Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-03-2012, 08:03 PM   #29
cawcolo

Drives: 2013 Hot Wheels Edition
Hot Wheels Camaro

This is my first post on this forum, and I'm happy to say I like the new Hot Wheels Edition well enough that I went out and ordered one today. I've been waiting years to pull the trigger and get a Camaro, and today was the day!
cawcolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:55 PM   #30
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cawcolo View Post
This is my first post on this forum, and I'm happy to say I like the new Hot Wheels Edition well enough that I went out and ordered one today. I've been waiting years to pull the trigger and get a Camaro, and today was the day!
Congrats and welcome to the site. Your going to have one of the best looking Camaros GM has ever built.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:35 PM   #31
wlvrine

Drives: 2013 HW Edition
Quote:
Congrats! Can we ask what the price will be?
wlvrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:24 PM   #32
stratosphere

Drives: 2015 Stingray & 2011 Cruze
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
Congrats and welcome to the site. Your going to have one of the best looking Camaros GM has ever built.
damn straight

i hate to say but if i was in the market it would be a no-brainer even with the $7k markup. This car looks stunning in pictures, cant wait to see it in person.
stratosphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:00 PM   #33
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratosphere View Post
damn straight

i hate to say but if i was in the market it would be a no-brainer even with the $7k markup. This car looks stunning in pictures, cant wait to see it in person.

Personally, I'm dying to see that metallic strip...what Felix called the "flame lick" across the rear fender!

Congratulations Calcolo!!
Old 11-04-2012, 03:58 PM   #34
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
The next time we see this KB color might be on the Z__. Wouldn't that be something.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:20 PM   #35
cawcolo

Drives: 2013 Hot Wheels Edition
Thanks All! I'll be counting the days until it arrives.

wlvrine - Sticker Window price will be about $47,700 with the way I equipped it.
cawcolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:06 PM   #36
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed #1879
Well, I went to SEMA, and saw this Hotwheels Camaro. Pictures do not do it justice. Period. It is absolutely AWESOME. I have been whining for several years on this forum about a decent Blue Metallic, how Aqua Blue was too green, and why GM wouldn't give us a better choice. Well, here it is. Unfortunately, I don't think I can afford the extra $7000 for the package. I really like it, its really trick looking, but I just don't think I can afford it. That is the part that sucks, frankly. I have been following this new Camaro before the first prototype hit the Detroit show several years ago. I have waited and waited patiently. Now, the color I have waited for is here...and I probably won't be able to get it. Please, GM...I beg you...offer this beautiful color on all the Camaro models.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:52 PM   #37
wlvrine

Quote:
Thanks All! I'll be counting the days until it arrives.

wlvrine - Sticker Window price will be about $47,700 with the way I equipped it.
Thanks, and congrats! I'm seriously thinking about trading in my 2010, that blue is too awesome! I guess we'll see.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:23 AM   #38
INTENSS

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallysport View Post
Well, I went to SEMA, and saw this Hotwheels Camaro. Pictures do not do it justice. Period. It is absolutely AWESOME. I have been whining for several years on this forum about a decent Blue Metallic, how Aqua Blue was too green, and why GM wouldn't give us a better choice. Well, here it is. Unfortunately, I don't think I can afford the extra $7000 for the package. I really like it, its really trick looking, but I just don't think I can afford it. That is the part that sucks, frankly. I have been following this new Camaro before the first prototype hit the Detroit show several years ago. I have waited and waited patiently. Now, the color I have waited for is here...and I probably won't be able to get it. Please, GM...I beg you...offer this beautiful color on all the Camaro models.
I think there are a number of us who love this color, would actually purchase it, but are turned off by the $7000 price tag to make that happen. It appears the RS package is a part of the $7000 price though, right? I guess that makes the package slightly easier on the wallet, but I'd still prefer to use that money towards a 1LE package and not some Hot Wheels emblems/stitching. Otherwise, the wheels, stripe, and rest of the package look great.

2017 Camaro ZL1
2002 Camaro SS 35th LE - Sold
1987 Monte Carlo SS
INTENSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:50 AM   #39
Roll_the_Dice

Drives: 2012 Summit White Camaro 2LT
I just sent the GM of my dealer an email asking about production #s. I am considering ordering one. Does anyone have a guesstimate or know the production run? I wanted an ABM car when I ordered mine...might have to bite the bullet on this one...can't make up my mind. Hate the premium and not crazy about the hot wheel seats, but we will see.
2003 Audi A4 Convertible Silver Auto (sold)
1999 Ford F150 (sold)
2008 Porsche 911 Convertible Atlas Gray M6 (sold)
2007 Corvette Lemans Blue M6 (sold)
2004 BMW 645 ci Convertible Black Metallic (sold)
2000 Dodge Dakota sport Navy (sold)
1999 Porsche Boxster Black Metallic M5 (sold)
1999 Ferrari 360 Modena Titanium F1 (sold)
1992 BMW 325i 2 door Alpine white (sold)
1990 Nissan 240SX Burgundy M6 (sold)
1979 Celica Blue M5 (sold)
1974 Mustang II Ghia Green (sold)
Roll_the_Dice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:56 AM   #40
PYROLYSIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll_the_Dice View Post
I just sent the GM of my dealer an email asking about production #s. I am considering ordering one. Does anyone have a guesstimate or know the production run? I wanted an ABM car when I ordered mine...might have to bite the bullet on this one...can't make up my mind. Hate the premium and not crazy about the hot wheel seats, but we will see.
The production numbers are limited by time. The hotwheels edition will be made from January to June 2013 so it will be however many are ordered during that time.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:51 AM   #41
wlvrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
The production numbers are limited by time. The hotwheels edition will be made from January to June 2013 so it will be however many are ordered during that time.
Am I wrong to think that $7k isn't too much?
i think the ground effects, and 21' wheels alone would get it kind of close to that, No?
Then all the other stuff is nice addition. Or am I just expressing my childhood nastalgia!! :-)
I would remove the side HW emblems, though. But that's just me.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:20 PM   #42
PYROLYSIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlvrine View Post
Am I wrong to think that $7k isn't too much?
i think the ground effects, and 21' wheels alone would get it kind of close to that, No?
Then all the other stuff is nice addition. Or am I just expressing my childhood nastalgia!! :-)
I would remove the side HW emblems, though. But that's just me.
I think it's too expensive but I'm not interested in one. If you like it then the price is worth it. It's a great looking package but my gut tells me there is a pretty wide profit margin on this car. I also thought the dusk package was a little pricey when compared with the 1LE package.