Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-15-2010, 07:12 AM   #15
x626xBlack
ARMY of one.

Drives: 2011 Black SS/RS
Let me get just one call in my car..... Just one. The assaulting party will be met with a barrage of profanity. I hope they have a profanity filter on. It will sound like this. "Hello Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep Bepety Beep beep beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep my car again".
x626xBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:26 AM   #16
gghg

Drives: 68 RS, 2010 2LT
When my XM was about to expire the sent me pricing through the mail and called. The prices were good but I didn't want to pay by credit card because some place will automatically renew annually and charge the card, not sure if XM does that, so I sent them a cheque.
gghg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:27 AM   #17
ShadoChaser
Gamer & Ghosthunter!

Drives: 2010 GCN 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
I have never gotten a call in the car, YET, but I have been getting the JUNK MAIL for MONTHS, and its the same offer as discribed in the OP. of course I don't get it, as I NEVER used it, and probably never will, I perfer MY music that I have selected, not what they want to broudcast. so there ya go!@ lol

+1 Same here, mine expired in April.

I have a Basic IPod docked to the car just for music.

That's all I need.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:57 AM   #18
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kycamaross View Post
Thanks for the Heads Up. My expires in about a month. I have been getting a lot of phone calls lately from a 231 area code. I haven't answered them, but these calls are sometimes three times a day. I was thinking it was probably the folks from XM. Also a couple from a 616 area code. Any of these area codes come up on yours??? They left no voicemails either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johndawg View Post
Anyways... They know when you turn your radio on in your car. So, when you do so, they call you ASAP on your cell or what ever number you have previously provided to them.

All in all... I don't think they are as malicious as a lot of people like to make them out to be. Rather, I think they just don't have their shit together and they have a serious issue with communication (internally) and with their new partner SIRIUS which leads to bad customer service.
When i got my Camaro I had a few months of Sirius left, I let it run out and canceled it as I had bought an XM Plan. Sirius called me all the time to come back even after I told them multiple times that I am already a friggin subscriber. I went off on them one day for waking me up at 8 AM on a Saturday to ask me if I want to come back. Occasionally I still get a missed call on my home phone with no message from them to this day, but it seems that they call once (at like 3 PM when I am never home) and then give up.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:03 AM   #19
jagan323
I have no life

Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
lol, they called me to renew my services as well... they asked "Hi, have you recieved our numerous mails about renewing your services?"

"yes"

"How has XM Radio been?"

"Good"

"Are you interested in renewing your subscription with XM today?"

"No"

"But you just said XM was good..."

"Yeah, but I dont use it"

LOL... they even lowered the rates for it, but yeah... imo, XM is fail lol. I rather listen to my local AM/FM, or my countless MP3s than pay for XM.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:09 AM   #20
PostaL

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
I listened to XM for the ride home out of the dealer. Once I got home and hooked my Ipod up it was forgotten.
PostaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:32 AM   #21
Dakota Kid

Drives: 2010 2SS/RJT/L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 Bumblebee View Post
I let my XM radio expire and didn't renew. They called me over and over, and not too long ago they called me in my car and offered 5 months for $20. I told them send me a bill because I already read not to give them my credit card somewhere here on C5. Thanks for that info. Ok so they turn the radio on I get something in the mail. I mail them a check for $20. Now here is the interesting part I got the extra five months BUT they sent me a bill for the three months that I didn't have XM ($25).

I'm calling them in later this morning and telling them that they will loose me for a customer forever if they are going to play this game.

I'm just giving you all some extra warning, like someone here did for me.
The EXACT same thing happened to me. I cancelled....this time for good.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:34 AM   #22
04Ram2500Hemi

Drives: 04 Ram 2500 & 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I used a pre-paid credit card to renew my XM for 6 months after the trial ended. I'll cancel it when winter gets here and the car goes into storage. I thought this would be the best way to do it. I really like XM for road trips.
04Ram2500Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:37 AM   #23
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
good info.thanks for sharing.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:43 AM   #24
King Mouse

Drives: EXT
OnStar has called me for a renewal in my car too. I can see me yanking that out of my car in the future.
King Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:43 AM   #25
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brunsy View Post
Are you saying they called your car....like your onstar number?? If you are then I'm gonna have to raise the flag. How would they even get the number? Onstar sure as hell ain't gonna give it to em. They would have whatever number you had on file with them when the dealer activated your free subscription....and thats it.
Actually he's telling the truth.

When you sign the Onstar and XM contracts for the free subscriptions, they both specifically say that you give both of them the ability to share any and all info.

http://www.onstar.com/web/portal/privacystatement

Quote:
With whom does OnStar share my information?

We may share the information we collect with our service providers so that they can provide services to us. This would include sharing your information with roadside assistance providers, emergency service providers, the police, our wireless service providers, credit card processors, data management companies and others as may be required, to deliver the OnStar services. We may also share information we collect about you or your car as required by law, or to protect our rights or property or the safety of you or others.

We may also share information we collect about you or your car with the following (this does not include the sharing of credit card or safety belt information; it also does not include the sharing of location or speed information. Learn more:

* the maker of your car*; its subsidiaries, affiliates, a successor or an assignee of a significant part of your car maker’s or OnStar’s business, to enable it to evaluate the safety, quality and functionality of its cars, to contact you with important information about your car or for marketing purposes;
* your dealer, to assist it in servicing your car or for marketing purposes;
* your satellite radio provider and our wireless service providers, to enable them to contact you with important information about your satellite or wireless services or for marketing purposes;
* your fleet company, if you drive a car that is part of a fleet;
* your rental company, if you drive a rental car; and
* other third parties on an anonymized and aggregate basis.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:49 AM   #26
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
After how they've treated me, they will never get a penny of my money. No way. That is a sleazy company. I wish GM would stop doing business with them.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:04 AM   #27
FirstCamaro2k10

Drives: 2010 Silver Ice Metallic Camaro LS
No problems here, i called them before my trial ended, and asked for the 77yr deal, and got it, i also asked for Invoice billing, and got it. I checked on xm.com and checked out my account, and the balance was correct, 88.50 with taxes. Got the invoice in the mail for 88.50, paid Via Money Order. Checked online, and balance was 0.00. So all was fine, and i love the XM.
FirstCamaro2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:14 AM   #28
formuladan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I renewed it after my 90 day trial. I did get the $77/year rate without the musicians royalty fee or whatever it was. I paid by check. Was aware of their questionable practices with automatically renewing people who gave their credit card #.

Once this year expires I won't renew it again. I usually just use my ipod or listen to the local rock radio station. Cant tell you the last time I actually listened to an xm station. It's not worth it for me, even at $77 a year.