Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 09-12-2009, 02:46 PM   #99
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post

Looks pretty mean to me
yes it sure does! it's just weird hearing that sound out of benz lol
fdjizm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 02:47 PM   #100
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
It's an AMG, thats not your normal Benz
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 02:51 PM   #101
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 04:48 PM   #102
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSARME View Post
I'm telling you. I have a S-class back home and Mercedes totally and utterly suck.

Get a ZR1 if you have the money.
ZR1 is another huge price jump.. not going to quote price don't know who paying over sticker and who is paying under sticker.. don't want to get yelled at again
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 05:33 PM   #103
All-Or-Nothing
Account Suspended

Drives: BMW 6 series Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
You're right, it's a Camaro SS killer
All-Or-Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 10:51 PM   #104
C6Z06dude

Drives: 2009 C63 AMG,06 Evo,07 VW GLI,
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSARME View Post
I'm telling you. I have a S-class back home and Mercedes totally and utterly suck.

Get a ZR1 if you have the money.
Can you elaborate? you make no sense...
Previous car> 08 Z06 with cams, heads,headers and other minor stuff
C6Z06dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 12:01 AM   #105
Marvelous

Drives: ex 1st gen owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post

Looks pretty mean to me
I'm a fan of white

Old 09-13-2009, 12:09 AM   #106
Marvelous

Drives: ex 1st gen owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by C6Z06dude View Post
On August 28th I purchased my 2009 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Mars Red. I got a disccount of $12000 plus a tint window job. The 2009 C63AMG have a huge disccount, 2 weeks ago there were only a few hundred left in the country so you should still be able to grab one at a huge disccount.

Mercedes Benz is offering $7500 off the MSRP before you even negotiate with them, USAA(insurance bank company) offers a few thousands more discount under their new car buying program. I also saved like $1200 or more on registrations fees for being in the military.

Anyways, my well loaded C63 AMG was about $53000 and change. I gladly traded my 2008 POS C6 Z06 with its super duper POS transmission(Tremec TR6060) and I don't look back, even though the car only had 11000 miles and $6000 worth on mods.

Anyways, I also went to the dealer twice to check out the Camaros, this is before I even got the C63. They only had the V6 engine. I actually sat in the car and tried the rear seats and knocked with my bare knuckles the hollow dash. While I must say the Camaro is a decent deal for its price and performance it still lacks on many aspects and once you add options it will get very expensive.

If you have the money go for the C63 AMG, it cost more but you also get a whole lot more: AMG 6 piston brakes with 14.2" slotted/cross drilled rotors(even bigger than on the Z06), you get a AMG G-tronic plus 7 speed transmission with paddles shifters that is smooth silk, you get off course HID, moonroof,and many other cool things.

By the way, the AMG is about 3800lbs not like 4800lbs that someone suggested. Worst 0-60 mph I seen is 4.3 sec and best 3.9 sec. Worst 1/4 mile was 12.5@113.8 and best 12.3@116. A Kleemann ECU software gives you roughly 50whp and 45lb-tq to the wheels. The AMG engine is a hand built, blue printed and balanced engine and it sounds bad ass. The exhaust is tuned also. Remember this engine should be rated at 507hp but because Mercedes don't want to hurt the sales on the E series they had to detune de engine to 451hp/443lb-tq.

If you don't believe me please go to www.mbworld.org and look what the E 63 series vs the C63 series output power after a software tune. The E63 picks maybe 15hp while the C series picks 60hp plus.

Well, the least I can say is go to a dealer and check one out. I love the Camaro SS with the RS package, I almost got me one but instead I purchased a Evo IX from a member here that ended buying a Cmaaro SS RS(member name evotion).

My bitter experience with Chevrolet started with a ****ed up Tremec Transmission(TR-6060) on my 08 Z06. GM did me wrong. My Chevrolet failed for many things with such low mileage. I had to take it 3 times for sway bar end links(broken), driver window not rolling up,alternator going bad, clutch fluid defect from the throwut bearing, grinding gears. Chevrolet never gave me a loaner car, it was a total hassle to have someone droping me off the day before so that the dealer can "look" at my car the next day and someone dropping me off again at the dealer so that I could get my car picked up the following day. I never got offered a loaner.

On a different note, Mercedes gave me a 2010 C300 loaner a few days until my car was been shipped in a truck, they kept giving me a car when I had my tint windows done. Night and day. I fully understand the Mercedes maintenance will probably cost more but don't full yourself, the labor is very similar in GM and Mercedes, parts will be cheaper on the Chevrolet though.

Best of luck and PM me if you have any questions. Here are some pics on my ride(C63AMG) and my previous C6Z06:

http://200mph-z06.blogspot.com/
solid post, thanks so much for your input! Post more pictures of it please
Old 09-13-2009, 12:18 AM   #107
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Not to mention some of the coolest gauges ...

