Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 06-13-2013, 10:02 PM   #1
Algeron

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Convertible, 1998 Z28
Top 10 best base models - From Yahoo

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/top-10-b...225008704.html

They do have the Camaro listed.

2013 Chevrolet Camaro 1 LS
Base price: $24,245
Standout Standard Features: six-speaker stereo, satellite radio, Bluetooth, spoiler, 18-inch heritage steel wheels, body-color mirrors and door handles, tilt and telescoping steering wheel, steering-wheel audio controls, cruise control

You could be a Ford Mustang fan through and through, but there's no denying the base Camaro is an attractive package. Yes, it has body-color door handles and mirrors, a spoiler, cruise control, Bluetooth and a few other features that are impressive but it's those black heritage steel wheels that steal our hearts. When you see a base Camaro roll down the street, it still looks cool, and knowing you didn't have to pay extra for the retro-look is hard to beat.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:16 PM   #2
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Old 06-13-2013, 10:45 PM   #3
snymat68

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray 1LS M6
Elite Catch Can | CAI Intake with Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | MRT v2 Axle-Back Exhaust | MagnaFlow Resonated X-Pipe | Resonator Delete | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | GM Strut Tower Brace | JDP Tow Hook | Vitesse Throttle Controller
Aesthetic Mods
Chrome Peek-A-Boo Door Handles | Interior Accessories Kit | OEM RS HIDs w/ 6000k Bulbs & 5000k LED Fogs | Tail Light, Marker Light, & Turn Signal Tint | Tru-Sequence Sequential Turn Signals & Brake Lights | Silver Fade Gill Stripes | Carbon Fiber Bowties | Various Chrome/Painted/Carbon Fiber Items
snymat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:10 PM   #4
EastWood-SS
Born To Run

Drives: 2013 BRM SS/RS LS3
Yep, it's a great car. I love the look of the heritage steel wheels. Looks like a mean muscle car and for ~20K? You can't beat that.

2013 Blue Ray Metallic 1SS/RS
Dual Mode Exhaust + Fuse Pull / CAI inc. CAI/ 1LE Strut Tower Brace/ ACS T4 Splitter/ SunRoof/ BA Audio/ Performance Shifter/ White Rally Stripes

EastWood-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:36 PM   #5
ZL1 Spoked

Drives: Camaro ZL1
I think the base camaro is one of the worst gm cars out personally. It just doesn't have the looks of functions or the looks at all. imo

604 RWHP 602 LBS/TQ
ZL1 Spoked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 05:34 AM   #6
Vroom_vroom
The gritos pollo!!!

Drives: Like a idiot
there is a great value in the base camaro. it looks good, its still fun to drive, and is a great d.d. my car is a base 1ls and every one i work with loves it took me a while to figure out why, but i have had way cooler cars and every one hated them! but there is something undeniably special about the fifth gens no mater whats done to them.

they are right about the base mustangs, what a pile! the radio blows i thought it was un comfortable and the gauges are cool for about 20 min till you figure out all the numbers are scrunched together so bad they are hard to read. and the suspension BLOWS!its like a giant marshmallow got stuck with one for a week as a rental. couldn't wait to give it back. the only highlights about it where the exhaust sounds better and they come with hids on the base. the body looks legitimately cool but i prefer the lower roof line on the camaros. if you where to buy one they need a suspension change and a diffrent audio system to make it so it would not drive you nuts.
o; Slp loud mouth I|maganflow x-pipe|Injen long ram intake
|brembo brake upgrade| russell s.s. lines|2LT polished 19's|billet 5mm spacers|tinted tail lights&markers|pdmi|billet c. can|
'13 Avenger R/T
'77 T/A 6.6;, draining my wallet.
Vroom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:08 AM   #7
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Algeron View Post
http://autos.yahoo.com/news/top-10-b...225008704.html

They do have the Camaro listed.

2013 Chevrolet Camaro 1 LS
Base price: $24,245
Standout Standard Features: six-speaker stereo, satellite radio, Bluetooth, spoiler, 18-inch heritage steel wheels, body-color mirrors and door handles, tilt and telescoping steering wheel, steering-wheel audio controls, cruise control

You could be a Ford Mustang fan through and through, but there's no denying the base Camaro is an attractive package. Yes, it has body-color door handles and mirrors, a spoiler, cruise control, Bluetooth and a few other features that are impressive but it's those black heritage steel wheels that steal our hearts. When you see a base Camaro roll down the street, it still looks cool, and knowing you didn't have to pay extra for the retro-look is hard to beat.
You forgot to add stabil trac, traction control, ABS etc etc.
I like my retro look with the chrome rims. Rash proof and high mileage tires.

Kinda tired of people trying to race every time I go out with it. Its just a LS.
Old 06-15-2013, 12:57 AM   #8
Fiveg56

Drives: -
In my opinion, a $25,000 car should not have steel wheels. Also, keep in mind, the Mustang is much cheaper and comes standard with alloy wheels, led sequential tail lights, high intensity headlights, and LED headlight accents.
Fiveg56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:20 PM   #9
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Maybe its because I'm not old enough to remember seeing that design on older cars, but personally I like the look of the steelies They're not the dime a dozen steel wheels that are hidden by a cheap plastic cover you see on most other base models.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:32 PM   #10
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
In my opinion, the steel wheels are terrible looking.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 11:11 PM   #11
Fiveg56

Drives: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt View Post
Thanks for sharing. Now if they could find a way to make the Mustang exterior look better than the Camaro's.
I agree with you that, in general, the Camaro looks better, but in my price bracket ($23,000ish) the Mustang drastically out performs the Camaro…which is why I no longer own a Camaro.

Also, in my opinion the base trim Mustang has the edge in looks over the base Camaro. With the standard alloy wheels, HID headlights, LED tail lights, and LED headlights, the Mustang doesn’t look cheap like the Camaro does.

The Camaro’s exposed steel wheels and black plastic inserts where the fog lights should be just kill the look of the car. The Mustang is missing fog lights too, but the inserts are not as obvious. Looks are mostly opinion anyway, so no need to get too hung up on it.

Fiveg56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 11:34 PM   #12
Vroom_vroom
The gritos pollo!!!

Drives: Like a idiot
A lot of this personally depends on the color of the car. The red looks bad. The silver and blacks get away with it but after that its down hill.
o; Slp loud mouth I|maganflow x-pipe|Injen long ram intake
|brembo brake upgrade| russell s.s. lines|2LT polished 19's|billet 5mm spacers|tinted tail lights&markers|pdmi|billet c. can|
'13 Avenger R/T
'77 T/A 6.6;, draining my wallet.
Vroom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 11:51 PM   #13
Deki

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveg56 View Post
In my opinion, a $25,000 car should not have steel wheels. Also, keep in mind, the Mustang is much cheaper and comes standard with alloy wheels, led sequential tail lights, high intensity headlights, and LED headlight accents.
Also, all v6 Mustangs come with a limited slip rear. That's a big plus IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
In my opinion, the steel wheels are terrible looking.
I hate them too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt View Post
Thanks for sharing. Now if they could find a way to make the Mustang exterior look better than the Camaro's.
Hey, I'm here to let you know that happened back in 1964.5 Let's not talk about the years from 74 to 78...not too proud of what Ford called a Mustang back then.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:04 AM   #14
chicagobulls
one car wolfpack

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6
I think that the camaro ls has higher upside than the mustang when you start modding since the body lookd nicer.

For Stock Mustang wins. The wheels snd frint bumper on the ls ruins it.

Have an LS
chicagobulls is offline   Reply With Quote