Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-17-2014, 01:30 AM   #85
ctbassman

Drives: 2012 AGM ZL1
Talking

Who cares??? I guess some do, but I could really not give a crap what you drive whether your parents bought it or not, still give you the Camaro thumbs up if I see you on the road!!!

My parents never bought me a camaro when I was young, but I wrecked enough of the others that maybe they should have cuz I for sure would have taken better care of it!!!

Last edited by ctbassman; 09-17-2014 at 08:33 PM.
ctbassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 02:18 AM   #86
quickdrraw

Drives: 2015 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaxce View Post
I'm 18 and am paying for my 2SS/RS, I'm going to college in my hometown so I still live with my parents so my 15 hours a week is plenty to cover the $450 payment, also some of them may have financed for longer terms making their payment even lower than my 54 month loan. Heck maybe their parents worked so hard growing up that now they can afford to pay for their kids car and you're going to hate on the kids because their parents were successful? Maybe one day you'll be successful enough to pay for your kids to have something nice, then they'll be a bunch of assholes hating on your kids and you'll understand.
Easy now I didn't mean it harshly. Wish there was a sarcasm button, clearly I don't know shit about these kids lives and or who they are. Don't get all butt hurt now just because someone makes a sly comment, it only entertains me more!

Hell I was bought my first car, wasn't a Camaro though sadly.
quickdrraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 02:26 AM   #87
Chaxce
Under construction...

Drives: Black 2012 2SS
Senior pictures... With my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdrraw View Post
Easy now I didn't mean it harshly. Wish there was a sarcasm button, clearly I don't know shit about these kids lives and or who they are.

Hell I was bought my first car, wasn't a Camaro though sadly.

Sorry I was just a bit touchy on this subject because it seems to have become a trend disapprove of parents buying things for their kids, not just about cars either. Sorry again and for the record when I started typing I didn't mean for it to be so harsh I swear! :P (also it was more directed at that other guy EFI I think was his name)
Old 09-17-2014, 02:34 AM   #88
TXLS3

Drives: 11' 2ss/rs ls3
Here is mine from 10 years ago.. Lmao time flys boys.. I remember this car like yesterday I have dreams about it still. I'm not even joking i dream about it being in my parents garage and I take it for a spin. And I don't want any of the spoiled kid crap I bought this car for 7,500$ as is with a 302 4spd in 2002 or 2003. Also sold it for a nice profit years later. I hate to say this but I sold this American beauty and bought a 350z /: and that landed me in a SS.. Still wish I had that mustang I begged my dad to store it. He regrets that now too...
Attached Images

TXLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 02:50 AM   #89
invaderzim

Drives: 45th SS, '12 ducati 1199 on order
Quote:
I'm 18 and am paying for my 2SS/RS, I'm going to college in my hometown so I still live with my parents so my 15 hours a week is plenty to cover the $450 payment, also some of them may have financed for longer terms making their payment even lower than my 54 month loan. Heck maybe their parents worked so hard growing up that now they can afford to pay for their kids car and you're going to hate on the kids because their parents were successful? Maybe one day you'll be successful enough to pay for your kids to have something nice, then they'll be a bunch of assholes hating on your kids and you'll understand.
You bought a 2012 2SS for under $25k?
invaderzim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 03:13 AM   #90
Chaxce
Under construction...

Quote:
Originally Posted by invaderzim View Post
You bought a 2012 2SS for under $25k?

