Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-31-2015, 12:33 PM   #1
nickster127
Black 2014 Camaro 1LT RS

Drives: 2014 1LT Black,NPP, RS, Tints
noise in vent

So what i turn my air on (both heat and a/c) and leave it between 1-3 i hear a whistling noise through the vents, when its on higher or full blast there is no noise. Also when it is off there is no noise...

Does anybody know what this might be from or why or how to fix it?

Just to let you know, there is nothing in or sticking out of the vent. Nothing has ever been attached to it so it couldn't be from anything i did from hooking things up to it.
Old 04-02-2015, 01:31 PM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickster127 View Post
So what i turn my air on (both heat and a/c) and leave it between 1-3 i hear a whistling noise through the vents, when its on higher or full blast there is no noise. Also when it is off there is no noise...

Does anybody know what this might be from or why or how to fix it?

Just to let you know, there is nothing in or sticking out of the vent. Nothing has ever been attached to it so it couldn't be from anything i did from hooking things up to it.
nickster127,

I'm sorry to hear about the noise you're hearing from your vent. I understand how displeasing this would be and realize you're seeking opinions about it. However, if you'd like to consider getting an official GM diagnosis, please message me privately as I can reach out to the dealer's Customer Experience Managers (CEM) for additional assistance. If you'd like to contact us privately, we'd be happy to discuss this with you further.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 02:02 PM   #3
sbubbaklein

Drives: early 2011 Camaro convertible
it sounds like one of the doors in the hvac module is not going completely shut and the air flow past the slightly open door is whistling. You can see if you can get to the sides of the hvac box, remove each one of the mode controllers one at a time and rotate the door manually to all of the way shut to determine which one may be sticking.

However the dealership can command all of the doors open and closed with their lap top in order to diagnose.

Something may have come loose like some foam tape that can crack the door open

Early 2011 LT Convertible, ZL1 bumper, hood, side skirts, belly pan and wheels, Truecarbon ECF hood extractor, K&N CAI, Elite catch can, Big Worm Bow Tie emblems, Jacfab bracket, Vitesse TC, BMR strut brace, BMR tunnel brace, NPP exhaust
sbubbaklein is offline   Reply With Quote