Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-13-2013, 08:10 PM   #43
z28-conv

Drives: '97 z-28 conv. 2013 BRM ZL1 conv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1ster View Post
There i was...

In traffic behind a school bus. Kids get out and start pointing. The guy in a convertible BMW in front of me starts waiving at them... They look at him and pointed at the IOM ZL1 monster

DuuuuUUUUUuuUUUUUhhHHH!!!

Gave the kiddies a .

Bimmer makes a right turn into embarassville

Moral of the story...have good situational awareness.

Bad ar$h ZL1 might be behind yaaaaaaa

Cool story
z28-conv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:23 PM   #44
Cybeast

Drives: 2013 Victory Red ZL1 #1562
23 years ago we'd throw a car seat in the back of our 1972 Z28 as we were heading down the highway our young daughter casually said from her seat " go faster Dad " go faster. She now can't wait to go for a ride in the ride in ZL1.
Cybeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:25 PM   #45
SlugWound

Drives: Chevrolet's
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjstephens View Post
Wife and I took the ZL1 for a road trip and ended up stopping to eat at Olive Garden. Parked it as far as possible from the front door of the restaurant in a completely empty part of the parking lot. When we came out, we couldn't believe our eyes when we saw our section was totally full--EXCEPT for the spaces directly next to the left and right of the car. Now that's respect!
I call that coincidence
Old 02-14-2013, 05:43 PM   #46
5th_GEN_SS
Junkie

Drives: SIM 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASTY99Z28 View Post
Pics of hot chick or it didn't happen...
Hahah true.

Hope I'm not hijacking your threadd but i have a cool SS experience I thought I'd share since I'm here. When I got my camaro in 2009 it was one of the first in Cleveland. I was sitting at a light at this sick red Ferrari rolls up next to me.
A red 360 with blacked out windows so i try to sneak a picture as I'm doing so the driver window rolls down...the guy looks at me then scans the car up and down and says ''damn' I'd rather be driving that.'' The light changes and he zoomed off...
Just thought it was cool that someone with a super car was so impressed by the Camaro.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:04 PM   #47
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
Cool story. It nice that supercar owners respect the Camaro. Most people lusted after a '68 to '69 Camaro when they were younger. I know I did. Right after I got mine and they were really rare, I had a guy and his passenger slow down and turn their heads to look at mine.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:58 AM   #48
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by starhutch View Post
Driving it home from the dealership within 5 minutes of home and was chased down by a guy in a truck until I had to stop at a light. After a few photos from his cell camera he yelled "thats the baddest thing I have ever seen!".

Normally don't drive stuff for attention because I could care less about that, but as others have said you dont have to go very far to generate significant attention in a short period of time with this thing.

Ha! This is pretty funny. Glad you love your Camaro.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 02-15-2013, 08:04 AM   #49
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Yeah, I'm going to have to drive it someday. Being the dead of winter I brought it home from the dealer on Dec. 15th and haven't had it out since. Anyone else have a 2 month old car with 38 miles on it, LOL? Everyone likes the pictures though.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:57 AM   #50
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Driving home on the freeway and something in my peripheral vision told me to look left. I turn and here is this young woman approx 22 y/o driving with another female in the passenger seat checking out the car. The funny thing is she was craning her neck to get a good look,(tinted windows & black on black) I thought she was about to jump on top of the car. That's strange that never happens when my girlfriend is in the car with me?
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:53 AM   #51
toyosuprablue
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black M6
Only had the car home for a week or so. Was driving through town and a guy in a black SS went by the other way. I was watching him to see if he noticed me or not. He ended up only seeing me at the last second and almost snapped his neck doing a double take before I was out of his field of vision.
toyosuprablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:36 PM   #52
Whos_Drivin

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1, '16 Silverado Z71
On my way home from the dealership I was driving down the freeway when a couple of teenagers came flying up and pulled along side me. The driver was so busy staring at the car he drifted over into my lane. He followed me until I exited, apologized, and told me how much he liked the car.