Yeah, cracked windshield and bald tires and there was marks from backing into something but quick fixes and got the back bumper buffed but got the car I wanted, $24k selling price came out to like $25,600 with taxes and put $4,600 down so my loan is $21,000. Btw I especially enjoy the sunroof and HUD
Old 09-17-2014, 03:45 AM   #91
CamaroBody

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS
FYI: your pants have holes in them... might be a bit breezy
CamaroBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 03:46 AM   #92
Chaxce
Under construction...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroBody View Post
FYI: your pants have holes in them... might be a bit breezy

It has already been pointed out that we spent all of our money on our cars and therefore cannot afford new jeans
Old 09-17-2014, 04:17 AM   #93
CamaroBody

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
It has already been pointed out that we spent all of our money on our cars and therefore cannot afford new jeans

the torn pants looks absolutely ridiculous and the funny part is they think they're cool...hilarious

these kids are still going through puberty and are showing off the cars their parent signed for them on the internet...hilarious thread
CamaroBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 08:14 AM   #94
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
Quote:

And the guy the pointed that out (me) was just joking with you all. I had no idea this thread would turn ugly and hateful. I'm also aware that jeans with holes in them are fashionable.

Sorry guys.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:36 AM   #95
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Even though I did not have new cars as a high school kid, I did have help from my parents and / or grand parents for vehicles as I went through high school and college. My family was not rich, and I appreciated everything they did for me. Get this, they helped me through college, and the only thing I could give them back was to get my engineering degree and help pay back those student loans when I graduated and got a job. That is all I asked of my daughter, and she came through. Don't misinterpret a young person with a nice car / clothes / housing at school as a person that is not working hard and does not appreciate what he / she has. Now, at the same time, the reason many people feel that way is the arrogance and cockyness of many young people who have nice things provided (either wholly or through assistance) by their parents. It is why I suggested OP loose the "Chick Magnet" license plate. Living in a very wealthy area now as an adult, I would say there are more examples of young people that do not appreciate what they have than those that do, but out of respect for the hard workers, I try not to judge the book by the cover.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 08:52 AM   #96
jeffrsho

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Auto Convertible
Who cares if their parents bought the cars for them. It just shows the type of person you are, which is clearly a hater. Those of you saying nice cars, glad mommy and daddy bought them for you, are clearly jealous and being envious of these young guys/girls.

I'm sure your just mad that mommy and daddy didn't buy you a new camaro when you were a kid. You young people, enjoy the cars and your young lives whole you can. One you have your own family things will change and mommy and daddy will be buying things for your kids!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
jeffrsho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 09:13 AM   #97
slakjak1215

Drives: 2014 1LS
Quote:
So you think my Camaro is payed for by people sitting on their asses? Sorry that not everyone has to dig ditches to pay for their Camaro. My family has been working hard for generations to build a company that now has over 500 employees and because of that one day I'll be able to buy my son a gen8 and then on camaro8.com your kids can hate on mine. So what do you want me to say? Sorry my parents were successful?

Maybe I should quit my well paying job fixing computers and go work 40 hours a week at McDonalds so that everyone thinks I work hard enough to drive an SS? Then I can report back to you and make sure I have your approval to drive my car!
Old 09-17-2014, 09:21 AM   #98
AustinWithrow

Drives: 2013 Cammed/LSA Conversion 1LE
Quote:
So you think my Camaro is payed for by people sitting on their asses? Sorry that not everyone has to dig ditches to pay for their Camaro. My family has been working hard for generations to build a company that now has over 500 employees and because of that one day I'll be able to buy my son a gen8 and then on camaro8.com your kids can hate on mine. So what do you want me to say? Sorry my parents were successful?

Maybe I should quit my well paying job fixing computers and go work 40 hours a week at McDonalds so that everyone thinks I work hard enough to drive an SS? Then I can report back to you and make sure I have your approval to drive my car!
This guy knows! But I just don't understand why there is so much negativity?

Yes, my family has worked hard for years to be able to buy me nice stuff. My papaw owned a body shop for almost 40 years fixing cars, while my mamaw has been a cosmetologist for over 35 years now, and working 2 side jobs just to help get me nice things. I also have a job on the side, being in high school and trying to find a job that you can work everyday is not going to happen. I play sports, and have a bunch of senior stuff to do as well, which makes me not be able to work as much... But atleast I do have a job and appreciate the things I do have I'm sorry that my family has worked hard enough to say that they aren't just sitting around drawing every check they can get just to pay for a car. Why hate on someone just because their parents have bought them stuff?