Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 08-11-2009, 04:10 PM   #1
mslone

Drives: 1969 vette & 2010 RS/2SS 6-Spd
great experience ordering my Camaro from Mac Haik Chevrolet Houston!

Guys,

Thanks to all for the guidance I got from you, I was able to make sure this was a good start to my Camaro quest!!!

Firstly I have never orderd a new vehichle or bought a new vehichle...So new to the process.....

After an exhausting search and dealing with a lot of car salesman I found a gem i believe in Mac Haik Chevrolet Houston TX!

I talked to lots of salesman...too many... but as I weeded out all the B.S. I had one guy ( Robert Wolf ) from Mac Haik keep persuing my buisness... He was one of the only dealers I spoke to that gave it to me straight! He worked with me on the price until I was happy and said We can do what you want, we have the allotment but i'm not gonna lie to you it's gonna be 10 -12 weeks. Not sooner maybe a week or so later... but it will be in your driveway.... but I felt like he was one of the very few salesman I talked to that gave me the impression it was his privlege to get my buisness!!!! Not the other way around... I had salesman hang up on me and most seemed as if they were doing me a favor for considering my 38K order..... Rediculous...

Well I went ahead and ordered the car from Robert Wolf... and The Inventory guy ( Mark Trotter) called today and said there was a restriction on the number 6-speeds they could order but had a fleet order from last week he could switch my order with, he gave me a new Order number and said GM will get my order today....now i'm looking at 9 weeks and the Camaro is in my driveway...

Lots of people bitch when things go wrong....hardly anyone acknoledges great service when they find it and I thought this was deserving!!!

Now the car is not in my driveway yet.... so....so far so good! I'll report the process or changes in my perception of the dealership as it happens but I would reccomend these guys if you are considering a Camaro in the Houston Area!

Last edited by mslone; 08-11-2009 at 05:00 PM.
mslone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:14 PM   #2
wullger
Supercharged

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
So, he bumped someone else's order for yours?
Are you paying at or below sticker?
How do you know he won't do the same thing to "your" order for someone else?

Appearance Mods:
Heritage Grille, ZL1 Replica Wheels
Performance Mods:
Flowmaster ARH Cat-Back Exhaust, ADM CAI, ADM L99-LS3 Conversion, ADM LSA Supercharger Kit, Lingenfelter GT9 Cam, Stainless Power Headers, Detroit Speed Sway Bars, ZL1 Fuel Pump

581 rwhp/535 lb/ft tq
wullger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:40 PM   #3
mslone

Drives: 1969 vette & 2010 RS/2SS 6-Spd
:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wullger View Post
So, he bumped someone else's order for yours?
Are you paying at or below sticker?
How do you know he won't do the same thing to "your" order for someone else?
The inventory guy said this was a order they had for the dealership...He did not switch places with anohter sold client order just a fleet lot order! Which hopefully saves me a few weeks!!!
mslone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:51 PM   #4
dstairs
Farewell Thor

Drives: 95 Caddy Deville Concours
Quote:
Originally Posted by mslone View Post
:

The inventory guy said this was a order they had for the dealership...He did not switch places with anohter sold client order just a fleet lot order! Which hopefully saves me a few weeks!!!
I deal with Mark a lot on dealer trades and I agree with the OP, Mac Haik is a straight up dealership. We also have 2 - SS2 M6 one arriving this week and the next in about 2 that are unsold. Zero in inventory at this moment, as it has been for almost the entire time since the launch. Then after those 2 we have 5 straight pre-sold orders. We sell at at MSRP and I am pretty certain Mac Haik does as well. The cars are coming in pretty steady now and there are too many dealers doing MSRP for someone to attempt to get a premium price this late into the summer.
dstairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:57 PM   #5
wullger
Supercharged

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Gotcha! Thanks for the clarification

Just trying to make sure a fellow member isn't taken for a ride.

Appearance Mods:
Heritage Grille, ZL1 Replica Wheels
Performance Mods:
Flowmaster ARH Cat-Back Exhaust, ADM CAI, ADM L99-LS3 Conversion, ADM LSA Supercharger Kit, Lingenfelter GT9 Cam, Stainless Power Headers, Detroit Speed Sway Bars, ZL1 Fuel Pump

581 rwhp/535 lb/ft tq
wullger is offline   Reply With Quote