Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-10-2009, 12:40 PM   #1
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Exclamation PLEASE READ THIS. Delivery dates, production, allocation, etc.

I'm going to do the best I possibly can to explain this...please try to follow along as I try to make a long story short and sum all of this craziness up.

WE ARE NOT GETTING SCREWED BY GM.

GM will be building V6 Camaros for dealers. There is nothing different with this than when they built a bunch of Saturn Sky's for their dealers. Ask Skyman! These "dealer cars" will be sent to dealers just to get people to come into the dealer and sit in them....to secure FUTURE orders....orders for the V8! They are not meant to be sold to people...just like the Saturn Sky's they sent out in the past. But, back then, Saturn SOLD those cars! Once again, ask Skyman, because HE BOUGHT ONE that was supposed to be a dealer showroom model.

SO...the immediate build of V6 Camaros are for the dealers showroom floor. Period.

As far as the rumor of getting your 30% of V8's in October....

Here's the scoop.

Dealers get an allocation.
If they order OVER their allocation and you are #15 at a dealer who only has 14 allocated spots, guess what....you won't be getting yours right off the bat. That's part of how allocation works. If you are #15 and you don't like that, GO TO A DEALER THAT STILL HAS AVAILABLE ALLOCATIONS and please stop complaining. This is allocation. This is how it works. Other dealer will have available orders. Go order from them and get your car "on time" so you won't have to wait.

Delay in production....

This is not something to get all pissed off about. As said hundreds of times, it takes about 3 YEARS to get an all new car to market. Well...plans for production didn't go into effect until, what....JULY????? of 2006? That means that technically, it should take (on average) 3 years to bring to market and our cars won't begin to be made until July of this year.....months AFTER March. GM tried and almost had this car out 5 months or so faster due to consumer demand. Now, it's going down to 4 months. BIG DEAL. One month, IMHO, won't kill anyone here. If it affects someones order here, I'm truly sorry. But, the car itself is technically coming out MONTHS faster than it should.

GM knows we want our V8's. GM KNOWS they have LOYAL enthusiasts that are going to PREACH about their cars NONSTOP!!! Don't you all think they want US to get our cars?!?!

Immediately following the build and shipment of V6's to dealers (which won't take long), they will begin building OUR PRE-ORDERS...V8's and all! Again, all of the pre-orders come FIRST. GM has already "fixed" V6 to V8 build #'s to better suit demand. Geez....they WANT to sell the darn car and make money.

SO....

If you don't want your car in October...and you want it sooner...go order from a dealer who has you in their initial allocation shipment.

I hope this has put some rumors to rest.

Thank you and you may now go back to your regular scheduled programming.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:42 PM   #2
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
THANK YOU.

Now can everyone stop freaking out and complaining?
Old 01-10-2009, 12:49 PM   #3
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
Only one question....who is going to pink slip the dough heads who ran the IDL?
OUR72GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:50 PM   #4
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
Thanks Tag!!

I too was upset and worried but once I figured out the process I realize I am still getting my 2SS...only a 4 week delay plus V6 ramp up at the start...so a few months later is all.

Just have to stay on my dealer now to ensure he orders my V8 with his first V8 allocation!
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:51 PM   #5
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
^Who put all of that out for public information and was not supposed to? I don't know what will happen to them, but I hear the rumor they are actively being taken care of. Mmmm hmmm...
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:53 PM   #6
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Thanks Tag.

As I mentioned in a another thread, I used to work in a large, non-GM brand dealership in the inventory office. Two of my duties were to change cars allocated to us (color, options, configuration) and to manage our ordered-cars list. It has been a few years, and since this was a dealer for a different manufacturer, and since franchise laws vary from state to state my knowledge won't be precisely accurate to what we're dealing with the Camaro, but if you have any questions feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer. I'm not affiliated with any dealerships or any other automotive related company now, so I can be pretty neutral.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:54 PM   #7
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
^Who put all of that out for public information and was not supposed to? I don't know what will happen to them, but I hear the rumor they are actively being taken care of. Mmmm hmmm...
I hear that 30 black Suburbans showed up at the person's house, people in suits came in every window, and someone was thrown into a Suburban and heard screaming for blocks.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:57 PM   #8
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
*******EDIT*********

Will update shortly...but my post below was based on a video that it *appeared* that Scotty posted in his original post on the IDL. I later found out that the video link was added into his post by someone other than himself (it has since been removed). Based on the fact that it was in Scotty's post, I assumed he placed it there and that he supported the contents therein. I have since learned otherwise. So...I 'retract' the first line of my post below.

