Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-05-2010, 04:03 PM   #1
MadMaxx
Master of the V6

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
Yo V6'ers...what did I miss?

How are things in the V6 world these days? I sold my LT1 RS several months back (for a house I didn't end up buying...long story). I hear there is some more progress being made on the header/CAI front

Anyone ever find that hidden cache of lead GM stashed on the frames? hehe... in all seriousness, I'm considering a white LS to gut and throw suspension mods - seems like it would be fun to mess around with and go for broke on lightening it up heh.

Cheers!
MadMaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 06:29 PM   #2
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
Cai is still up in the air, with AirRaid being the only one really installed. More are coming! JBA shorties have shown gains on the power end, as have LTs, so the header situation is worked out, just a matter of choice.

A tricked out LS would be sweet, especially with that snail in your avatar under the hood!

Welcome back!
Old 03-17-2010, 01:32 PM   #3
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Just saw your first Dyno run. Where are you in NC? I am working with a shop out of Indian Trail called Total Performance to install Longtubes CATs and MRT's V2 mufflers and then tune her. A lot of people on the web are reporting 30-40 hp gains based on similar changes.

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 01:40 PM   #4
rhd
dirtbag

Drives: 2010 camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMaxx View Post
How are things in the V6 world these days? I sold my LT1 RS several months back (for a house I didn't end up buying...long story). I hear there is some more progress being made on the header/CAI front

Anyone ever find that hidden cache of lead GM stashed on the frames? hehe... in all seriousness, I'm considering a white LS to gut and throw suspension mods - seems like it would be fun to mess around with and go for broke on lightening it up heh.

Cheers!
how much fat do you think you can cut off? i tossed around the idea of guttting mine but i think the wife would kill me........this is the first sports car i havent gutted......yet lol
rhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 12:09 AM   #5
sparaz
867-5309

Drives: 2010 CMG RS & 86 black Z28 3rd gen
id argue the camaro off of sports cars status, and keep it in the muscle car realm. This car wasnt designed for top end or handling at top end.
sparaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 05:22 AM   #6
Beauwulf

Drives: '10 LT RS A6 & '04 Acura RSX Type S
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparaz View Post
id argue the camaro off of sports cars status, and keep it in the muscle car realm. This car wasnt designed for top end or handling at top end.
Guess you didn't see the Stevens SS at the 24 Hours of Daytona.....
Old 03-18-2010, 06:26 AM   #7
Mankind
Whats a Millwright?

Drives: 2LT/RS SIM, 05 Wht Denali
I agree. Not an all out sports car. Muscle car, very much so. The Stevens at 24 hour of Daytona isn't an everyday driver and was set up to run that course. Which was an awesome race, btw. The corvette is a good mixture of both but the Camaro was made in the 60's to be a muscle car and i believe it still is.
Mankind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:38 AM   #8
esfkotaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6, Black with CGM
IMHO, the days of straight-line performance relevance are at an end...I'd rather have a car that handles awesomely, than one that gets a couple tenths better in the 1/4. Besides, weight reduction and a well-done suspension will gain you a buttload of 1/10ths in the 1/4 too.

Not to say that acceleration isn't still very important Or aesthetics...but these cars are capable of handling beautifully without too many upgrades. Sure, there's cars in the "class" considered "sport" and not "muscle" that handle much better than the Camaro V6, like the 370z, but look at the price difference. For that much cash, you can do all the suspension mods you want and still have money left over for insurance and fuel for the year. And be oh so much sexier in the process.
esfkotaro is offline   Reply With Quote