Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 10-19-2012, 08:26 AM   #71
Cincy10SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
Yeah, I will never put a front plate on my car. Hell no, and I am a Police Officer in Ohio where it is illegal to not have front plates. I will never pull someone over for it and I will never put one on.
You're 21, so obviously just starting out on your PO career; not sure I would post in a national forum which laws I'd choose to enforce or not. Agreed though, front plate law in Ohio is dumb.
Traded-in car: K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.
Cincy10SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:29 AM   #72
nferno
nferno SSLS3

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IOM
When I asked My LEO buddy why we need the front plate in MA, He said it was due to the toll road's speed pass lanes and cameras at the traffic lights. So they can see you and the plate at the same time for a nice photo op. If it was just from the back they would only see the plate and not the driver. So now you can not say I was not driving it when they take pictures of you. Not sure if that is true but I do not have mine on the front either.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:47 AM   #73
DarkneZZ

Drives: '13 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Yeah, I will never put a front plate on my car. Hell no, and I am a Police Officer in Ohio where it is illegal to not have front plates. I will never pull someone over for it and I will never put one on.
much respect.
DarkneZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:28 PM   #74
hawk02
Coupe Newbie

Drives: 2017 ZL1, 2021 Corvette Convertible
Quote:
AdamZ you are "my guy".

I will never put the front plate on my car either (I actually have it in the trunk). Every time I pass a law enforcement officer, I hold my breath., but so far (knock on wood) I've not been pulled over.

Last edited by hawk02; 10-19-2012 at 12:39 PM.
hawk02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:47 AM   #75
2SSLincolnSS2
SoCal

Drives: 2011 SS2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deke736 View Post
They have been trying to use the same argument in IL for a while now. The additional cost to produce 2 plates instead of one is the reason. I personally do not run a front plate, but I also acknowledge that I am taking my chances. In the 18 years I have been driving I have only been pulled over once for it and I think it was more a reason to question us than it was true concern for the plate law.

I also recently found out that there are special stickers LEOs place on their personal vehicle to signify that they are LEOs to others. I assume this is for reasons previously mentioned by AdamZ in this thread regarding weapons in the car.

No matter what, I respect what LEOs do for us day in and day out and if and when I get pulled over I will do my best to demonstrate that respect.
Like anything, there are some stickers that could be used to represent law enforcement. That being said, I'm in Los Angeles and it's batshiz crazy to have anything that can identify that you or your family is in law enforcement.

Shizbags conduct surveillance outside of police stations waiting for cops to leave in their personal vehicle. They WILL try follow you home. Last year several cops homes were broken into, guns stolen. A deputy from Lennox (South LA) was followed home on the freeway, saw them (gangsters), got off and then back on the freeway (they waited on the side of the road), eventually got into a shooting with the aformentioned Sbags.

Point is no stickers.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:50 AM   #76
2SSLincolnSS2
SoCal

Drives: 2011 SS2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy10SSRS View Post
You're 21, so obviously just starting out on your PO career; not sure I would post in a national forum which laws I'd choose to enforce or not. Agreed though, front plate law in Ohio is dumb.
If he chooses not to enforce an infraction, so be it. It's a fix-it ticket. It's probable cause for cops (most won't write it) to stop the vehicle to see what's really going on with the occupants

Last edited by 2SSLincolnSS2; 10-20-2012 at 06:21 AM.
2SSLincolnSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote