Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2014 Camaro5 Fest (V)

Old 05-02-2014, 05:55 PM   #1
You Won't
Nothin wrong with dreamin

Drives: Camaro SS
Probably a dumb question. Laugh if you want.

So is there a fee to get in? If not, is there anything particular that needs to happen when I get there and is the track charging to watch the racing? I am local and have been to that track many times just never to an event like this. Laugh it up but I would like an answer somewhere between breaths. Thanks.
You Won't is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 05:59 PM   #2
1badtie

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
I went today and saw no one charging admission so I believe it is free
1badtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 06:00 PM   #3
ebrock89

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS AT IBM
It cost me $20 for both days and I am not racing.
ebrock89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 06:44 PM   #4
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Staff sold wristbands last night, but you can pay at the gate. I believe spectator fee is $20 and driver's bands are $100. Driver bands allow you to compete in both drag racing and CamaroCross. You only need to be a spectator to enter the car show if you want to enter that.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:01 PM   #5
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Every single person coming in through the gate should be paying an admission to get in. Whether it be driving ($100) or spectator ($20), payment should be made.

The reason we are able to do these events is because EVERYONE puts in THEIR portion. If anyone sees anyone else walking around the grounds without a wristband and you had to pay? Think about it... NOT COOL. Call them out (maybe not to their face) but let one of us know. Just remember...that person is basically "stole" from the group while you had to pay. I don't know about y'all, but that ain't cool by me!!!

$20 really isn't crap when it comes down to it. Think about all the $ everyone puts into their cars!

C'mon, folks! Be honest!

(and yes...the track will definitely crack down on this tomorrow! I WILL MAKE SURE OF THIS)
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 09:25 PM   #6
You Won't
Nothin wrong with dreamin

Drives: Camaro SS
What about kids? Your right, it is only fare that everyone pay. No one should be "sneaking" in. We would just be coming as spectators. Thanks for the info.
You Won't is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 09:37 PM   #7
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Every single person coming in through the gate should be paying an admission to get in. Whether it be driving ($100) or spectator ($20), payment should be made.

The reason we are able to do these events is because EVERYONE puts in THEIR portion. If anyone sees anyone else walking around the grounds without a wristband and you had to pay? Think about it... NOT COOL. Call them out (maybe not to their face) but let one of us know. Just remember...that person is basically "stole" from the group while you had to pay. I don't know about y'all, but that ain't cool by me!!!

$20 really isn't crap when it comes down to it. Think about all the $ everyone puts into their cars!

C'mon, folks! Be honest!

(and yes...the track will definitely crack down on this tomorrow! I WILL MAKE SURE OF THIS)
This event is funded by attendance. By paying, you help ensure we can keep this up for next year. For $20, you get the opportunity to spend time with the people behind the screen names you've never met in person. It sounds stupid, but I know most of you pay $50 for local car shows, but this one is all Camaros from Camaro5. For $100, you're racing, and it's not just drag. We've got autocross. Don't forget about the vendors. They're itching to sell you the stuff they brought, and it's a great opportunity to make a friend at a shop that might be willing to hook you up in the future. Either way you pay, you're getting a great experience with your fellow Camaro owners from all over the place. It's really a unique event.

You might be able to pirate a concert, but it isn't the same as going for real. Be honest, have fun, and don't get called out for being a dirtbag for failing to pay.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 09:45 PM   #8
Crystal_Red_SS

Drives: 2012 Crystal Red Tintcoat 2SS/RS
What is the admission fee just for coming on Saturday? Is it still $20?? Wife and I paid our $20 today but thinking about bringing the kids tomorrow so they can enjoy the cars.

Custom Grind Cam 222int 230exh .601"/.608 116*+4, TSP 25% UD Pulley w/ ACC Serpentine Belt, 160* Thermostat, Melling High Pressure Oil Pump,LS3 Conversion,C5R Timing Chain,Amzoil ZROD 10W30,NGK TR6 Spark Plugs, Professional Stage II Cylinder Head Porting Service (360+ CFM), Install by 510 Race Engineering
445 RWHP, 419 ft/lb tq
Crystal_Red_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 11:12 PM   #9
1badtie

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
I pulled in today at 3PM and saw no signs of admission or anyone at the gate taking money. I would of been fine with paying 20 if there were someone to pay. There were camaros going every direction and no one directing traffic or parking or anything. You guys should really keep check of your workers or volunteers better or have a better plan. I'll be looking forward to paying my way tomorrow and not be such a "dirtbag".
1badtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 04:19 PM   #10
TXLS3

Drives: 11' 2ss/rs ls3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badtie View Post
I pulled in today at 3PM and saw no signs of admission or anyone at the gate taking money. I would of been fine with paying 20 if there were someone to pay. There were camaros going every direction and no one directing traffic or parking or anything. You guys should really keep check of your workers or volunteers better or have a better plan. I'll be looking forward to paying my way tomorrow and not be such a "dirtbag".
i don't think you did anything wrong. your not a dirtbag.
Old 05-03-2014, 06:09 PM   #11
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Apparently some people got wristbands before even entering the gate on Friday. Not sure how this happened, got mine at the gate. When I registered by signing up for Camarocross I got confirmation of when I would be participating but no info on how, when and where to pay in the email. I looked for that info on the site once I arrived here and couldn't find it. Quite possible I missed it, but just a suggestion for improvement of the next fest.
Old 05-03-2014, 06:47 PM   #12
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS

Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
TRANSITION FROM STOCK TO CAM VID
Maxspeed is offline   Reply With Quote