Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-06-2011, 07:36 PM   #15
montreal2010yellow

Drives: 2 LT/RS YELLOW, AUTO., VIN NO. 602
I looked into all members evaluation and nothing really comes outstanding. I like the idea of not putting the filter in a sealed box, when the car is rolling air gets into the engine bay and I beleive that the air is cool enough. Here in Montreal we don't have 100 degree temperature like in Florida ou Vegas, so the ambient air is normally cool.

I'm not willing to pay $600.00 for a top of the line air intake, so I prefer this one over Air Aid who had problems with their first version. I like the looks of the kit and I will invest more money on Solo Performance Mach with J pipes....

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98939
montreal2010yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:26 PM   #16
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oplay View Post
+1

Has anyone done an IAT relocation with the long tube injen yet?

It was found that it is not required with the INJEN long tube.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:35 PM   #17
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Please take a few minutes to read the posts of anyone that actually has the Roto-fab CAI system installed on their car.

Also, you can go to the gallery at roto-fab.com for a detailed explanation of what makes our intake different than the others.

Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:52 PM   #18
John VS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT CGM, IOM Int.
Quote:
How does the short ram feel off the line?
Don't know. I just got it from UPS today. Opened the box to check for parts but won't have time to install it until Saturday. I'll give my impression once it's in.

And Blackbee, I read that whole thread about your Airaid box mod. I thought you did a great job, but I'm no fabricator. Sure I can drill holes in plastic but if I'm paying $300 for a part, it should be ready to go as is. That's how I feel about it anyway.
John VS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:43 PM   #19
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by John VS View Post
Don't know. I just got it from UPS today. Opened the box to check for parts but won't have time to install it until Saturday. I'll give my impression once it's in.

And Blackbee, I read that whole thread about your Airaid box mod. I thought you did a great job, but I'm no fabricator. Sure I can drill holes in plastic but if I'm paying $300 for a part, it should be ready to go as is. That's how I feel about it anyway.
John, I hear you. I did it only beacuse I had the Airaid and figured I might as well tinker with it.If I didn't have it I would have gotten injen or the new Rotofab. I do Fab sales at work and made models when younger and My dad was an engineer so it's in the blood to see if I can make things work better and tinker around. I wouldn't have done it but for JRE's findings on the test and saying it needed more air to cool down the intake temps as it appears to be starving of air. A few of us have done it and we all get the same results so JRE must have been right!
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:17 PM   #20
John VS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT CGM, IOM Int.
blackbee,

If Airaid had revised their airbox to look like your mods I'd have bought one.

I should have some grease monkey in the blood too. My grandfather owned a car dealership in Richmond, VA. My mother remembers him tearing down a new car one summer so he could teach my uncle (his son) how to put it back together. So, unfortunately, I got the love of cars but not the lessons. My dad was a bookseller.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:12 AM   #21
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
I defy anyone to notice a difference between any of the intakes in off-the-line feel. They are simply too similar across the board. I personally think the Injen long tube is the best for performance because it's the only one that's grabbing cold air, but it's not the best by a whole heck of a lot. The G5CR seems to be the worst, but other than that I don't think you could tell the difference between any of them. You might get a few more or less HP on one or the other on the dyno, but as far as what you're gonna feel or really notice, they're all the same.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:17 AM   #22
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
I defy anyone to notice a difference between any of the intakes in off-the-line feel. They are simply too similar across the board. I personally think the Injen long tube is the best for performance because it's the only one that's grabbing cold air, but it's not the best by a whole heck of a lot. The G5CR seems to be the worst, but other than that I don't think you could tell the difference between any of them. You might get a few more or less HP on one or the other on the dyno, but as far as what you're gonna feel or really notice, they're all the same.
Ingen's the best at hp as it seems to pull the coolest air. The rest do pull "cool" air it seems, also especially when moving, just not as good as Ingen which is pretty obvious due to design. But my butt dyno want notice 3-4 hp.
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote