Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 02-13-2015, 12:38 PM   #1359
bigrobkc

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Has anyone figured out a real solution to the unit not powering on sometimes besides removing the key and trying over and over?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bigrobkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 12:47 PM   #1360
Scooter18155

Drives: 2010 ss/rs 6 speed manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrobkc View Post
Has anyone figured out a real solution to the unit not powering on sometimes besides removing the key and trying over and over?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I seen someone say they upgraded to a different version maybe Russian? I read it in here somewheres
2010 camaro ss/rs, standard 6 speed, ls3 motor, bmr subframe connectors, jba 3” competition Exhaust, stainless works 1 7/8" headers, adm cold air intake, hurst short throw shifter, bo white ported tb, mishimoto aluminum radiator, mishimoto oil cooler.
Scooter18155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 12:49 PM   #1361
Scooter18155

Someone should make a troubleshooting chart or a FAQ section to give people something to reference so that it's easy to find answers reading 50 pts sucks lol
2010 camaro ss/rs, standard 6 speed, ls3 motor, bmr subframe connectors, jba 3” competition Exhaust, stainless works 1 7/8" headers, adm cold air intake, hurst short throw shifter, bo white ported tb, mishimoto aluminum radiator, mishimoto oil cooler.
Old 02-13-2015, 03:00 PM   #1362
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 08:14 PM   #1363
horizon670

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT / RS / Auto
TPMS ( Tire pressure monitoring system ) issue after my first trip with my new head unit !
I read on other posts that it may be due to RF interference from aftermarket head units.

Anyone here experienced or has a similar problem ?
horizon670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 04:13 PM   #1364
19car69

Drives: 2012 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon670 View Post
TPMS ( Tire pressure monitoring system ) issue after my first trip with my new head unit !
I read on other posts that it may be due to RF interference from aftermarket head units.

I haven't had any problems with systems in my car because of the aftermarket head unit.
2012 1LS, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Apex scoop, Apex water bottle relocation, VMax Ported TB, Vitesse Throttle Controller, BMR Sway bars, BMR 1.2" drop springs, Koni rear shocks, Elite catch can, Solo Performance V6 Mach X-LFX Cat-Back Exhaust, Hex Vents, 1LE strut tower brace, Barton short throw, separate clutch reservoir, American Racing TORQ THRUST M 18X9, HiTS radio with reverse camera, GM Blade Dovetail spoiler, 2010 leather wrap steering wheel, vented engine cover, added Homelink to overhead console.
19car69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 09:30 PM   #1365
Yippee38

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS, '02 SOM Firehawk
Quote:

Try disconnecting your battery for a few minutes and reconnecting it.
Old 02-17-2015, 02:30 AM   #1366
Nilton

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Today, after I did the RCA connection. I noticed a constant scratching noise that i didn't have before when it was connected through the Harness.

No matter what the volume is, even at Volume 0, you still hear scratching noise from all speakers.
The only time it will go away is when I turn the head unit off.

Anyone experienced this ?
Just have one installed and had the same problem. Did you figure it out?
The noise is a pain.
I also have problems with WiFi connection. Seems to work with the browser, but not with other apps.

Some help please...
Nilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 07:32 AM   #1367
horizon670

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilton View Post
The noise is a pain.
I also have problems with WiFi connection. Seems to work with the browser, but not with other apps.

Some help please...
I went to see another installer and suggested I change the OEM Boston Amp to another one.

If the other apps not working are Google Play Store or anything related to your Google account, you will need to do the following:

Go to Settings / Apps / All Apps

Find Google Services Framework, tap on it. Tap on Stop. Tap Clear Data.

Do the Same thing on Google Play.

Then press the Reset.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:43 AM   #1368
horizon670

Quote:
The noise is a pain.

Some help please...
I went to see another installer and suggested I change the OEM Boston Amp to another one.

If the other apps not working are Google Play Store or anything related to your Google account, you will need to do the following:

Go to Settings / Apps / All Apps

Find Google Services Framework, tap on it. Tap on Stop. Tap Clear Data.

Do the Same thing on Google Play.

Then press the Reset.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:08 AM   #1369
Scooter18155

Quote:
The noise is a pain.

Some help please...
Haven't installed one of these yet but it sounds like the RCA connection issue might be bad connection with the plugs or maybe poor quality plug. I don't think I'd go the cheapest brand on these. If there's more then one plug to be installed have you tried swapping the plug connections? Maybe got the + and - wires swapped? Double check the connections. I'd deffinately be doing this stuff before spending $ on a new amp. Also do you guys have ba system? The RCA plugs only for ba system.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:23 PM   #1370
Nilton

Drives: 2SS
Internet connection solved. I change the country and language, all worked fine.

About the distortion, the plugs are good quality for sure and it was double checked about the polarity. I will try a rca filter after the brazilian carnaval.

Do anyone have the ISO connector wiring diagram?
Someone have tried to install on a 2013+ car with OEM Mylink system?
Nilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 07:36 PM   #1371
Scooter18155

Quote:
Internet connection solved. I change the country and language, all worked fine.

About the distortion, the plugs are good quality for sure and it was double checked about the polarity. I will try a rca filter after the brazilian carnaval.

Do anyone have the ISO connector wiring diagram?
Someone have tried to install on a 2013+ car with OEM Mylink system?
I've done enough electronics problem solving in the past that I've learned its better to double triple check things when problems occur before throwing even more money at something. Had friend buy a lot of different stuff thier friends told them they needed to fix an issue when in reality they got a wire wrong or bad connection etc. I've also seen where the extra stuff complicates things even more and brings more issues. Not saying this is deffinately the reason behind this issue just trying to encourage the ones who have this issue to do a little checking before they spend $ on it and save that $ for better mods

Can I ask has anyone with the issue tried reinstalling original radio to see if they still having the noise? If tried original radio and noise went away I would think the root cause would be the android system or wiring pertaining to it. If noise persisted then perhapse instalation of android system caused something like speakers or ba amp to go bad.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:56 PM   #1372
horizon670

Yes, I tried reconnecting the original radio and the noise went away.

The installer explains it's because we are using the Low signal output with the RCAs, that's why it's picking up noise with the new Android unit.

Will double check the connections again.
I'm almost 100% sure it's the Android unit because that noise starts as soon as we plug any of the 4 speakers, doesn't matter if front or rear...