Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 08:01 PM   #57
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
To all my fellow vets....

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
Old 02-02-2014, 08:02 PM   #58
Grizley

Drives: 2010 2ss rs
IMO anyone who has served deserves any benefits and discounts that can be offered, because they earned it by putting their life on the line to protect the American way.

Recently I applied for a better paying position at my work, it ended up coming down to myself and a guy who had served in the military for 15 years. The guy who was in the military ended up getting the job, I said to myself I am perfectly fine with the outcome, I feel that he deserved the job more than myself. On his first day I introduced myself as the other candidate for the job, I shook his hand, thanked him for his service and said "The better man won out"

A big thank you to all the men and women who serve to keep this country what it is!
Old 02-02-2014, 08:11 PM   #59
Crim

Drives: 13 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen=5 View Post
So your saying its discrimination to give the people who serve in the military special treatment.
Well Let me the first to tell you something THERE IS NOTHING FREE ABOUT FREEDOM..ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT GO AROUND TOGETHER IN LIFE FEELING LIKE WHAT THEY HAVE IS JUST BECAUSE YOU GOT UP AND WENT TO WORK AND FOR NO OTHER REASON..YET IF IT WAS NOT FOR THOSE THAT SERVED YOU AND YOUR WHOLE LOT WOULD STILL BE SITTING IN A CAMP SOMEWHERE LIVING ON BREAD AND WATER...
I and those of us that have served don't asked for anything for serving in fact we do it for love of country, a need to belong, to give back to this great place we get to live in and as well as challenging our self to become something greater by finding out what we can handle in the face of sometimes crazy odds etc etc..
But i feel there is nothing wrong with giving extra to those that have served in some way,& policemen firemen,etc etc...when they are hurt or disabled in the line of duty why should they not be given first chance a school,extra funds for their care...When they come back from war why should they not get first chance a a job or free schooling and free mental heath care for those in need,there are way too many vets without jobs,and its just plain wrong if anyone has earned a chance to at least get a interview at the front of the line its them.
WE all as america,s are given extra freedoms,others in the world don't have thanks to the greatest generation and those that followed in their great foot steps. oh yeah if you went to school did you get a low rate student loan,or a grant well not every one gets those ONLY STUDENTS,and only those with a certain set of standards they have to meet ,but i guess that's unfair as well..Normally the poor or low income students get the free grants,and the poor get free food etc.. etc.. but that's unfair the rich should get free food as well hu ?so you really need to rethink your statement it just truly makes me sick and ashamed ,for you,but the great thing is i served to give you the right to be a ungrateful @^%# and proud of it.so enjoy it,and i hope you have a great long life in this wonder free country where everyone has the right and freedom of speech..
To those i might of offended I didn't mean it just the way i feel...Rangers lead the way !!!!! your more than welcome to pull myDD214..I served
This conversation has been over for a while and you quoted a comment a month old. Maybe if you read you would find you weren't the first to tell him something. And what makes him an ungrateful "expletive"? Just because we served doesn't give us the right to talk down to others who may have a different opinion of something. We didn't earn any more rights than the next person. You read way more into his comment and should probably have read the thread first.

Again, this thread is dead.

Closed Thread

Tags
accesories, camaro, camaro ss, sponsors, sponsorship