I just watched that video that Scotty posted of 'CamaroConti' or whatever his name is....

If there is truth in what he says 'Congratulations, you participated in a marketing study'....not only will I cancel my order, my opinion of GM and my confidence in them will be destroyed. It will not be a company that I do business with...read into that...I will never buy a new GM. I may buy used...but not new.

This really is not rocket science and GM needs to pull their head out of their rear end (and not the one with gears in it). They have 10,000 orders...and they know where those orders came from and what the allocation for those dealers is...this is not rocket science. PROVIDE ESTIMATED DELIVERY DATES. Or...are they trying to string us along in hopes that we won't cancel our order? If I don't have an estimate by the time production starts...my order will be cancel. Would you let your suppliers treat you this way? I don't think so...

This is shaping up to be a potential bloodbath...at a time when GM really does not need negative press...

Last edited by themossman; 01-11-2009 at 06:23 PM.
themossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:01 PM   #9
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
Tag ...This is why YOUR the man!!! Great post, and THANKS for clearing
the air
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:09 PM   #10
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by themossman View Post
I just watched that video that Scotty posted of 'CamaroConti' or whatever his name is....

If there is truth in what he says 'Congratulations, you participated in a marketing study'....not only will I cancel my order, my opinion of GM and my confidence in them will be destroyed. It will not be a company that I do business with...read into that...I will never buy a new GM. I may buy used...but not new.

This really is not rocket science and GM needs to pull their head out of their rear end (and not the one with gears in it). They have 10,000 orders...and they know where those orders came from and what the allocation for those dealers is...this is not rocket science. PROVIDE ESTIMATED DELIVERY DATES. Or...are they trying to string us along in hopes that we won't cancel our order? If I don't have an estimate by the time production starts...my order will be cancel. Would you let your suppliers treat you this way? I don't think so...

This is shaping up to be a potential bloodbath...at a time when GM really does not need negative press...
*sigh*

This IDL has been a huge mess. My understanding is that while GM did use the preorders to gauge reception to the Camaro, they never intended it to be solely a "market study." They fully intend to build your Camaro and the 10,000 other preorders.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:10 PM   #11
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
No, the other dealership posted the video THEY made, I posted no video from the IDL... and it was a very short segment of a almost two hour broadcast, which had much more information.

I also said I didn't agree with what was being said, and I ALSO said in time, things would be explained in detail, and people should be patient and wait for a credible reply.

People ARE watching, and the truth does come out - in TIME!
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:19 PM   #12
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
*sigh*

This IDL has been a huge mess. My understanding is that while GM did use the preorders to gauge reception to the Camaro, they never intended it to be solely a "market study." They fully intend to build your Camaro and the 10,000 other preorders.
:troll: Regardless of what the rest of us say, there is no convincing some people. That's why we still get the occasional Z28-is-coming-now thread. If some people want to lose faith in GM now, then they're ignorant to do so. No automaker in the history of the world would use a well-advertised car to gauge interest and then not produce it. If it is well-advertised, then it has lots of interest already; if it is slated for production, then it will be produced. These arguments have been posted all over the forum, and people still find a reason to be upset. We should be grateful that GM listened to us and made this car.

Maybe this is a sign that GM does care about consumers. It certainly seems as though GM listened when designing the car and letting customers drive them.

The next time someone is about to post something negative, ask yourself, "What model year is it?" After that, add one. That's right. You should be waiting another year for a Camaro anyway, so stop complaining about it being "late" when it is really 11 months early.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:26 PM   #13
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
Thank you!

Thanks for the information. It all makes good sense to me and look forward to driving my SS this summer, this is gonna be a good year!
Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:30 PM   #14
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
No, the other dealership posted the video THEY made, I posted no video from the IDL... and it was a very short segment of a almost two hour broadcast, which had much more information.

I also said I didn't agree with what was being said, and I ALSO said in time, things would be explained in detail, and people should be patient and wait for a credible reply.

People ARE watching, and the truth does come out - in TIME!
I back that up 100%, Scotty did nothing wrong in that whole ordeal for what its worth! Thanks Scotty!
Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote