Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-13-2015, 12:25 PM   #1
Ithrix

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS 45th Anniversary
Just installed the vittese throttle controller... holy hell!

I have a CAI intake, a VMAX ported throttle body and exhaust and none of them even come close to the feeling of awesome this thing adds when jumping off the line!

I took a lunch break and installed it. Took me 10 minutes from the time I shut the car off to the time I turned it back on. I've never been happier with a purchase. I was a skeptic, but now I can't wait to see what this is going to feel like when I put in the 3.55 Richmond gears!

Go buy this item!

Last edited by Ithrix; 01-13-2015 at 01:34 PM.
Ithrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 12:37 PM   #2
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Got mine last week but I've yet to install it...

Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 12:42 PM   #3
camaro1350

Drives: 2013 Camaro RS 1LT, 6M
what are you waiting for?
Old 01-13-2015, 12:43 PM   #4
NJScorpio

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LT Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
Got mine last week but I've yet to install it...

NJScorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 01:14 PM   #5
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro1350 View Post
what are you waiting for?
Free time, lol...
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 01:16 PM   #6
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Just watched a video on this. Am I understanding correctly that this device simply increases the rate of response at the throttle body to pedal input? Are there any changes in timing or anything like that?
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 01:19 PM   #7
camaro1350

Drives: 2013 Camaro RS 1LT, 6M
No, just throttle response. Changes nothing else.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:21 PM   #8
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
Just watched a video on this. Am I understanding correctly that this device simply increases the rate of response at the throttle body to pedal input? Are there any changes in timing or anything like that?
That's all it does (throttle mapping), it does not change anything to do with the tune. I have one on order myself.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:27 PM   #9
NJScorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
That's all it does (throttle mapping), it does not change anything to do with the tune. I have one on order myself.
I'm not even sure it changes the mapping per se, but allows you control the "start" point of the existing throttle map...such as skipping over the purposefully-slow-to-react first 10% (depending on your SP setting) or so. I may be wrong though.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:31 PM   #10
CamaroIOM12
Jim

Drives: 2013 2SS Camaro Convertible
All I have is a CAI intake, will the response time still be noticeable?
Old 01-13-2015, 01:39 PM   #11
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJScorpio View Post
I'm not even sure it changes the mapping per se, but allows you control the "start" point of the existing throttle map...such as skipping over the purposefully-slow-to-react first 10% (depending on your SP setting) or so. I may be wrong though.
Maybe my terminology isn't correct, I was thinking it opens the throttle farther for the initial pedal travel along with operating the throttle faster depending on your setting.
Old 01-13-2015, 02:03 PM   #12
NJScorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Maybe my terminology isn't correct, I was thinking it opens the throttle farther for the initial pedal travel along with operating the throttle faster depending on your setting.
That's what I thought too, but the mapping that controls that, I would think that (in terms of the electrical/computer system) would be after the pedal harness (otherwise the computer would be in the pedal). And by not being a tune, it doesn't alter the mapping table.

I couldn't figure what kind of "signal" a 5% depression on the gas pedal would send to the throttle mapping that could be altered. The mapping will still respond with X amount of throttle based on Y signal. All you can do really is change the Y signal.

This may not be the greatest product for some other cars, but it does seem to skip over that terrible weak spot at the start of throttle application. It's like the throttle mapping gradually approaches a 1:1 ratio, so the different SP settings start further up the mapping, and thus closer to a 1:1 ratio.

I'd like one of the Vittese guys to clear all this up if they can.
Old 01-13-2015, 02:14 PM   #13
Splitter
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 RRM 1LT/RS A6
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...hlight=Vitesse

Quote:
By Apex:
Explanation of Throttle Response

Throttle response is how fast it takes from the time you mash the accelerator pedal to the time the engine RPM rises and how fast it rises. Throttle response is all about the time delay in the control system which alters the air pressure in the inlet manifold. It's only the time delay between moving the driver's right foot and changing the amount of air available at the inlets.

A more responsive 400hp engine will outrun (other than top speed) a less responsive yet more powerful 450hp engine on the track assuming driver skills and vehicle suspension tire adhesion etcetera being equal in the same car every time.

When you open the throttle it responds by sucking in more air and adding more fuel. The power increase is caused because your RPM's rise. The faster your RPM's rise the faster your car can reach max power.

Cold air intakes / ported throttle bodies / ported inatkes .... will all give some addittional maximum power but a Throttle Controller's biggest benefit is allowing the engine RPM to rise faster which translates to reaching maximum power sooner which means the car will be accelerating faster.

How the Throttle Controller will affect your driving:

Daily Driving or at the Race Track

Our Camaros are equipped with a drive-by-wire system and the throttle response is affected badly by this and as most of us feel a noticeable delay when quickly changing the position of the gas pedal. ( You will understand and feel this delay after you install your new Controller ). The Throttle response delay / Lag is an intentional design on the "Drive by Wire system and the reasons are:
Decreasing emissions
Not allowing the engine components to do anything harsh
Safety and drivability
Comfort
Fuel economy
Driving Pleasure:

Throttle response plays a major role in driving pleasure, as this gives the driver more control over the vehicle's acceleration or deceleration. If you have a very precise throttle response, it will not only make your driving maneuvers a lot more predictable but makes you feel more comfortable pushing the car's limits on corners.

On a race track, while entering a corner, the requested power output is reduced since the vehicle is coasting or braking. After passing the corner, the driver will suddenly request more power to accelerate back to normal speeds. Fast throttle response allows a vehicle to regain its speed quickly after cornering. Drifting requires very precise and instant throttle response on a rear-wheel drive car, one wants to increase torque on the rear wheels at a precise moment in a corner to make it turn the car more in the direction of the road ahead past the corner, and make it stop at a precise moment or the car will spin out of control. No matter what the maximum engine power is, if the throttle response is slow, you will not be able to have control or do this maneuver.
Splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 02:19 PM   #14
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroIOM12 View Post
All I have is a CAI intake, will the response time still be noticeable?
Absolutely! "Holy hell" indeed. This is an awesome mod!
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote