Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 07-20-2012, 04:15 PM   #1107
mpyle007

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS L99
Anyone have a part number for the rear diffuser? I want to swap my 2SS out with this one and change my tips to dual tips.
GMPP axle back exhaust system
Custom Dyno tune by ARD (Advanced Racing Dynamics)
BMR 1.4" Springs all four corners

"There is no replacement for displacement"
mpyle007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:26 PM   #1108
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja View Post
Good the retro interior irritates me in the Camaro... Hated that goddamn f**ing 10-11 steering wheel.....
Tell us how you really feel...

IMO
The new steering wheel looks like crap with the interior, it does not fit the rest of the styling. Plus it looks like the steering wheel in all the other GM vehicles on the market... Lame. It needs it's own styling.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:36 PM   #1109
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
Tell us how you really feel...

IMO
The new steering wheel looks like crap with the interior, it does not fit the rest of the styling. Plus it looks like the steering wheel in all the other GM vehicles on the market... Lame. It needs it's own styling.
Is it any surprise that they introduced the updated SS suspension, and ZL1 with this steering wheel?

Answer.. no because the old wheel was shit for anything other than going in straight-line. The new wheel is less bulky and more comfortable to use. Looks are subjective. Yes it doesn't go with the retro-fail interior but after changing the wheel which ironically costs a 3rd of the price to replace over the old one. I will never go back to another poorly ergonomically designed steering wheel.

The old wheel wasn't ugly it was just useless compared to the new one. The new wheel just makes the retro interior look old.
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:04 PM   #1110
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Is it any surprise that they introduced the updated SS suspension, and ZL1 with this steering wheel?

Answer.. no because the old wheel was shit for anything other than going in straight-line. The new wheel is less bulky and more comfortable to use. Looks are subjective. Yes it doesn't go with the retro-fail interior but after changing the wheel which ironically costs a 3rd of the price to replace over the old one. I will never go back to another poorly ergonomically designed steering wheel.

The old wheel wasn't ugly it was just useless compared to the new one. The new wheel just makes the retro interior look old.
Function is subjective too, Mine works fine. I do like the thumb "rest's" on the new wheel more though.

From what I have read, thats not why they replaced the steering wheel. It was changed for cost and to bring the interior more modern... at least that's what we were told by GM. You may have read the performance reasons too who know, I have not seen one that says that's why they changed it.

I wouldn't mind a more modern interior either. I love the looks of the new Caddies. It's the cross over that is hideous. I think they did a great job with the retro interior, plus they kept it that way because that's the feed back they received if they were to bring the camaro back.

I've said it before, but what bug me about the interior... too many colors. Chrome, Glossy silver, matte silver, some brownish goldish silver color, pewter color, black plastic... to many different colors going on inside...
Old 07-23-2012, 10:33 PM   #1111
Mike2ss
Airborne Pathfinder

Drives: Camaro ZL575
any updates on power, did they up the power any on the 1LE? I believe someone said it on here, this needs to be able to compete with the Boss, as is I hate to say but the Boss will be the Boss!
Old 07-25-2012, 10:28 AM   #1112
1LEE

Drives: 2007 Cobalt SS/SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2ss View Post
any updates on power, did they up the power any on the 1LE? I believe someone said it on here, this needs to be able to compete with the Boss, as is I hate to say but the Boss will be the Boss!
Chevy hasnt made it official, but I'm sure a 1LE with the dual mode exhaust will produce more power than a 1LE with the stock SS exhaust.

The dual mode exhaust on the Corvette is worth 6hp.

The gearing alone should make the car quicker.
1LEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:43 AM   #1113
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:

The hate is strong with this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
Function is subjective too, Mine works fine. I do like the thumb "rest's" on the new wheel more though.

From what I have read, thats not why they replaced the steering wheel. It was changed for cost and to bring the interior more modern... at least that's what we were told by GM. You may have read the performance reasons too who know, I have not seen one that says that's why they changed it.

I wouldn't mind a more modern interior either. I love the looks of the new Caddies. It's the cross over that is hideous. I think they did a great job with the retro interior, plus they kept it that way because that's the feed back they received if they were to bring the camaro back.

I've said it before, but what bug me about the interior... too many colors. Chrome, Glossy silver, matte silver, some brownish goldish silver color, pewter color, black plastic... to many different colors going on inside...
Old steering wheel looks way better IMO and I really don't have an issue with how it feels/handles
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:10 AM   #1114
cbass

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEE View Post
Chevy hasnt made it official, but I'm sure a 1LE with the dual mode exhaust will produce more power than a 1LE with the stock SS exhaust.

The dual mode exhaust on the Corvette is worth 6hp.

The gearing alone should make the car quicker.
We shall see. I think it will be hard to beat the boss down 18 hp and being heavier 250 lbs, but maybe the 1LE can pull it off. I am hoping it does, but I am not all that optimistic.

The gearing isn't as big as an adavantage as you think becuase the internal ratios in the 1LE transmission were changed. Essentially there is only 1 or 2 gears that end up being lower than a SS. The direct drive gear if affected the most.
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:13 PM   #1115
1LEE

Drives: 2007 Cobalt SS/SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbass View Post
We shall see. I think it will be hard to beat the boss down 18 hp and being heavier 250 lbs, but maybe the 1LE can pull it off. I am hoping it does, but I am not all that optimistic.

The gearing isn't as big as an adavantage as you think becuase the internal ratios in the 1LE transmission were changed. Essentially there is only 1 or 2 gears that end up being lower than a SS. The direct drive gear if affected the most.
True. Good point.

Hopefully the torque advantage of the 1LE 420 lb-ft vs the Boss's 380 lb-ft will help out in terms of the Camaros heavier curb weight.

GM is notorious for under rating their cars.

My 2007 Cobalt SS/SC was rated at 205bhp when in fact they were dyno'ing
210-215whp bone stock. That would indicated a bhp rating of around 230hp vs. their 205bhp rating. I'm willing to bet the 1LE will be more around 430-435bhp (w/ NPP exhaust).
1LEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:48 PM   #1116
SEVEN-OH JOE
Account Suspended

Drives: some to distraction
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbass View Post
As has been stated numerous times, but apparently not fully accepted, the SS-1LE is more DIRECTLY equivalent to a GT 5.0 with Track Pack. BOTH are upgrades to the Base V8 Models.

There are reasons why the 1LE is NOT called a Z28.

If/When a Z28 appears, the BOSS will "know" a true "competitor" has arrived.
SEVEN-OH JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:17 PM   #1117
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEVEN-OH JOE View Post
As has been stated numerous times, but apparently not fully accepted, the SS-1LE is more DIRECTLY equivalent to a GT 5.0 with Track Pack. BOTH are upgrades to the Base V8 Models.

I have heard the BOSS is done this model year. Who knows what the Z/28 would face from Ford.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:34 PM   #1118
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
The hate is strong with this one!

Old steering wheel looks way better IMO and I really don't have an issue with how it feels/handles
Just because I have a Camaro doesn't mean I'm forced to ignore the stuff I dislike about the car.
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:40 PM   #1119
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
...or what Ford will face from Chev?
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:49 PM   #1120
cbass

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEVEN-OH JOE View Post

That is how I personally see it, but GM would disagree with you. According to GM themselves they list the competitor for the 1LE to not only be the boss 302, but the boss 302 LS edition.
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1le, 1le camaro, 1le forum, camaro 1le, camaro 1le forum, camaro performance package, camaro track pack, camaro track package, where's our z/28?