Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 05-14-2011, 11:41 AM   #1
Brakelate

Drives: '03 Mustang Cobra
Question So who was at Famoso Raceway Last Nite?

I saw a Silver 5th-Gen sitting in the staging lanes last night at the Friday Nite Test & Tune event.

Didn't get to talk to the driver, but was curious what he / she ran.

I managed to capture a brief shot of it in the lanes from behind before heading out to the burnout box.

Here is a brief video of my evening;

Old 05-16-2011, 08:39 PM   #2
SA CHEVY
"HILLARY"

Drives: "HILLARY" :D
My neighbors went and invited me if I wanted to take the Camaro out but told them the first test and tune of the year is always crazy and wanted to wait for it to slow down a bit out there. He said it was pretty packed!!
Old 05-18-2011, 11:49 AM   #3
Brakelate

They were right.

It was the typical zoo. They ran VERY late however. I left around 11pm and the line for Tech inspection was still about two blocks long!!!

But, the lanes seemed to be flowing much quicker than in years past, allowing one pass about every hour, hour and a half.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:53 AM   #4
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
I haven't ran out there since High School drags.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:34 PM   #5
SA CHEVY
"HILLARY"

Drives: "HILLARY" :D
I'll make it out there sometime this summer...I'll probably wait til about the 3rd one so it tones down a little bit...it's the waiting between runs that kills me, I don't like being stuck out there all night...
Old 05-19-2011, 12:05 PM   #6
Brakelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA CHEVY View Post
...it's the waiting between runs that kills me, I don't like being stuck out there all night...
You are absolutely correct! In the past, I would only do "private" days, but have been talked into going on the First and Last T&T Days out there for the past couple of years. I just have to change my mindset from going in there with my Game Face on, looking for a personal best E.T. to just going to hang out and socialize and maybe get a few good passes in. It helps. Otherwise I just get irritated.

I took the new '08 Hayabusa there two years ago, and they are even worse to the bikers. They only seem to run the bike lane once per every two of the others. So it REALLY sucks. Even though I was able to almost get kicked out without a competition license on a stock bike, still wearing paper plates for going too fast, the late night ride home over the 58 freezing and dodging deer just wasn't worth it.

On an unrelated note, if you car lovers want to hear some nice "music", take a listen to this 2011 Mustang GT as we run The Streets of Willow Springs that following Sunday. It sounds awesome. You also get to see me about lose it just seconds into the first lap of the session. It was cold and raining (though you don't see it on the rear facing camera). I got full-lock sidways coming over the rise at 70+ mph. Made things interesting for me and my ride-along, who for some reason wanted out after about five minutes!

Enjoy!