Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 08:56 AM   #71
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
I think Mister and Goval have effectively scurred off all the women...

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveagogo1 View Post
Hahaha, yeah. I'm outside and hers is in the garage. She would gladly give up the spot but, it just makes me feel better that she can get the kids all loaded up or unpacked from the car inside the garage rather than the driveway.

Just no feasible way we can park them both inside. Tried once and just isn't happening. And yeah the Traverse did cost more than the SS.
As for the pollen you mention. My wife has bad allergies this time of year and i have none. So it helps her also to be in the garage rather than outside as much as possible.
THE EFF IS WRONG WITH YOU!

All those mods and it (in my mind) is worth more in emotional value than the traverse lol.

TIP: You go buy an AR-15 or if you are on a budget a Ruger... You STAND at the door way. You BUY a prop WWII Army Ranger helmet and Candy Cigar...YOU put the cigar in your mouth and she LETS the kids inside....no need to park in the garage. NOW, you purchase duck tape, and REINSTALL your manhood. Problem solved, and your ass is welcome.

Lastly, you buy a can of vicks. You slap it around her nose and nostrils. NO MORE ALLERGIES!
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:34 AM   #72
scruffyluv
CB5thGEN

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS BRM 1LE, 05 Trailblazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
I think Mister and Goval have effectively scurred off all the women...

THE EFF IS WRONG WITH YOU!

All those mods and it (in my mind) is worth more in emotional value than the traverse lol.

TIP: You go buy an AR-15 or if you are on a budget a Ruger... You STAND at the door way. You BUY a prop WWII Army Ranger helmet and Candy Cigar...YOU put the cigar in your mouth and she LETS the kids inside....no need to park in the garage. NOW, you purchase duck tape, and REINSTALL your manhood. Problem solved, and your ass is welcome.

Lastly, you buy a can of vicks. You slap it around her nose and nostrils. NO MORE ALLERGIES!

really really glad you aint my hubby ! and the camaro is MINE, not his.. lock stock and barrell and no matter what mods we have, I am not allowed to park in his man cave. Only the HDs are allowed in ( his and hers I might add)
Old 04-03-2011, 09:37 AM   #73
CAMARO 11

Drives: 2011 CAMARO SS
Thank God my wife does'nt drive stick shift!!!!
Old 04-03-2011, 10:02 AM   #74
CamaroFemme

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Just from my own experience, and no offense to any:

Wearing a seat belt is common sense, and yes, common sense has something to do with good driving. Women tend to be in more fender-benders - small accidents where no one gets hurt involving lower speeds. Men tend to be in big, fatal, action-movie style accidents involving speed, roadrage, and chest-beating. That's why a female's insurance is lower. There was some comment about "Yes, men have 70% of the accidents but they drive 60% of the time" - um, then shouldn't they have 60% of the accidents?

I don't know about you, but I'd take the fender-bender and lower insurance.*

*This comment does not advocate sex-change operations.
**Anything I miscommented on you have to forgive, as I was also applying makeup at the time.

(Just kidding. Hardly ever wear the stuff.)

Either way, I have a 2010 Camaro and have never had an accident in it, so it is indeed *I* that rock.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:10 AM   #75
katatonia

Drives: 2010 SW 2SS/RS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickss View Post
Does she drive like this?

NOTE: Please ladies don`t flame me, this could have easily been a guy driving a stick for the first time!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...873#post794873

the scariest thing is that she didnt know what came after 2nd!!!
Old 04-03-2011, 10:12 AM   #76
katatonia

The camaro is my car and I have never been a passenger in it. My husband might occasionally drive it to work- but that's rare. He hates shifting gears!
Old 04-03-2011, 10:16 AM   #77
snowtrill

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6- Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearer2010SS View Post
In my instance I don't like ANYONE besides me to drive my Camaro. Everyone wants to flog the damn thing in city traffic because its not their car and do other things they wouldn't even do in dealer test drive. That girly laugh that I usually for all intents and purposes became Satan laughing when the GF took the wheel and hit the gas.
I don't like anyone else driving my car either but it's more because most people who aren't well versed in cars have no idea what that amount of hp means. The people who have driven my car were respectful and only got onto it with my permission.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:17 AM   #78
brantley847
v It bites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffyluv View Post
really really glad you aint my hubby ! and the camaro is MINE, not his.. lock stock and barrell and no matter what mods we have, I am not allowed to park in his man cave. Only the HDs are allowed in ( his and hers I might add)
Please, oh please.... explain to me which portion of my reply did you ACTUALLY take seriously?

Was it the purchasing of a firearm and standing in his driveway? Or maybe it was buying the prop army ranger gear?...oh no, how about the portion of him purchasing a candy cigar...that was it. That is where it got a little too serious.

really, really glad someone who cannot formulate a sense of humor isn't my wifey either... The way I look at it is we both win today! Grats!

If you want to see me serious...here it is.

Kid come first period. However, I also believe a car I plan (and most of us plan) on keeping for our whole lives shouldn't be outside in substition of a car that we will ALLLLL trade in, in the next 10 years. However, KIDS trump CARS. So for that, I commend the poster....

Again, I do appreciate the absolute buzz kill. Have a great weekend, done with this thread and over the rhetoric that many of you actually attempted to make this a serious debate.
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:19 AM   #79
katatonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
Please, oh please.... explain to me which portion of my reply did you ACTUALLY take seriously?

Was it the purchasing of a firearm and standing in his driveway? Or maybe it was buying the prop army ranger gear?...oh no, how about the portion of him purchasing a candy cigar...that was it. That is where it got a little too serious.

really, really glad someone who cannot formulate a sense of humor isn't my wifey either... The way I look at it is we both win today! Grats!

