Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 02-16-2014, 12:09 AM   #1
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE IMO Turbo
2013 1LE Pfadt coilovers???

So I'm currently with 509 RWHP with the Turbonetics kit 76 at 5.8 psi. I'm gonna do a Comp cam . Pushrods , dual valve springs. Increase boost and custom tune.
Plan is to end up at 600rhwp
So I know I need to also upgrade my suspension to avoid wheel hop?

I been looking at the Pfadt cool overs but they are $2,790. Any info? Meaning has anyone with a 1LE done it? Are they worth the money!?
Lio Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 12:36 AM   #2
tw78911sc

Drives: 14 1SS Camaro 1LE, NPP, Recaros
IMO. Wheel hop is from all the factory rubber bushings in cradle, differential and weak tie rods and control arms. I'd start there 1st. Shocks will help with cornering, braking and weight transfer from side to side/front to back and absorbing change in the road surface.
tw78911sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 12:40 AM   #3
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw78911sc View Post
IMO. Wheel hop is from all the factory rubber bushings in cradle, differential and weak tie rods and control arms. I'd start there 1st. Shocks will help with cornering, braking and weight transfer from side to side/front to back and absorbing change in the road surface.

Have you upgraded anything on your 1LE yet?
Old 02-16-2014, 12:42 AM   #4
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Those are the exact subframe mounts I was looking into
Old 02-16-2014, 01:02 AM   #5
tw78911sc

Drives: 14 1SS Camaro 1LE, NPP, Recaros
Waiting on a couple more back-ordered parts, then I'm dropping rear cradle and adding everything @ one time. I've been told the poly bushings in the differential get eaten up so I'm waiting on those to I change them out over OEM. I have less than 1K on the car, getting ready for the new year now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lio Martinez View Post
Have you upgraded anything on your 1LE yet?
tw78911sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 01:19 AM   #6
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw78911sc View Post
Waiting on a couple more back-ordered parts, then I'm dropping rear cradle and adding everything @ one time. I've been told the poly bushings in the differential get eaten up so I'm waiting on those to I change them out over OEM. I have less than 1K on the car, getting ready for the new year now.
I'm really interested in the Pfadt solid mounts but I'm just concerned that they might create noise or rattle.
Old 02-16-2014, 06:37 AM   #7
davidcroft
Sellin Chevy's since '06

Drives: 18ZL1 02Z-28
Quote:
I'm really interested in the Pfadt solid mounts but I'm just concerned that they might create noise or rattle.
I've heard they do.

Their rear trailing arm and Tie Rod package helps a bit with wheel hop too.
SOLD! '18 ZL1 Mosiac Blk
SOLD!'16 SS Sedan-Forgestars/ARH/rotofab
TRADED!2014 SS Sedan
SOLD! 2013 Blue Ray1SS/1LE 1of20.
TRADED! 2012 White 1SS/RS
davidcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:32 AM   #8
SSTG

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
I've heard the Ridetech Coil overs are really nice and they're about $600 cheaper.
Might want to check them out?
SSTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 11:21 AM   #9
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
I'm taking care of these problems now. I decided to go with basically the Pedders formula though. I'm adding a makeshift Permagrin Kit. I got one of the last rear bars from Summit Racing and I bought some Whiteline Bushings from Phastek they (Whiteline) make the Pedders bushings. I got the front radius bushings (don't do anything for wheel hop) and the rear cradle bushings for roughly $200 shipped. There are some videos out there that Pete posted that look very similar to the performance of the Pfadt solid bushings. Also remember the 1LE comes with ZL1 trailering arms which are a substantial upgrade to the standard pieces. While all of this isn't as substantial as the Pfadt parts it's a hell of a lot cheaper.

As for the Pfadt Coil Overs I recently talked to them and they told me the Featherlight's are the way to go. The GMPP version is more "Show than Go"

http://store.pfadtracing.com/2010-ca...-street-track/

The Ridetechs do look promising but somehow for a couple hundred more (once you use Camaro5 discounts most vendors offer) they give me a more warm and fuzzy feeling.

Also note the Pfadts are 6-8 weeks out. My wallet is at least that far out too though. lol

Research the two and come to your own conclusion.

Also if you read this thread it goes over the 1LE suspension in a little more detail and also has the vids I mentioned... http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285242
Old 02-16-2014, 12:33 PM   #10
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTG View Post
I've heard the Ridetech Coil overs are really nice and they're about $600 cheaper.
Might want to check them out?

Got any links to this one? I never heard of them
Old 02-16-2014, 12:35 PM   #11
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
I'm taking care of these problems now. I decided to go with basically the Pedders formula though. I'm adding a makeshift Permagrin Kit. I got one of the last rear bars from Summit Racing and I bought some Whiteline Bushings from Phastek they (Whiteline) make the Pedders bushings. I got the front radius bushings (don't do anything for wheel hop) and the rear cradle bushings for roughly $200 shipped. There are some videos out there that Pete posted that look very similar to the performance of the Pfadt solid bushings. Also remember the 1LE comes with ZL1 trailering arms which are a substantial upgrade to the standard pieces. While all of this isn't as substantial as the Pfadt parts it's a hell of a lot cheaper.

As for the Pfadt Coil Overs I recently talked to them and they told me the Featherlight's are the way to go. The GMPP version is more "Show than Go"

http://store.pfadtracing.com/2010-ca...-street-track/

The Ridetechs do look promising but somehow for a couple hundred more (once you use Camaro5 discounts most vendors offer) they give me a more warm and fuzzy feeling.

Also note the Pfadts are 6-8 weeks out. My wallet is at least that far out too though. lol

Research the two and come to your own conclusion.

Also if you read this thread it goes over the 1LE suspension in a little more detail and also has the vids I mentioned... http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285242

You touched the point that I was very interested in. I checked the Featherlight which had great features and were at least $400 cheaper. Why will they be better than the GMPP? Also do we really get a discount as forum members?
Old 02-16-2014, 01:54 PM   #12
SSTG

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Quote:
Got any links to this one? I never heard of them
They are a vendor here on the Board.
Chase @ Apex sells them also.
SSTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 02:20 PM   #13
NYROC655

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE Track Ready
Just completed a complete Pfadt race suspension system for the track. They had the most complete set on the market. Did a ton of reserach and chose Pfadt.

Did a Pedders system on my G8 GXP a couple of years ago but wanted to try a different system. Had less than one track day to try things out so I really don't have much to report about handling.

Some pics of the upgrades:
Attached Images

NYROC655 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 03:03 PM   #14
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROC655 View Post
Just completed a complete Pfadt race suspension system for the track. They had the most complete set on the market. Did a ton of reserach and chose Pfadt.

Did a Pedders system on my G8 GXP a couple of years ago but wanted to try a different system. Had less than one track day to try things out so I really don't have much to report about handling.

Some pics of the upgrades:

Damn I can Definetly say I'm jealous. How much for all those parts!????
What exactly did u get ? I can see the coilovers but which ones did u get? How much did u get them for!?

I also noticed the solid subframe bushings and the rear trailing arms and rear tie rods!? Did u notice any harsh ride or any noise?

Also do u need to drop the rear cradle to do all the suspension work?