Old 09-13-2009, 02:06 PM   #108
KoTToN

Drives: 2005 SilveradoSS AWD
hmmm Im just Meh about the looks of that amg. The interior looks very nice though minus the steering wheel.
Like I said before, there is a dealership that is 4 miles away from my house that has 3 2SS's just sitting on their lot. And this is a very small dealership it's not a high volume dealership in a populated area., Come early summer, when 2011's are coming out, the camaro will be offered for 0%. I guarantee it
Sales Forcasting 101B:
Quote:
Originally Posted by returnofcc View Post
apparently you didn't understand my post correctly. If there are 4 (now 6) camaros sitting at a low volume dealership, just imagine how many are sitting at the high volume dealerships
KoTToN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 02:23 PM   #109
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoTToN View Post
hmmm Im just Meh about the looks of that amg. The interior looks very nice though minus the steering wheel.
the exterior is alright, im not in love with it. The hood/grill is very nice, but the side view is a bit meh.

The inside is very nice, when your actually in the car the steering wheel is one of the best parts. Its a very racy wheel, and you can get it with the suede inserts for added grip. The gauges are amazing, but what you don't see from this picture are how great the seats are. Very very comfortable while being extremely supportive for spirited driving.

For a good reference on speed.... This car, STOCK, runs as fast or faster than the 2010 GT500 with 80-90 more hp. It dusts the street with them once they have equal hp.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:16 PM   #110
mr_desmo
Banned

Drives: beated up old mini austin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssump29 View Post
No the AMG weights more like 4800 lbs and clocked the 60 at 4.3. And no story my story isn't bs. And who cares about a 60 time when you are already rolling in traffic. Did you not read my encounter it was on the highway moving through traffic. He couldn't follow and move like I could, I could care less about the 1320 you are quoting. and where did you get your numbers even mercedes doesn't quote those.

http://www.mercedes-amg.com/usa/inde...oom/models/c63

yeah check it out before typing false info.
STFU im member of mbworld.org as well as here and youre making a damn fool out of yourself
mr_desmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:04 AM   #111
Soldier2304

Drives: C63 AMG
Well I been reading this thread for a while now and just wanted to chime in to clarify some things. First of all, to whoever said they "beat" or outran a C63 in traffic or whatever, good for you. However, make sure you dont encounter one in a clear road w/out traffic cuz it will pull a hole bus on you (no joke). I have raced countless camaros and pulling about 4-5 cars on them and that was before my tune... I supose now with 525 HP I should be close to a a good 6-7 cars. Now, the camaro does look good on the exterior no doubt about that specially with that bumblebee color. About handling, I wont even go there lol. To the OP once you test drive the camaro it will be very very easy to see which car is far but way far superior in EVVERYTHING except umm.. gas mileage? Who gives a **** bout gas mileage... ( of course there is a big price difference).

Some pictures of my far from stock C63 for your pleasure...
Attached Images

Soldier2304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 09:47 AM   #112
mercedestech

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM,2013 Mercedes ML350
Awesome 63! I drive all of the AMG product on a daily basis (I'm a Mercedes Master Tech) and have even recently performed pre delivery inspections on two SLS 63's. (I'm the only tech at our dealer that has been to SLS training)

The Camaro in no way compares to any of these vehicles. With that being said, The AMG client was not Chevrolet's target and it is really unfair to compare anything about the two vehicles. I love my 2010 RS/SS 6M and even traded my 2009 C300 4matic Mercedes in on it, but the two cars are worlds apart. The HP numbers are close, but that is where the comparison ends. The 63 pulls like it has 100 more horsepower, revs higher, stops better, handles better and it does so comfortably.......but it's a race car.... a german race car...purposely built for more demanding Mercedes clients with disposeable income or a tolerance and ability to carry large debt.

For most C63 owners, these cars are their third or fourth cars that are driven for fun (most of which drive other Mercedes products for a daily driver). I applaude Chevrolet for building such a capable $38,000 sports car and I love mine. But that is the point.....It's a $38000 super bang for the buck for average guys like myself to have fun with and enjoy. It was never meant to take on purpose built AMG product, and it's just silly to compare the two. Hell the 63 engine alone cost as much as our entire car!

I suspect the car the orginal post was about was a c300 or 350 with amg badges.....you would have known if it was a C63....the exhaust note would have scared the hell out of you as it passed you. Yes they are that loud!

Again let me express my deep love for everything Camaro, and I am in no way saying one car is better than the other. But I am saying the two cars were built for different segments of the market. Buy what makes you and your checking account happy! I am happy to share the road with all performance cars, and can appreciate just about all of them....whether they are faster than me or not!
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Whipple 2.9L, Rotofab CAI and coil covers, XS Power LT's and full 3" exhaust, Vengeance kaotic cam package (trunion kit,dual springs,titanium retainers,hardened pushrods,c5r chain,ls2 tensioner, melling oil pump) Mgw shifter, 160 deg Tstat, prosport gauges, LPE dual pump, FIC 60lb injectors, level 5 DSS Axles

1994 Z28 MSD optispark, K&N CAI, Magnaflow y pipe..Cat..and cat back. 1998 wheels, custom tune(sold )
1993 Base V6 sold to buy Z28
1994 Purple Pearl V6...sold
1979 Base Car with inline 250ci 6 cyl! My first car in 1989!

Last edited by mercedestech; 06-05-2010 at 04:18 PM.
mercedestech is offline   Reply With Quote