Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 09-13-2014, 07:15 PM   #15
nelsont

Drives: 2018 2SS Hot Wheels Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batwomanfl View Post
I'm not really happy with GM Chevy either in the way they handled my 2014 Camaro Key issue. My Keys look just like the one pictured above now. I feel GM has just cheapened my Car (2014 RS Camaro) that I paid 33,000.00 for and it's really making me consider whether I will ever be a GM customer again. You see I was raised on GM and in the past 10 years I came back to GM after staying away for 20 years, because I felt their products had been cheapened with the Chevette, Cavalier, Monte Carlo, and earlier Malibu (Hated the body styles). In the past 10 years I've owned several GM cars along with other make and models of other cars. I've owned 2 Cadillac CTS, and 1 SRX, and a Saab (Which I lemoned Law). When I returned home from the Army in 1987, I bought my first Camaro (1977) and I've owned 2 others (1994-1995). I was really excited about the new body styles of the new Camaros 2010-2014, but I didn't really like the interiors of the 2010-2013 (Retro looking) so I waited until GM came into the 21st century with the infotainment system (Touchscreen) currently in the 2014. I thought also since all of the recalls on the other GM vehicles and their key ignition issues, mine would have avoided the same problems, but of course I was wrong!! And I then thought GM would step up to the plate "Not just fix the problem, but maybe install I dunno an ignition switch that would accommodate the current Key setup, but NOOOOO GM went backwards separating only the keys from the original housing unit!!!!!" REALLY????? And the Keys NOW feel SOOO Cheap. GM should've stepped up a fixed the issue to make the customers happy, because we were inconvenienced by a faulty ignition to begin with not cheapen our cars with Cheap feeling Keys!! I have a 2013 Dodge Journey with "Push Button" start and I feel my car is not of the same or better quality than the Dodge. I'm starting to regret coming back to GM!! Maybe I should have bought the Dodge Challenger instead. I dunno know if I'm going to keep this car or not, but I may not come back to GM for another 20 years until they get their act together.
Wow! Its just a key!
Im sure you didnt by the Camaro because of the key. Get a grip willyou people.

Tim
nelsont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 07:23 PM   #16
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible and:
Quote:
To answer the question of one poster "If I didn't like the Recall, why did I give up my Keys." I felt as though I didn't have a choice and by not giving up the keys when there was a Recall, I felt as though they (GM) could say I voided the warranty or something to that affect. Or lets say if something happened to me or my family and I sued them, their lawyer couldn't come back and say " Well you refused to have them fix your Key FOB when there's was a recall."
Why would you have no choice? It is YOUR car... you purchased it. As long as you don't have an accident that is tied to the key fob issue, there is nothing to worry over. Their recall is based primarily upon their C.Y.A. principle. After a few potential issues from the fob, they're just being overly cautious this time vs. what happened with the Solstice/Cobalt situation that they ignored and maybe even covered up. The recall solution, of course, will always be the cheapest fix possible. They're in business, they don't want to lose money.

I won't be swapping my keys in, I'll always have my two switchblades. I bought the car, it's mine.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible | 1980 Corvette Stingray | 1981 Firebird | 1968 El Camino | 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor | 2001 Silverado | 2001 Blazer | 1965 Chevy C-10 | 2007 Harley Softail Custom | 2013 MX-5 in Copper Red Mica | 2000 Corvette Convertible | 2010 Corvette Grand Sport | 2006 Audi A3 Turbo | 2008 BMW 328i

pickwithaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 07:36 PM   #17
EmeryZ28

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
get this sissy a tissue. for gods sake its just a key.

Have you sat in a new challenger?? it is a boat with garbage interior

actually, go ahead and ditch your camaro, you dont belong in one
Old 09-13-2014, 07:43 PM   #18
Homer2

Drives: 50th Anni.. coming home 11/01
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsont View Post
Wow! Its just a key!
Im sure you didnt by the Camaro because of the key. Get a grip willyou people.

Tim
An educated consumer is a power tool.. an uneducated one is .......

Your panties sure are in a wad over something you use for 3 seconds each time you drive the car. I don`t get it.
Homer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 07:48 PM   #19
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
To answer the question of one poster "If I didn't like the Recall, why did I give up my Keys." I felt as though I didn't have a choice and by not giving up the keys when there was a Recall, I felt as though they (GM) could say I voided the warranty or something to that affect. Or lets say if something happened to me or my family and I sued them, their lawyer couldn't come back and say " Well you refused to have them fix your Key FOB when there's was a recall."
You should have come to Camaro5 a long time ago... or at least before visiting the dealer.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:12 PM   #20
DaveA

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS vert
For you guys not "giving up" the keys, how exactly are you planning on getting your car serviced?

I got my recall notice and while I would have no issue signing a waiver, I have read some people signed the waver and they still changed the key. And I have read that some dealer don't care what you want them to do, and that they will change the key regardless.

I'm only a year into owning this Camaro. I have only been to the dealer twice for oil change. I'm due soon and wondering what I should do. Plus I'm worried about future work to the car. It's not something I want to battle constantly.

I know there is a nearby Cadillac dealer that comes recommend for doing service work. But since they are a GM company, won't I potentially have the same issue?
DaveA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 04:56 PM   #21
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
The OP should get a Mustang instead, and report back after a few years. LOL.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 03:08 AM   #22
Batwomanfl

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro RS
Look Guys its More then just a Key Thing!