If you want to see me serious...here it is.

Kid come first period. However, I also believe a car I plan (and most of us plan) on keeping for our whole lives shouldn't be outside in substition of a car that we will ALLLLL trade in, in the next 10 years. However, KIDS trump CARS. So for that, I commend the poster....

Again, I do appreciate the absolute buzz kill. Have a great weekend, done with this thread and over the rhetoric that many of you actually attempted to make this a serious debate.
lmao! love it!!!!
Old 04-03-2011, 11:05 AM   #80
Matt4949

Drives: 05 Cadi CTS, 12 Subaru Impreza
60% of the time...it works every time.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:43 AM   #81
scruffyluv
CB5thGEN

well... what the EFF is wrong didnt sit well.... I sensed no humor in that phrase at all.. guess women cant voice thier opinion????? MHO... my hubby wouldn dare say anything like what you said, especially in a forum online where no one can really tell who is joking and who isnt.

glad you really think the kids come first cause they do... thankfully my kids are old enough to have thier own cars and they park on the street... hub and I get the driveway.. and as I said, the Harleys get the garage.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:24 PM   #82
Captain Vlad

Drives: 2010 Camaro Black 2SS/RS
I can only think of two drivers who frightened me; one was a girl I went to high school with and drove a Ford Thunderbird with a stick shift. She was terrifying. Her idea of proper following distance was just shy of bumper contact, she'd scream out the window when people wouldn't 'let her by' and she seemed to have little knowledge of the idea that brakes might, in some situations, be necessary. She tended to be driving on group outings because most of my friends either had pickups before extended cabs were that common. I had a Camry, but she didn't feel 'safe' in such a small car.

The other driver was a male. He was nowhere near as aggressive as the above driver, but he liked to drive fast. That, in itself, doesn't bother me much, but he liked to drive fast on wet roads, snowy roads, and other such. Dude went through more cars than I've ever owned, simply because he'd either wreck them or tear his engine apart.

Conversely, there's also one of each gender in the best two drivers I can remember riding with.

So I'd guess I'm equal opportunity. Of course, I'm also from the south, where everyone, male or female, tends to be behind the wheel before they hit puberty.

I have noticed that people from urban areas tend to pay far less attention to what's going on around them, and I'm leery about any vehicle, especially large pickups, with Texas plates...chances are, around here, that they're Dallas urbanites and are texting, watching a DVD and admonishing their children while attempting to pass me at 80 mph.

Best thing about the Camaro? If I don't like the way someone's driving near me, a little application of the right-side pedal will usually take me out of range of the problem.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:40 PM   #83
brantley847
v It bites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffyluv View Post
well... what the EFF is wrong didnt sit well.... I sensed no humor in that phrase at all.. guess women cant voice thier opinion????? MHO... my hubby wouldn dare say anything like what you said, especially in a forum online where no one can really tell who is joking and who isnt.

glad you really think the kids come first cause they do... thankfully my kids are old enough to have thier own cars and they park on the street... hub and I get the driveway.. and as I said, the Harleys get the garage.
I swore off this thread, but you madam have sparked my interest again. You may be a siren...a gypsy possibly? A vigilante? Sorcerer!?!? The forum gods will forever condemn me for my transgressions and choice of returning to this topic...

However, I must explain myself before thine reputation be tarnished...

--- Engage ---

1) My posts have been light hearted and humorous, as almost all of my 1500 posts have been. Excluding the bashing of Cops, I get a bit rude and irrational on those threads I do admit....HOWEVER! I have flat out said there is no proof either way to whom is a better driver. Only personal experiences...However, you replied to a post that was so far from serious..I just cannot imagine you actually took someone serious who tells another to buy a candy cigar? I will give you the benefit of the doubt and admit there should be a "sarcasm" font.

2) So you didn't decipher my humor...not a big deal. Instead, you reply by making the comment that you wouldn't dare engage in a relationship with someone such as myself after that specific post.

See, I personally thought that was a low blow. Past the point of humor...but again, I give you the benefit of the doubt that you are actually deeply in love with me. Yet, you are a respectable woman and you must fight the urge to engage any further in our discussion. Ma'am...wow, you are the pure definition of what a honest human being should be...a model for us all.

You assume I am arrogant because I joked about one poster parking outside. You continue your defense that your husband would never speak to you, other women, or on a forum like I just did because he is a gentleman, I can only assume this. I think you and I both agree he deserves a medal....However, this response continues as you began making such a claim of my character. Again, you say your husband would never say anything that I previous did...but you are completely justified in saying "really glad you aint my hubby"?... What I gather from that statement is, your husband and I must be respectful at all times, but you can say whatever comes to mind?

Please take my comments as a bit of confusion. I am just having difficulty understanding your claims and why you have made them. This is light hearted, it is a joke...I have no hard feelings towards you.. But I honestly have to say, it seems a little ironic that you call me out to say your hubby wouldn't say the things I have said about parking the camaro inside, when you are not permitted to because it is his "man cave".. Remember, harleys go inside because they are STOLEN! when outside.

Think about what is happening...two harleys go inside, because they HAVE too. Now this is critical...where is his car?

I can only assume at this point (and we all know what they say about people who assume), I am younger than you are. That is not meant to be a comment out of spite...it just seems you and I have a generation gap on what we both believe to be humorous.

Last statement....you are a gator fan. This is not a question. It is a fact. Congrats...

Last edited by brantley847; 04-03-2011 at 01:10 PM.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:24 PM   #84
scruffyluv
CB5thGEN

brantly.. pm enroute

Closed Thread