Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-20-2014, 02:55 AM   #1
ben3350

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT ABM
Header suggestions?

Hey everyone,

I have a 2010 2LT

So when I first got my car, I had an Airraid cold air intake installed. Then, a few months ago, I had the Ark N-II catback exhaust installed.

Now, I am looking at headers. I'm still pretty uninformed about performance mods, but I am learning!

I am trying to figure out the best options that will work the best with the mods I already have. I also wanted to know how much difference in performance are headers going to make and will there be much of a change in sound? If so, how so? I really like how the car sounds as it is right now with my exhaust, so I'd like to have an idea of any sound changes I might get. Will I need a tune? What will that entail? I'm already out of warranty so that isn't an issue btw. And lastly, of course, what headers should I get?

I've heard headers paired with the Ark exhaust work and sound pretty good. I'm still trying to understand what exactly the headers do, where they go, and how they work. Like I said, I'm still learning about bolt ons and performance upgrades. I've had hondas and not given cars much thought until I got this car, and now I have a love for cars I haven't had before but still a noob.

Any suggestions, advice, anything about what headers to get and what specifically they will do for me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 02-20-2014, 04:32 AM   #2
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Here are a couple good threads to read, and then come back and ask some more questions if necessary.

Hope this helps you out.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16893

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...&highlight=obx