Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-13-2008, 01:37 AM   #57
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
^Those that are buying really don't care about gas consumption. Seriously, and I'm not trying to be a smart ass, if they are willing to shell out 40K base for a top of the line SC version, they will not worry about filling up. Usually, those that play are willing to pay.

And...GM has to....to keep up with the competition. GM has to beat out all the others. And, they are doing it with less weight and more HP...meaning GM will likely (of course they WILL!!!) sell more top of the liners than other auto manufacturers.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 01:42 AM   #58
chadrcr
to Z or not to Z

Drives: 99 S10 ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KZ28_For_Now View Post
Exactly. It starts with a "C" -- Right!?!?

Relax folks, we're just "theorizing" here.

July 22.
and ends with a Vette!!!

99 S-10 ZR2
06 GMC Z71 - - - sold...
getting ready for my Camaro
02 Z28 - - - sold :( miss it!
chadrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:40 AM   #59
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cessna510 View Post
Gm doesn't have to produce an lSA camaro because it has the vette (z06 zr1) to do it's jaw dropping and record breaking. Ive always been a Z-28 guy due to the price\performance ratio that exists between the z and the SS, I mean 10-15 hp doesn't justify the extra cash...not to me. I'd like to see the z28 on top and although I most likely won't be shelling out the extra cash I'd be proud to see one cruising around every once and a while.

With the current energy crisis that we're going through a supercharged 91 octane drinking beast might not make it out for public consumption.
But if there is a supercharged Challenger and supercharged Mustangs, there pretty much needs to be a supercharged Camaro. And anyone who buys a car with over 500 hp isn't too worried about the fuel economy.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:00 PM   #60
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Top Camaro Kit Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
But if there is a supercharged Challenger and supercharged Mustangs, there pretty much needs to be a supercharged Camaro. And anyone who buys a car with over 500 hp isn't too worried about the fuel economy.
I love the idea of a supercharger kit at the very least. Ford offers a 100-hp supercharger kit for the Mustang, and GMPP could easily build an affordable kit designed to keep the Camaro 80-100 hp ahead of the current Mustang. That way, people could upgrade to a higher tier of sports car without having to get all of the accessories that come with higher tier cars—different interior, embroidery, appearance package, spoiler. We all know that the Cobalt SS looks different than the Cobalt LS. We also expect the Camaro V8 to look different than the V6. People who are in it for the power and the power alone will only want to look different for function. For instance, they'll seek more aerodynamics. They don't care if it has a different front bumper unless that bumper shaves time on on the track.

Now you're wondering, "Why is The_Blur rambling about body kits when we're talking about superchargers?" I'm just pointing out that there doesn't need to be another trim to be another Camaro. We could all get the upcoming V8, and GM could provide a Z28 supercharger kit if a Z28 doesn't come out at launch. Out of the factory, it might be labeled SS, but a year after driving it, a buyer could customize it to be a Z28 with a supercharger kit. Or it could come out of the factory as a Z28 and be upgraded to the SS, if you prefer that hierarchy.

I would love to see these type of customization options out of the factory without rebranding the car as something higher or better. Anyone that really wants a supercharged Camaro can call ProCharger and get the work done individually. This is more of an accessories idea for GM. I'm hoping that it has already crossed their mind.
warn 145:159 ban

Last edited by The_Blur; 07-14-2008 at 12:29 PM.
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:23 PM   #61
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
The production Z28 model might get cancelled, if it was even going to happen, but a Z28 "kit" would be a cool option. It could include a supercharger, a tune, some body parts, graphics, suspension parts, dealer installed or owner installed.

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:37 PM   #62
rmyers

Drives: Both American Made
It doesn't matter to me what its called, since I will de-badge it anyway. As long as there is a 500+hp version I'll be happy and if its special order only, that would fine with me.
rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 07:38 PM   #63
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Well since you brought up the Cobalts, they did offer a supercharger kit for the ecotec so you could more or less build your own cobalt SS. I would be surprised if they didn't do something similar for the Camaro.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 08:55 PM   #64
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Fbodfather states "Originally Posted by 91Z28350
Scott,
will there be info on the Z28 in the upcoming July 22nd dealers presentation?

Probably not -- it's a while out yet."

here's you go camaroz28 thread
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 09:10 PM   #65
The_Blur

Z28 Confirmed as Higher Tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
Fbodfather states "Originally Posted by 91Z28350
Scott,
will there be info on the Z28 in the upcoming July 22nd dealers presentation?

Probably not -- it's a while out yet."

here's you go camaroz28 thread
With thanks to this post, we can now consider the Z28 confirmed. At the same time, we cannot confirm specs of any kind regarding the Z28. That means that assuming 500-horsepower may be too high or too low with regard to performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Well since you brought up the Cobalts, they did offer a supercharger kit for the ecotec so you could more or less build your own cobalt SS. I would be surprised if they didn't do something similar for the Camaro.
On this note, that supercharger kit, part number 17800003, is a kit for the Cavalier. It does not work with the Cobalt. I posted this speculation all over CobaltSS.net, much like I've posted about the Z28 speculation here.

Last edited by The_Blur; 07-18-2008 at 09:20 PM.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:57 PM   #66
iPODFAN11

Drives: 2019 Shock ZL1
Hmm, I personally would like to see it the way it was. Z28 as the affordable v8, ss the HiPo supercharged v8. Kinda how the stang is. Base v6, GT v8, GT500 supercharged v8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
we're certainly looking at it -- but right now, the emphasis MUST be on getting the Camaro V6 and SS out -- and having it exceed your expectations....

Once that's done....................
iPODFAN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 11:00 PM   #67
The_Blur

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPODFAN11 View Post
Hmm, I personally would like to see it the way it was. Z28 as the affordable v8, ss the HiPo supercharged v8. Kinda how the stang is. Base v6, GT v8, GT500 supercharged v8.
This would make it like the Mustang by labeling the alpha-numeric, traditionally higher-rated Z28 above the SS, which was subordinate until the the 4th generation turned the tables. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:02 PM   #68
iPODFAN11

Drives: 2019 Shock ZL1
wasn't ss always higher powered, etc... huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
we're certainly looking at it -- but right now, the emphasis MUST be on getting the Camaro V6 and SS out -- and having it exceed your expectations....

Once that's done....................
iPODFAN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 11:08 PM   #69
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPODFAN11 View Post
wasn't ss always higher powered, etc... huh?
Last generation SS was the top dawg... Some people might see the SS now and think the same thing when the V8 SS Camaro is released. My only question is this.... Will all V* Camaro's be SS's?? At least I am hoping so to keep things simple for ordering..
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 11:19 PM   #70
The_Blur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
Last generation SS was the top dawg... Some people might see the SS now and think the same thing when the V8 SS Camaro is released. My only question is this.... Will all V* Camaro's be SS's?? At least I am hoping so to keep things simple for ordering..
For now, we are fairly certain that the SS will be the only V8 at launch.