Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-09-2009, 12:04 PM   #29
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensjeff View Post
It is kind of a negative tone there, but he is right. I'm actually glad the dealer screwed up and mounted the plate frame on the front bumper. It fits a hell of alot better then the one they put on my 08 SS Impala (Real flimsy-cheesy looking). The Camaro one fits the bumper like a glove.

My family goes out to eat alot, taking the Camaro. I usually will have 2 beers- (No more, or else the wife drives- ) I do not want to put up with the hassle of being questioned on 2 beers.
Thanks... point well taken. Definitely don't want to bother the law by giving them an excuse to pull me over...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRVFAN View Post
Warnings are usually good for 90 days........ IF you don't repeat the vioation within 90 days, then you're clear. BUT, if you do repeat the violation within the 90 day period, you'll for sure get a ticket.

Yes, I HAVE heard the same thing as to the law for the front license plate being removed from the books ..... just don't know when it's up for the vote. Seems like it's a Sept vote. ??? A friend of mine (who's in the know) says it's a pretty good chance it'll pass this time. YEA!!!

I won't be getting my car until late Sept... so, maybe the law will pass by then & it won't be an issue for me.
Now THIS is the REPLY I hoped for... Double sided tape works pretty well for holding the plate on... That's how my dealer attached it. May be good for 3 months...

THANK YOU very much for the excellent info. Fingers crossed for Sept.. Now I'm outa here...
Old 07-09-2009, 12:05 PM   #30
silentbob

Drives: 2005 Mustang GT
I haven't had very good luck in my mustang. I get treated like a criminal when I've been pulled over. I've been given a ticket 2 times for 10 or less over the speed limit, no front license plate (the 05 doesn't even have a designated place for one), paper tag expired by 2 days, never a warning. I got 3 of those in one month. I'm never rude, I don't say much of anything but answer their questions and get attitude back in which I just sit there and take it. I don't get it. There's definitely a class system in practice when deciding which violators to nail.
silentbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:13 PM   #31
RickyTheStorm

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS,04 Colorado,06 ZX6R
I got pulled over the first time on Sunday - was doing 81 in a 65 Sometimes it is hard to really keep track of the speed. Typically I use cruise control but sometimes it is hard with people moving in and out of lanes, etc - which is what happened this time.

Anyway - officer was great!! I was going along and he was sitting in the shoulder, lights came on and I look down at my speed So I assumed he was after me and I was right, he never had to even leave the shoulder, I immediately put on my blinker, slowed down, moved over and then pulled over as far off the highway as I could and he just crept up behind me.

Anyway, came up, introduced himself and said he got me doing 81 in a 65. Then said I had a really nice car and asked me how much it cost So I already assume this is a great officer, and I am always polite anyway. He asked for my license, I went to get the registration and he said I didn't need to get it for him - so I was already hoping it'd be warning. He came back, gave me the warning and then said something like "This is a really nice car, and I definitely understand the need to go fast in it - just be careful, this warning will be in the system for a while (didn't say how long exactly)." So he basically told me to not try to get as many warnings as I could

In the end, great cop - and being courteous goes a long way. If I had kept driving and made him pull out into traffic to chase me down, it may have been different. He kept complimenting the car and was great. Just remember, police officers are people too.

IOM - 2SS/RS - Auto - IAP - Sunroof - Ordered 10/13 (#7 at dealer)
3000(accepted to production ): 4/19/09
3300 (scheduled for prod ): 5/11/09
3400 (broadcast ): 5/16/09
3800 (produced ): 5/22/09
4150 (invoiced ): 6/01/09
4200 (shipped ): 6/01/09
5000 (at dealer ): 6/12/09
6000 (delivery to me ): 6/12/09
RickyTheStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 02:53 PM   #32
PMD GTO

Drives: G8 GXP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Just asked a simple question while trying to keep it light...

Tell me something I don't know... you're always so good at putting a negative spin on things, no matter what thread it is...
I'm out of here...
Hey, give the guy a break, he's from New York.
PMD GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 05:09 PM   #33
davidj

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentbob View Post
I haven't had very good luck in my mustang. I get treated like a criminal when I've been pulled over. I've been given a ticket 2 times for 10 or less over the speed limit, no front license plate (the 05 doesn't even have a designated place for one), paper tag expired by 2 days, never a warning. I got 3 of those in one month. I'm never rude, I don't say much of anything but answer their questions and get attitude back in which I just sit there and take it. I don't get it. There's definitely a class system in practice when deciding which violators to nail.
What class do you think your in? Do you have a lot of tat's or something?
I'm polite etc. and have a 50/50 ticket to warning percentage.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:39 PM   #34
DarrenJ

Drives: '67 Camaro ZZ4 & 2010 IOM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMD GTO View Post
Treat'em all the same and it depends on the violation. With most drivers if it's nothing to serious then I let them off with a verbal warning. "Hey, slow the hell down". If they want to get mouthy, then it's their own damn fault.
My son and I were pulled over on 73/74/220 over Memorial Day by a NCHP. My 16YO son was driving his '99 Z28 behind my '67 Camaro. Pulled him over, I pulled over too, was raining, I was driving "granny speed" because I didn't want ot be pulled over but I did speed up to about the speed limit to pass 2 trucks pulling campers (it was raining and they were throwing crap back on my windshield). Next thing I knew, the "bubblegum machine" comes up behind son, he pulls over, I pull over in front of him. NCHP is back chewing on son then comes up to ask me "what's your hurry"/"no hurry officer"/"then why were you running 76 and the boy was going 80 to keep up"/(huh??)"I wasn't going 76 according to my GPS"/"I know you were". Didn't take my DL/Ins/REG and threw my son's back at him as he walked back to his cruiser.
DarrenJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:07 PM   #35
beausbriggs
2G1FT1EW3A9113560

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to beausbriggs
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharbaugh View Post
Gator Tag UF SSRS

We eat Tigers for Breakfast, and crap out Bulldogs
Go GATORS!

