Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 09-03-2015, 05:10 PM   #57
bobfic

Drives: 2019 ZL1
ChocoTaco369
Life is challenging, with that being said, you have your rules in life and how you manage them, as well your neighbor may have his or hers. If one wants to store their vehicle in winter, that's their choice. Being from Ohio I am not driving this car nor did I with other 5 cars I've had. Why...cause I don't have to. I like a FRESH and clean car, when winter is over, feels like new car again to me.
You stated about mods, that voids warranty, if that's not you....then have no worries.
Reference retirement, that's a challenge we all have...plan well or try to.
You quoted (then you rent storage locations and buy protective shrouds to protect the car you've spent money on to decrease its rate of devaluation)
I bet statistically , you will get more return out of car that's been stored in winter then not, again this is based on someone who knows how to keep a car detailed, I've seen people say they just detailed their car, and I'm like RIGHT..OK
Peace.
bobfic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 08:13 PM   #58
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tajefe View Post
LMAO I guess should just leave my money in my 401k. Oh wait that lost $4500k in the last month and for the second time in my life I set back and watch my money disappear. My parents are planning on working into their 70's due to the last market crash and loosing a lifetime of retirement. Perhaps you heard of it was called a rescission. So I don't think cars are why my parents can't afford to rerire yet. Maybe you should be my adviser since you know how futures are going. Hell for that matter you should call some brokers on wall street you seem more knowledgeable than them.
On second thought I'll hang on to my money and cars. If you have both you kind of want to take care of it all. Or maybe since I've worked so hard for it in life I want to take care of it. It seems you would be happier with $1.99 gas than a good market index.
So please don't mind me if I don't take your advice and enjoy some of my money the way I want.
BTW if you troll long enough you will see I want the cover for my one owner never modded GTO that sits in my 40x60' shop/garage. I guess this will never be worth anything either since they made like 1600 world wide in my Brazin Orange? Wait I decided no advice from people who are clueless but still have an opinion so that's a rhetorical question. I will continue to enjoy some of my hard work in the form of collecting, trading, and enjoying anything with an engine along with investing in markets that just crash. I work for it and it's mine to spend how I want thanks anyway!
I love recessions. Recessions are where all the money is made. A "recession" is a fancy word for stocks being sold at massive discounts. Earnings are still there during a recession - people are just idiots and pull their money out of the market when things are on massive clearance sales. Stocks are one of those things people love buying high and selling low. If you or your parents are pulling money out of their 401K because the market is tanking, you need to hire a financial adviser. When the market tanks is when you want to shovel money into your 401K like a dump truck backing up to a bank vault. You only "lose" $4,500 if you sell. This is exactly the problem.

I hope my 401K falls 80% so I can double my contribution and retire 10 years sooner. Fools withdrawal principle. Your principle should not matter, you should be set up to live off dividends, which do not fluctuate with market price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfic View Post
ChocoTaco369
Life is challenging, with that being said, you have your rules in life and how you manage them, as well your neighbor may have his or hers. If one wants to store their vehicle in winter, that's their choice. Being from Ohio I am not driving this car nor did I with other 5 cars I've had. Why...cause I don't have to. I like a FRESH and clean car, when winter is over, feels like new car again to me.
You stated about mods, that voids warranty, if that's not you....then have no worries.
Reference retirement, that's a challenge we all have...plan well or try to.
You quoted (then you rent storage locations and buy protective shrouds to protect the car you've spent money on to decrease its rate of devaluation)
I bet statistically , you will get more return out of car that's been stored in winter then not, again this is based on someone who knows how to keep a car detailed, I've seen people say they just detailed their car, and I'm like RIGHT..OK
Peace.
I will continue to pay less to drive my car and enjoy it than pay more to store it and not drive it
Old 09-03-2015, 09:06 PM   #59
Tajefe Couple

Drives: Never just fly under the radar

Old 09-03-2015, 09:19 PM   #60
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 11:11 PM   #61
My 5th

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black on Black
I can see one scenario where I would put my car in a capsule. If my wife finds out how much I've spent in mods she'll bury me in it!
Old 09-04-2015, 06:31 AM   #62
winterboy8

Drives: 2015 ZL1 Blue Velvet Metallic
Well, if you're gonna do it, you may as well do it right. Get the bag that can support both vacuum sealing as well as pressurization. Step 1, vacuum out the bag to ensure no air/moisture/particles are left. Maintain the vacuum long enough to ensure there is no air left. Step 2, inflate bag with nitrogen. This will ensure no moisture is in there and minimize the rusting process. Go big or go home.
Old 09-05-2015, 05:13 PM   #63
Tajefe Couple

Drives: Never just fly under the radar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
I love recessions. Recessions are where all the money is made. A "recession" is a fancy word for stocks being sold at massive discounts. Earnings are still there during a recession - people are just idiots and pull their money out of the market when things are on massive clearance sales. Stocks are one of those things people love buying high and selling low. If you or your parents are pulling money out of their 401K because the market is tanking, you need to hire a financial adviser. When the market tanks is when you want to shovel money into your 401K like a dump truck backing up to a bank vault. You only "lose" $4,500 if you sell. This is exactly the problem.

I hope my 401K falls 80% so I can double my contribution and retire 10 years sooner. Fools withdrawal principle. Your principle should not matter, you should be set up to live off dividends, which do not fluctuate with market price.

I will continue to pay less to drive my car and enjoy it than pay more to store it and not drive it
I think you owe me an apology for speaking about my family.
Before you say I mentioned them first that's right they are my family and I used them as a first hand example. You have around 8 billion other examples you could have picked from in this world without my parents. If you want to argue with me I'm right here in the forum not my family.
With that said believe it or not I somewhat agree with you people panic selling low is or can be a problem. That's why my money is still in the market. We where also some of those people that didn't panic during the recession. However when your invested in things that drop to zero aka closed business' nobody gives you that investment back. How about a Ponzi scheme if you don't like a business or maybe Bernie could handle it for you. Everybody might have been in the same water but not the same boat is what I'm trying to say.
Recessions are tough not fun or just a fancy word. Perhaps you should check Webster again. People loose families, health, jobs, money, houses, Camaro's among other things. These are good reasons for selling and needing cash. It's called survival for some.
BTW you are the only person I know whom wants to loose 80% of their own 401k????
Old 09-06-2015, 02:27 PM   #64
scandata

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS vert, Spring Green Edtn

So, about that air capsule...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/scandata/sigpic_zpsxmxmbipg.jpg
scandata is offline   Reply With Quote