GM has known about the issue at least as earlier as 2010 about the ignition problem. So what else is there that they're not telling us? I look at it this way, they had 4 years to fix the problem and didn't. I've read that even the 2015 models still have this issue and some people have bought their cars, but are not allowed to leave with them until the ignitions were fixed.
I've owned several Camaros in my lifetime and this is my 4th and it just CHAPS my ASS to think a company (American Pride and all) "The Heartbeat of America" had such a disregard for our safety to keep putting them into the Cars.
I mean is it too much to ask these Companies not just GM to have a little better "Quality Control?" Or Fix the issue with Quality Products I think not. Remember Ford Pintos Gas Tanks exploding and nothing was done under there were deaths and Lawyers dragging the Automaker into court and later we found out they knew there was an issue with the tanks. Or Toyota with the Gas Pedal issue. Same issue they knew about it, but did nothing about it. And we paid "Good Money for their Cars (And their Companies get Rich from us) and we should be demanding that they replace whatever it is with quality products."
I believe most of you would be upset if your car broke down and when you took it in for service they replaced the parts with "Used" Parts, but charged you the "New" parts price. Come on People it's the principle of the thing not just a KEY thing. So go ahead keep your keys FOB the way they are and maybe you won't have an issue, but for me I still think GM could've handled the recall a little better. They're a Multi-Billion Dollar Company I think they could afford to replace the Key FOB with a New Key FOBs instead of just separating the key from the housing unit and taking the "Cheap way out." Again They wouldn't be a Multi-Billion Dollar Company without their Customers.
Batwomanfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 03:38 AM   #23
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Does anyone have a pix of the new key setup I'm in Afghanistan an my Camaro still was the old key. Might need to tell my wife not to get the recall done.

As far as a accident an them blaming you for not getting t he recall done that's BS, educate yourself if the rear axle blows apart and you crash you cant tie that to a key so whatever happens its up to them to prove the key was at fault.

Plus if you wanna keep your old FOB and get the recall done just take in one FOB that's easy enough.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 04:44 AM   #24
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
For you guys not "giving up" the keys, how exactly are you planning on getting your car serviced?

I got my recall notice and while I would have no issue signing a waiver, I have read some people signed the waver and they still changed the key. And I have read that some dealer don't care what you want them to do, and that they will change the key regardless.

I'm only a year into owning this Camaro. I have only been to the dealer twice for oil change. I'm due soon and wondering what I should do. Plus I'm worried about future work to the car. It's not something I want to battle constantly.

I know there is a nearby Cadillac dealer that comes recommend for doing service work. But since they are a GM company, won't I potentially have the same issue?
Im not letting them change my key. If I bring it in for work and they change it without my authorization then they are going to spend the money to replace it to how it was. Secondly, when they ask you if you want to fix it or sign the waiver, you tell the dealership that your interested, but not at this time. This way you don't sign any waiver saying no to it, but you also don't give them permission to cut your key.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 04:47 AM   #25
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
Does anyone have a pix of the new key setup I'm in Afghanistan an my Camaro still was the old key. Might need to tell my wife not to get the recall done.

As far as a accident an them blaming you for not getting t he recall done that's BS, educate yourself if the rear axle blows apart and you crash you cant tie that to a key so whatever happens its up to them to prove the key was at fault.

Plus if you wanna keep your old FOB and get the recall done just take in one FOB that's easy enough.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=365574
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 02:17 PM   #26
MS3DALE

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3/6M Litho#190
Can't believe how some people are acting over this,like a little two-year old who doesn't get their way,ITS A KEY...my gosh,I didn't buy my Camaro for the key!
I actually like the separate smaller key by itself,then I don't have to carry the larger fob if I don't want to. Besides,I still have my flip key for my Cruze!!!
Do me a favor....sell it and get another brands car then,we don't need customers like you!

'11 IOM 2SS/RS LS3/6M HURST - Roto-Fab CAI-Kook's LTs-CORSA-Black Bear tuned
Proud Litho owner #190 - Homecoming Litho #120
'15 SILVERADO Z71 1500 LTZ Crew Cab - 6.2 "Midnight Edition" -Airaid intake-CORSA
MS3DALE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 02:20 PM   #27
MS3DALE

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3/6M Litho#190
Quote:
Originally Posted by rberns View Post
Im not letting them change my key. If I bring it in for work and they change it without my authorization then they are going to spend the money to replace it to how it was. Secondly, when they ask you if you want to fix it or sign the waiver, you tell the dealership that your interested, but not at this time. This way you don't sign any waiver saying no to it, but you also don't give them permission to cut your key.

They don't have the waiver anymore,GM removed it and is no longer giving you that option.

'11 IOM 2SS/RS LS3/6M HURST - Roto-Fab CAI-Kook's LTs-CORSA-Black Bear tuned
Proud Litho owner #190 - Homecoming Litho #120
'15 SILVERADO Z71 1500 LTZ Crew Cab - 6.2 "Midnight Edition" -Airaid intake-CORSA
MS3DALE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 07:23 AM   #28
hworth18
Jus' Cruzin

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS Krypton Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by benji276289 View Post
OP...I think you are possibly over reacting to of all things a "key"? Your car is 99.99999999% ad infinitum the reason you purchased it, not the "key". Having said that, so glad I opted to keep the switchblade .
I have to agree with this.. The key doesn't define the worth of a car....