Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-28-2009, 11:28 PM   #1
khislop007
ZEUSS

Drives: Hard!
Procharger supercharger now available for new Camaro

As featured on Homepage.

2010 Camaro: ProCharger Systems and Tuner Kits Now Available
Posted on June 26th, 2009 by ProCharger

Building on our industry-leading experience with supercharging GM LS engines, ProCharger is once again first-to-market with an air-to-air intercooled supercharger system and tuner kit for the highly anticipated 2010 Camaro SS. Complete systems and tuner kits are available for order now and will begin shipping by July 10th. -- http://www.procharger.com/supercharger/blog/?p=130

Utilizing the patented and proven, self-contained ProCharger P-1SC-1 supercharger, a highly effective air-to-air intercooler and dedicated 8-rib drive, a ProCharger system or tuner kit can add 45% or more horsepower to an otherwise stock Camaro SS running high quality pump gas.

The HO Intercooled System comes 100% complete, including the industry-standard ProCharger supercharger, air-to-air intercooler, intercooler tubing, brackets, fuel injectors, ProFlow bypass valve, tuning and simple installation. Thanks to the industry’s coolest charge air temperatures, the unmatched power gains are delivered with maximum reliability and everyday driveability.

Tuner Kits are identical to complete systems but omit fuel injectors and computer programming.

Yes, we know these long awaited cars are going to be raced, so ProCharger Race Kits will be coming very soon. Look for the legendary ProCharger F-Series superchargers, dedicated 12-rib and cog drive sytems and larger intercooler options for 2010 Camaros with modified LS engines.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:54 PM   #2
mike@newera

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
Welp, being a Mustang owner it depends on how much power he tried to put down. It is well known in the Mustang community that anything over 450~460 to the wheels, on a stock block, you are now on borrowed time.

I have seen those procharger kits put out 500+ RWHP on a GT. So yeah, if your going for those big dyno numbers, on the stock block, well things can, and will in your nephews case, go boom.

It is unclear atm how much a stock LS3 can take. I asked this very question in the 600+RWHP supercharger thread, but did not really get a clear answer....
Lol, sorry, this is not a mustang. 500 rwhp is nothing on these engines, many survive at 700 rwhp for quite some time, that is where you have to start saving for a forged internal short block.
mike@newera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:16 AM   #3
gotpball44
Boost Is Your Friend

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to gotpball44
Quote:
Originally Posted by khislop007 View Post
http://www.procharger.com/supercharger/blog/?p=130

Building on our industry-leading experience with supercharging GM LS engines, ProCharger is once again first-to-market with an air-to-air intercooled supercharger system and tuner kit for the highly anticipated 2010 Camaro SS. Complete systems and tuner kits are available for order now and will begin shipping by July 10th.

Utilizing the patented and proven, self-contained ProCharger P-1SC-1 supercharger, a highly effective air-to-air intercooler and dedicated 8-rib drive, a ProCharger system or tuner kit can add 45% or more horsepower to an otherwise stock Camaro SS running high quality pump gas.

The HO Intercooled System comes 100% complete, including the industry-standard ProCharger supercharger, air-to-air intercooler, intercooler tubing, brackets, fuel injectors, ProFlow bypass valve, tuning and simple installation. Thanks to the industry’s coolest charge air temperatures, the unmatched power gains are delivered with maximum reliability and everyday driveability.

Tuner Kits are identical to complete systems but omit fuel injectors and computer programming.

Yes, we know these long awaited cars are going to be raced, so ProCharger Race Kits will be coming very soon. Look for the legendary ProCharger F-Series superchargers, dedicated 12-rib and cog drive sytems and larger intercooler options for 2010 Camaros with modified LS engines.

Looks great! But i hate the air intake location
gotpball44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 03:12 AM   #4
SubSolar

Drives: 2009 Corvette, 1987 Buick GN
Will the stock automatic trannie and rear end be able to take this extra power?
SubSolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:01 AM   #5
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@newera View Post
Lol, sorry, this is not a mustang. 500 rwhp is nothing on these engines, many survive at 700 rwhp for quite some time, that is where you have to start saving for a forged internal short block.
Wow...Ok I am pretty sure I did not compare a 4.6 to a 6.2 engine...
Thus the reason why I said I am unsure HOW MUCH a stock Ls3 can take. The poster was referring to his nephew's MUSTANG.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jekel View Post
What will this sytem do to your engine? My nephews 2005 Mustang GT's motor blew, cracked or broke three pistions with this system, not dogging just asking
For a stock 4.6(289) 500RWHP is the limit of safety on that stock block. The ATI system on a MUSTANG can put out well over the threshold for that car. Thus that can be the reason why his nephew car went boom...

If the camaro LS3 can take 600+ RWHP or more on stock internals, than thats a wonderful thing. I guess we will start to find out just exactly what the breaking points will be soon enough.
Ninjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:05 AM   #6
Ninjak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotpball44 View Post
Looks great! But i hate the air intake location
Hmm the setup looks the same as on a Stang. I did not like the CIA placement on stangs either..It would seem that the system gathers hot air back there...but many people run it, so I guess its working great.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:14 AM   #7
1BadaSS

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS 6spd
hmm, wonder what pricing will be
1BadaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:56 AM   #8
Ninjak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadaSS View Post
hmm, wonder what pricing will be
interested in that as well.......
Old 06-29-2009, 12:17 PM   #9
SMGSS

Drives: 00 SS, 67 SS
does this kit relocate the Windshield washer fluid? its hard to tell from the picture. if so, where to.
SMGSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:25 PM   #10
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by khislop007 View Post

Building on our industry-leading experience with supercharging GM LS engines, ProCharger is once again first-to-market with an air-to-air intercooled supercharger system and tuner kit for the highly anticipated 2010 Camaro SS. Complete systems and tuner kits are available for order now and will begin shipping by July 10th. --

What performance increase can be expected from the "tuner" kit? Will the car still run properly?

Is the performance increase across the board (start to finish), or is there a sacrifice on low end? Any type of "lag"?

Not familur with these set-ups, so just feeling out the options.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:15 PM   #11
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
No power numbers?...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Low Side // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 02:49 PM   #12
Italianwhiplash

Drives: 2006 Dodge Charger r/t
Said, 40 Percent increase on 7 psi. I'm going to ask the local dealer if this could be done and added into the price of the car. Ramp Chevy used to do this, but I don't think I'll trust their delivery dates on the car.
2009 Hemi Orange Dodge Challenger SRT-8 - 6 speed, Headers, exhaust, Super Charged,SMS Supercharger, 4.10 gears, stage 5 transmission, duel clutch, and the beast under the hood A 440 CI 7.2 LITER HEMI
On order victory Red 2ss RS Camaro, Parts already received ARH Headers, SLP loud Mouth I exhaust, waiting for Vortech SuperCharger.
Italianwhiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 03:02 PM   #13
ssrsheaven

Drives: 92 firebird,2010 camaro
Looks like something I would be wanting for my ride.
ssrsheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 03:31 PM   #14
neptonium2000

Drives: 1978 Trans Am
NEED PRICING, HP REAL NUMBERS, WOULD LIKE AIR FILTER RELOCATED MAYBE NEAR GRILL.
neptonium2000 is offline   Reply With Quote