Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 03-23-2010, 04:32 PM   #1
youngkim

Drives: 2010 blk camaro
zaino vs adam's

both seems great, adam's seems less complicated than zainos.... don't know yet. what do you guys use? zaino or adams? or any other products i don't know about?
youngkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 04:42 PM   #2
jmelchio
SSmokinJoe

Drives: 2010 SIM 1SS/RS M6
I use Zaino. Never tried adams. I like the Zaino, it's pretty easy to use. I also like that if you email them with questions, you usually get a response from the owner, Sal Zaino. I really like their customer service.
SLP Loudmouth II Axleback
Hurst Shifter
R1Concepts Slotted Rotors
Hawk Ceramic Brakepads

I drive way too fast to worry about my cholesterol.
jmelchio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 04:42 PM   #3
Atti2de
Móderator

Drives: 2SS/RS
it's all a matter of choice really, people will swear by what they use. I use Adams and Griots stuff.

http://www.griotsgarage.com/
Old 03-23-2010, 04:44 PM   #4
trashauler

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS RS 2008 Trailblazer
I have not used Zaino, but I love my Adams products. Check out there forum they have daily specials and are having a 15% off sale on everything until the end of March. If you join the forum you will get a few discount codes as well.

I am sure both are great products, but Adams backs their product with a 110% guarantee. If you are not happy with the product return it and they will refund 110% of the money.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:58 PM   #5
Tecca

Drives: ...

Last edited by Tecca; 04-27-2010 at 10:18 PM.
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:21 PM   #6
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
I use both. Camaro gets the Adam's. Wife's Vibe and my truck get the Zaino. I love the Adam's Americana Paste wax on my SIM. I use the Z5 (Zaino) on the wifes Vibe or I would never put the PC down!
Old 03-23-2010, 08:04 PM   #7
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
It all come's down to personal preference.

I've been a lifelong user of Zaino, and I've never tried Adam's, but I'm sure their products are very good as well.

For my money, nothing beats Zaino for shine and durability. But again, thats just my opinion..
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:34 PM   #8
youngkim

Drives: 2010 blk camaro
had to go with the zainos... zaino was way cheaper. adam's kill you on shipping. 20 dollars?!?! wtf... i did order the adam's wash bucket n the grit guard.
youngkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:46 PM   #9
coolman

Adam's products rock. If it's good enough for the junkman it's good enough for me.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:26 PM   #10
Mac the Knife

Drives: 10 ss/rs 13 ram
never used Adams, but went with Zainos, yes a whole lot of prep, but the results were outstanding! put 5 coats on a black car and it looks like a black mirror. i started to really see every angle this car has after 3rd coat and it got better form there. very pleased with Zaino's
Mac the Knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:46 PM   #11
stirthepot

Drives: 2010
i have used Zaino and switched to Rejex. I felt it was close and a LOT less money and time then Zaino (see my thread on my Rejex use and pics). That said, I like trying new things and I just placed a large order for Adam's products.

I have been impressed with the comments and videos I have seen on the Adam's stuff and how user friendly they are. For me that was a key decision as I am trying to teach my 6 and 9 year old how to care for a car, yes I go a little nuts with the things they do at times, but seeing the enjoyment they get from helping me and seeing the results of their work is rewarding for me and them.

I hope the Adams product make it a little easier, like the fact that you dont have to worry about the car wash drying on the car (no I dont intend to let it dry on the car but sometimes when my kids are involved things don't always happen as fast and now I don't have to freak out if it does)

I think the big difference is what others have said in other threads, Zaino has a product that gives a great shine by hiding the imperfections but has to be applied with some "precision". Adam's has products that correct the paint finish and are more geared towards being less "precise" in terms of application.
stirthepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:54 PM   #12
Mac the Knife

Drives: 10 ss/rs 13 ram
Zaino has a paint correction too - Z-PC applied as 1st coat and to help as a bonding agent. Zaino does contain some fillers i think but not a big deal to me after seeing the results.
Mac the Knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:09 AM   #13
trashauler

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS RS 2008 Trailblazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngkim View Post
had to go with the zainos... zaino was way cheaper. adam's kill you on shipping. 20 dollars?!?! wtf... i did order the adam's wash bucket n the grit guard.
In regards to shipping Adams switched from UPS to Fed Ex to lower the cost and provide better service. I have put in some large orders and have never paid more than $15 for shipping. Plus with there specials a lot of times shipping is free. This month they have a spring sale %15 off all items.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:19 AM   #14
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Apples and Oranges guys really.

Zaino is a great product... can't say a bad thing about it, but you have to understand their product is an entirely different approach to car care than our line. Where their approach is more about filling and masking defects we are about removal and prevention. Nothing right or wrong about either way, just depends on what kind of approach suits you best. In the end do what works best for you and what gets you the results you want... I've just always seen better results when the defects are removed not hidden.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote