS2300, all of the different chillers work well, it's just comes down to who actually has them for sell.

Sounds like a winner here, my biggest thing is no splicing or cutting while keeping the plumbing and wiring looking as factory as possible while what you paid for does the job it's supposed to do
Old 07-14-2017, 11:47 AM   #11
swiftkart

No splicing, they come with all of the lines, connectors and fittings to bolt in and go back to stock if you want later, I think the killer chiller is the only one that you have to cut up all of your factory lines to install, I wouldn't recommend that one.