1000, Dealer Order (4.06.09)
1100, Preliminary order accepted (04.09.09)
2000, Order accepted by GM (4.16.09)
3000, Order accepted by production control (4.21.09)
3100, Order available to sequence (5.14.09)
3300, Order scheduled for production (5.14.09)
3400, Order broadcast (5.21.09)
3800, Order produced (5.29.09)
4000, Available to ship (5.29.09)
4200, Shipped (5.29.09)
4800, Rail Ramp Unload (5.30.09)
5000, Delivered to the dealer (6.10.09)
6000, Delivered to the customer (6.11.09)
beausbriggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:12 PM   #36
AMERICANMADE

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
OK, OK, Nice baseball season CajunCamaroChic. Sorry, no front tag required in Razorback country.

Go Hogs. Can't let all you SEC ppl get too high on yourself.

Hey, we should do an all SEC Camaro get together!
AMERICANMADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:23 PM   #37
beausbriggs
2G1FT1EW3A9113560

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to beausbriggs
I think the SEC may have jacked this thread! We may need to take this elsewhere...

1000, Dealer Order (4.06.09)
1100, Preliminary order accepted (04.09.09)
2000, Order accepted by GM (4.16.09)
3000, Order accepted by production control (4.21.09)
3100, Order available to sequence (5.14.09)
3300, Order scheduled for production (5.14.09)
3400, Order broadcast (5.21.09)
3800, Order produced (5.29.09)
4000, Available to ship (5.29.09)
4200, Shipped (5.29.09)
4800, Rail Ramp Unload (5.30.09)
5000, Delivered to the dealer (6.10.09)
6000, Delivered to the customer (6.11.09)
beausbriggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:04 PM   #38
BlueMarlin
phi alpha

Drives: 2005 GMC Envoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLL67RSSS View Post
If you are legally considered to be a resident of Washington DC, shouldn't you be more concerned about breaking the residency laws than the front license plate one?
I go to school in Louisiana, have a current house under lease and have my name on all the bills. Also most of one side of the family lives in New Orleans. Also, I'm legally considered to be a resident of Virginia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunCamaroChic View Post
Ha ha!! Tiger Bait, Tiger Bait!!!! Alligator Sauce Piquante, YUM!
God don't remind me of the Florida game...
Old 07-09-2009, 10:34 PM   #39
Teleplayer

Drives: 92 Bonnie SSEI - 2010 GT Soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by kopacko View Post
For me it is 75% attitude as to whether or not I issue a citation.
This is exactly what bothers me about cops. Since when is "attitude" or being "mouthy" a criminal offense? It's a big power trip. Don't piss off the cop because he has the power to retaliate.

I always wondered about warnings. Are those actual methods of law enforcement that are written down somewhere? It's an obvious method to show favoritism to certain people. Like if a friend or local politician is pulled over. Or maybe the wife of a cop. Think about it, someone breaks the law so you decide to pull them over. Why should there be any other element that decides if they get punished for breaking that law? They either did nor did not. Attitude or gender or who they are should not enter into the equation.

As far as I can see, every cop should get an automatic ticket every week because they always violate multiple laws every time I see one. They always drive way over the speed limit, and they also tailgate on the highway. Plus my favorite is when they jump out from behind a tree and point a radar gun at your car. If you jumped out from behind a tree and pointed something at them, that would be sufficient cause for them to shoot at you - so I don't see why they are allowed to do it.
Teleplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:30 PM   #40
shroomjohn

Drives: Golden Eagle
Quote:
I'd give a warning as long as the driver was polite and didn't talk himself into a ticket with attitude. I won't even pull one over for no front plate. Car looks better without it.
And thats how you talk youirself into a ticket lol
Old 07-09-2009, 11:53 PM   #41
broncosman

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Send a message via Skype™ to broncosman
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono83 View Post
I'd give a warning as long as the driver was polite and didn't talk himself into a ticket with attitude. I won't even pull one over for no front plate. Car looks better without it.
exactly. i feel the same way.

I've sent my sales rep an e-mail already asking him NOT to put on the front plate. As for warnings and traffic history in the Houston PD, we use an old ass system. it doesn't track warnings. heck, when we enter the plate we just get the make of the vehicle (chevy, ford, etc. not type or color), the registration, whether there is a warrant/traffic warrant hit on the plate. pretty basic info. so hell, you can get all the warnings you want, until you run into the same officer heheheh

2SS/RS with painted Rally Stripes
http://www.h-towncamaroclub.com/index.php
broncosman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:06 AM   #42
five-oh

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Victory Red
If it was an SS/M6 I'd have to ask the driver to step out and wait on the shoulder while I took the car out for a short "Safety Inspection"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shroomjohn View Post
Hey guys I know we have several officers on here and was wondering have you pulled a camaro over yet? What happened? If not what are you likely to do when you do cause you knopw its comin. Do you show some camaro love and let them get off light or keep it all business!?
five-oh is offline   Reply With Quote