Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 01-26-2014, 01:39 PM   #1
5genJordan

Drives: 13 Black Camaro 1SS
Trans help!!

K

Last edited by 5genJordan; 03-13-2014 at 04:08 AM.
5genJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 01:56 PM   #2
yellowrs
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 SS 426 V8 M/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5genJordan View Post
Took a trip to AZ and as I was arriving my car had a slight gritty clutch pedal feel. Didn't think to much about it. Then my clutch would a weird scraping grinding sound when I pushed down the clutch pedal. I let the car sit over night. I went to leave and the clutch when completely down the ground and didn't come back up. NO CLUTCH AT ALL!! I looked under the car and ther was 4 square holes on the drain side of the trans. Is this normal. As they were leaking. I used a paper towel to wipe it off and I ran my finger thru it. It was black and smelt like burnt clutch. Car is a 13 m6 ss with 14k miles. Did my clutch go out. I start the car and get this loud screech now from my trans. What could it be
Sounds to me that you fried your clutch.
I would take it to the dealer immediately.
There are quite a few Chevy dealers in Phoenix.
Good luck.
yellowrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 02:31 PM   #3
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
are you hard on it? most people who kill their clutch aren't surprised because it takes some pretty abusive driving to do it that fast.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 05:24 PM   #4
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
your leaking fluid that is exceptionally bad like as in you hitting something on the pan..... Or the internals going bye bye. You better limp it somewhere...with a tow truck as our trans are sealed......... or find the fill and fill it to the point you can pump it up. Ever change your brake fluid? they share the same reservoir if you have not changed the fluid, it could be filthy. The clutch fluid darkens with dirt a lot more than the brake fluid I know I just changed my separate reservoir I installed from a holden that I got on gen5diy here look at this:

http://www.gen5diy.com/moar_powa/clu...-reservoir-kit
Old 01-26-2014, 05:53 PM   #5
11SynergyGr&Bl
JZ

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green Camaro
I wouldn't drive it anywhere and get it to the Chevy dealer Monday ASAP, since they are closed Sundays. These clutches aren't forgiving much on slippage unfortunately. Could be lots of things inside tho, but leaking fluid isn't a good sign tho.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:06 PM   #6
5genJordan

Drives: 13 Black Camaro 1SS
O

Last edited by 5genJordan; 03-13-2014 at 04:09 AM.
5genJordan is offline   Reply With Quote