One weekend I took the ZL1 to a Gophers football game. Drove down fraternity row with all the college kids tailgating. Every stop light I had people yelling at me to rev the engine. I love driving down that street!

My favorite was when I took my brother for his first ride. We were driving through a part of town that is known to have cops everywhere. Came around a corner (going the exact speed limit) and sure enough there was a cop handing someone a ticket. He was walking back to his car and was staring us down as we were approaching. I'm thinking...oh sh*t, less than a week and I'm already getting a ticket for no front plate. As I go by he's opening up his car door, and I'm slowing down waiting for him to signal me to pull over. He gives me a thumbs-up and stands there with his door open watching the car as we drove by...slowly...

2016 Silverado LTZ-Z71 Midnight Edition: 6.2L, 8 speed auto, Borla exhaust
Whos_Drivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:43 PM   #53
camaro2009
camaro2009

Drives: 2013 ZL-1 AGM 6M #0369
Send a message via Yahoo to camaro2009
Small town dealer

I stopped at a small town dealer in Fort Scott, Kansas to see if there was any new information on the upcoming 2014 Silverado(pamphlet, pricing, preorder) etc. I was in my 2013 AG M6 ZL-1 . ( this was in January of 2013) The salesmen and the dealer were not equipped to help me just yet, but they noticed my Z in the lot, and wanted to take a look at it. I was more than happy to give them the tour of my baby. They had never seen one in person before, nor had one on their lot. I was a super happy Chevrolet Camaro owner, all smiles as i left the lot, without any information on my truck. I must say, i never got quite as much attention in my 2010 SS when i had it. People just love the bold new looks and the WIDE tires.
1974 Camaro Type LT
1995 Camaro Plum V-6 Auto 80k original miles

Traded the '10 SS for the BAD ASS 2013 ZL-1 AGM ,M-6 Once again the thanks go out to my wonderful wife and a chance encounter while servicing my Duramax!! Destiny......nope...FATE
camaro2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:23 PM   #54
Dvjason

Drives: 2013 Inferno Orange ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclark10 View Post
Yeah, I'm going to have to drive it someday. Being the dead of winter I brought it home from the dealer on Dec. 15th and haven't had it out since. Anyone else have a 2 month old car with 38 miles on it, LOL? Everyone likes the pictures though.
Ya, actually I do, 4months old with 28km and none put on by me. That's torture.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:04 PM   #55
Terebit
TBit

Drives: 1973 Camaro Type LT & 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerZL1 View Post
Cool story. It nice that supercar owners respect the Camaro. Most people lusted after a '68 to '69 Camaro when they were younger. I know I did. Right after I got mine and they were really rare, I had a guy and his passenger slow down and turn their heads to look at mine.
Haha. They actually slowed down to look? On my first drive home from the dealer, I had a big black SUV speed up after I went by him and paced with me for a ways while looking the Z over. Then I came up on a Mustang GT in the left lane on the interstate. The plate said Roush. He pulled to the right and paced with me a couple miles before dropping back. The people who know what the car is love to take a long look. Probably the first one they've seen on the road in these parts.
Terebit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:28 PM   #56
shiner98

Drives: 13 AshGray M6 ZL1 w/Nav/ECF/Sunroof
Today, on the freeway while driving home from work I'm already doing 78mph and a big ass F250 races up behind me and pulls up along my driver side to check out my ZL1, shortly after a camaro RS also pulls up behind me to take a closer look, I had passed up the RS earlier.

THEN the F250 realizes he's about to miss his Exit and suddenly drops behind me, hard swerves over to the right, and nearly takes out the RS that had pulled up behind me. They were both so distracted the F250 nearly rolled over the RS like Big Foot smashing a voltswagon bug. They swerved out of each others way nearly taking each other out !

Was awesome !
shiner98 is offline   Reply With Quote