Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 01-27-2011, 12:12 PM   #29
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
It's cool like Fonzy. ayyy!
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:18 PM   #30
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech

Drives: 2014 Ford F150 FX2
Send a message via Yahoo to Russo
just need a front splitter! looking good
Russo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:18 PM   #31
Envy
Bully Proof

Drives: C5 COTW 1/31/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaSSt View Post
When I see a picture of the original RPO sticker listing both "GHS" and "WRS" in your car I will believe you.

Otherwise you modded the car to look like an RS. But its not an RS.
The car was upgraded to an RS by my dealership before I took delivery...so the original window sticker from the factory does not read RS.

Like it or not...the RS package is just that...a package. You're car either has it or it doesn't. How many people do you think ask "where was that RS package installed at?"

And sorry...but ultimately...I don't guess I really give a crap whether YOU believe me.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:22 PM   #32
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
The car was upgraded to an RS by my dealership before I took delivery...so the original window sticker from the factory does not read RS.

Like it or not...the RS package is just that...a package. You're car either has it or it doesn't. How many people do you think ask "where was that RS package installed at?"

And sorry...but ultimately...I don't guess I really give a crap whether YOU believe me.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:50 PM   #33
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: None
Quote:

I like your Camaro whatever it is but it does'nt look to good in the snow from your pics in the snow thread.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:53 PM   #34
blaSSt

Drives: 98 SS, 15 COPO, 09 ZR1
Quote:

What a dealer does does not change what the car is. It is not a RS because the factory did not build it. You admit it was not built as an RS, so it is not. Your own words:http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=895

This debate about misrepresenting cars has gone on for a long time. A former Dallas resident (Doug Hasty, Unique Performance) spent time in prison for it. Granted it's like comparing stealing a stick of bubble gum to bank robbery, but the principle still applies. Fraud is fraud.

Somebody, takes a 69 6 cyl. Camaro and makes a perfect copy of a COPO. As a COPO clone it's worth $50-$75K. An original COPO $150-$250K+. The car is not a COPO, try selling it as an original, get caught, you probably go to jail.

4th gen Camaro Z28's were easy to make into SS. Hood, Wheels, Spoiler, badges... They are still Z28's not SS's

It goes on and on.

You have a great car and a lot to be proud of. Lying about the car is does not change that. Be proud of what you have and what you have done.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:04 PM   #35
Envy
Bully Proof

Quote:
What a dealer does does not change what the car is. It is not a RS because the factory did not build it. You admit it was not built as an RS, so it is not. Your own words:http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=895

This debate about misrepresenting cars has gone on for a long time. A former Dallas resident (Doug Hasty, Unique Performance) spent time in prison for it. Granted it's like comparing stealing a stick of bubble gum to bank robbery, but the principle still applies. Fraud is fraud.

Somebody, takes a 69 6 cyl. Camaro and makes a perfect copy of a COPO. As a COPO clone it's worth $50-$75K. An original COPO $150-$250K+. The car is not a COPO, try selling it as an original, get caught, you probably go to jail.

4th gen Camaro Z28's were easy to make into SS. Hood, Wheels, Spoiler, badges... They are still Z28's not SS's

It goes on and on.

You have a great car and a lot to be proud of. Lying about the car is does not change that. Be proud of what you have and what you have done.
Blah, blah, blah...You sound pretty petty. I wasn't trying to sell you or anybody else my car...so let it go. Grow up and move along...because I'm trying real hard to be nice here.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:11 PM   #36
GreenMonster
Its all about the U

Drives: 2010 SGM
Envy I feel you if I had all the rs mods which I want you bet your a$$ its an RS. RS are just features you can put on ANY trim. not like v6s with v8 fronts with no v8 engine..but are you going to find all those people and tell them something probably not. thats all I will say on this thread..

GREAT PICS ENVY
Old 01-27-2011, 01:14 PM   #37
CamaroC-17
Formerly Camaroc5

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT/RS M6
Quote:

It goes on and on.

Holy crap guy! RS is just an appearance package! Nothing more. Its not like the guy put an SS front bumper on it and SS badges all over. Get over yourself. IF someone puts all the parts that the RS package has then...well it has the RS package in my book. Besides, he doesn't even have the RS badges on it! So if I changed my Dark RS tail light lenses and got different halos and different wheels I guess that means I dont have an RS then even though it says so on my sticker and badges
CamaroC-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:36 PM   #38
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Quote:
99% true statement here. GM and SLP did that very thing. I won't echo other's comments on the particulars of the other stuff you said that I don't necessarily agree with, but ALL 4th gen SS's are still Z28s. Says so right on the window sticker. But extending your logic, ANY modification other than factory stock doesn't make it a Camaro any more because the factory didn't do it.

Envy's put a lot of work and $$ in her car, and it shows. She knows it isn't everyone's cup of tea (who's really is?) but it works for her, and she's proud of it and enjoys it. More power to her.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:04 PM   #39
Envy
Bully Proof

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREENSTEVE View Post
Imformation on the front seats, please, totally cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamslam3 View Post
ya where u get the seats from?
I had to have leather in my 2010 SGM so I upgraded at the dealership in my original purchase. I added the Camaro embroidery which was done in CA. It was my salesman's idea to do the green leather inserts and stitching on the black leather and since it was only $200 extra, I said go for it. He promised that they would remove the inserts if I didn't like them because I was really worried that the green wouldn't match. They did a super job, the match is near perfect and I love them.

So the short answer to the question is that they were custom made by Classic Soft Trim for my dealership to our specifications. Total cost for the black/green leather seat upgrade, front and rear seats, was $1195 and the Camaro embroidery was an additional $425 for all four seats. Anyone is welcome to pm me for more specifics.

I'll answer any other questions later tonight after class. Thanks everybody for your comments!
Old 01-27-2011, 05:10 PM   #40
scottc
Central PA Camaro5 Club

Drives: Hot Wheels
Hey brother, your car is hot! Very nice job. You gonna get the front spoiler? I think it would really set it off perfect. I love my gfx and the front spoiler is a must have. Anyway, congrats on the car.......by far the hottest Camaro color !
scottc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:28 PM   #41
Envy
Bully Proof

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroc5 View Post
Holy crap guy! RS is just an appearance package! Nothing more. Its not like the guy put an SS front bumper on it and SS badges all over. Get over yourself. IF someone puts all the parts that the RS package has then...well it has the RS package in my book. Besides, he doesn't even have the RS badges on it! So if I changed my Dark RS tail light lenses and got different halos and different wheels I guess that means I dont have an RS then even though it says so on my sticker and badges
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottc View Post
Hey brother, your car is hot! Very nice job. You gonna get the front spoiler? I think it would really set it off perfect. I love my gfx and the front spoiler is a must have. Anyway, congrats on the car.......by far the hottest Camaro color !
Hey...hey...what's with the guy stuff?

Old 01-27-2011, 05:44 PM   #42
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottc View Post
"OOPS"