Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-02-2014, 09:42 AM   #15
Livernois Motorsports

Drives: 2010 Camaro 454 LSX (SOLD)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbheat View Post
Might as well save 2-3k and buy a supercharger....
GO BIG OR GO HOME...

http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/...Turbo-Kit.html
Livernois Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 12:37 PM   #16
Pluto

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livernois Motorsports View Post
oh my thats purrty

Small, but effective mod list:

Roto-Fab Intake, TSP 2" Long tubes, TSP catless mids, MSD spark plug wires, stock catback, Elite Catch Can, APEX washer relocation and scoop, VMAX throttle body, Diablo InTune-Tuned by Matt@FSP, and a JacFab license plate bracket.
Pluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 12:43 PM   #17
RGRCamaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Oh lawddddd

RGRCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 01:28 PM   #18
djpelosi

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Might as well save 2-3k and buy a supercharger....
Save 2-3k? Since when is supercharger with all parts + install less than $4,000?
Bo White Ported Throttle Body
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Best Time: 12.43 @ 114, 1.99 60' on stock wheels and stock tires
Build Thread
djpelosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 02:27 PM   #19
lbheat
Echale Gas [COTW 3/10/14]

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by djpelosi View Post
Save 2-3k? Since when is supercharger with all parts + install less than $4,000?
Save, meaning he should keep saving money up ($2-3K) more to get supercharged.

Kenne Bell
502 rwhp/ 471 rwtq at 9psi (daily driver...for now)
Performance: Corsa catback, JRE Super Tensioner, dual pass heat exchanger, R1 slotted & Dimpled rotors cryogenically treated
Cosmetic: Giovanna kilis 22", zl1 mailslot bumper, Custom Emblem Pro Badge, painted calipers
lbheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 02:28 PM   #20
lbheat
Echale Gas [COTW 3/10/14]

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS Supercharged
Quote:
Oh my, now we're talking haha

Kenne Bell
502 rwhp/ 471 rwtq at 9psi (daily driver...for now)
Performance: Corsa catback, JRE Super Tensioner, dual pass heat exchanger, R1 slotted & Dimpled rotors cryogenically treated
Cosmetic: Giovanna kilis 22", zl1 mailslot bumper, Custom Emblem Pro Badge, painted calipers
lbheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 03:49 PM   #21
djpelosi

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Save, meaning he should keep saving money up ($2-3K) more to get supercharged.
Ah, now it makes sense.
Bo White Ported Throttle Body
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Best Time: 12.43 @ 114, 1.99 60' on stock wheels and stock tires
Build Thread
djpelosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 05:32 PM   #22
Pluto

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpelosi View Post
Since when is a kit $4,000 anyway?

Roto-Fab Intake, TSP 2" Long tubes, TSP catless mids, MSD spark plug wires, stock catback, Elite Catch Can, APEX washer relocation and scoop, VMAX throttle body, Diablo InTune-Tuned by Matt@FSP, and a JacFab license plate bracket.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:12 PM   #23
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
your in south Texas I would talk to Texas speed and performance, and adding in a chain with the oil pump will bump the price up but you may not even need them and the single roller chain and pump I have been using as have many........ dropping the oil pan for the install is a pain and most shops would say..add 500$ and parts for the pain, other wise I did mine on about $4500 with stainless power headers and cats, a .639/.623 cam with the extra for .675 springs and made sure I got 7.375 hardened pushrods for a ls3. I bought the three bolt cam gear, all the gaskets, fluids..including driven racing oil for a break in..br30 then dump after the dyno tune with h.p. tuning. I am happy with my cam for sure. And do not forget the belts...the ac belt is a cut off..... best to replace them both as the ac has to be walked on and is basically unremovable, and do not forget a new harmonic balancer bolt....and well a real good harmonic balancer is good insurance, and down the road when I go to check my springs at 25k for fatigue I will most likely do the pump and chain, and I netted 491 h.p. to the wheels with tsps. best cam on a mustang dyno...and always make sure you know to have them limit or trash torque management the power robber...and keep traction management, ditch 1-4 shift, idle up to 900 rpm required.... maybe ditch hill start assist..I kept it... altering the fuel tables and spark etc for a good curve and never a lean condition and of course ditch the cel code which will come up from the headers o2 sensors being so farther down stream..... Just a few pointers.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:25 PM   #24
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
5k for all this? Seems unreal to me.
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 06:41 PM   #25
Pluto

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
your in south Texas I would talk to Texas speed and performance, and adding in a chain with the oil pump will bump the price up but you may not even need them and the single roller chain and pump I have been using as have many........ dropping the oil pan for the install is a pain and most shops would say..add 500$ and parts for the pain, other wise I did mine on about $4500 with stainless power headers and cats, a .639/.623 cam with the extra for .675 springs and made sure I got 7.375 hardened pushrods for a ls3. I bought the three bolt cam gear, all the gaskets, fluids..including driven racing oil for a break in..br30 then dump after the dyno tune with h.p. tuning. I am happy with my cam for sure. And do not forget the belts...the ac belt is a cut off..... best to replace them both as the ac has to be walked on and is basically unremovable, and do not forget a new harmonic balancer bolt....and well a real good harmonic balancer is good insurance, and down the road when I go to check my springs at 25k for fatigue I will most likely do the pump and chain, and I netted 491 h.p. to the wheels with tsps. best cam on a mustang dyno...and always make sure you know to have them limit or trash torque management the power robber...and keep traction management, ditch 1-4 shift, idle up to 900 rpm required.... maybe ditch hill start assist..I kept it... altering the fuel tables and spark etc for a good curve and never a lean condition and of course ditch the cel code which will come up from the headers o2 sensors being so farther down stream..... Just a few pointers.
Did you do the install or someone else did

Old 10-02-2014, 06:54 PM   #26
gymlife20

Drives: RS
if you want the car too loud get slp loudmouth 1 i don't think you will need headers after you hear it its insanely loud got a ticket first day i installed LOL
gymlife20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 06:59 PM   #27
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
5k with us will get you a Cam package with all the essentials, Kooks headers, Roto-Fab intake and an under-drive pulley and still have money to go out for a nice dinner and then some.

I don't think you'll have any trouble getting what you want done under budget.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 11:13 PM   #28
SIN R G

Drives: 2008 VW R32, 2011 Synergy Green 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto View Post
I honestly want as loud as possible im even considering straight pipes
Please don't do just loud. The Camaro is a classy car and just plain loud gives it that trailer court trash image. Give it an exhaust that gives it a nice deep rumble that the Camaro deserves.
SIN R G is offline   Reply With Quote