Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 06-08-2011, 08:55 PM   #1
bo3adlah

Drives: Camaro SS
paint job help rally yellow

hello
so when i got the car out of the dealer i asked for the side gills
they said we dont offer any stickers or anything .. an at the time i didnt know about aftermarket.. anywhoo so he painted the side gills in matte black
now that i have seen whats out there "SLP gills"
i want it repainted so im wondering what would the cheapest way of painting that part be ?
the dealer said they would paint the whole side from behind the door till the end of the car for about 550$ for both sides

my question can i paint this part only

or only the black parts
help thank you
Attached Images

mods : bb stripes , showstopper side markers , grill blackout , trunk blackout , interior AAC blue bulb , removed grill ss emblem , the bee-otch and disco ball ,concept diffuser , concept side mirrors.

soon to come: taillights , maybe wheels , interior roof alcantra material .
bo3adlah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:09 PM   #2
Superfly1

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT #2197
For it to look right you are going to have to do the sides like they are saying. They should fix the gill area, blend the color out and re-clear the whole quarter panel. Realistically $550 for both sides isn't that bad.

CAI intake | OBX LT Headers | Flowmaster AT Exhaust | Trifecta Tune | SS Rear Diff, Axles & Driveshaft
Zex 100 Shot Nitrous | Konig Airstrike Wheels | Custom Engine Cover, Fuse Box & Underhood Bowtie
Eibach Springs & SS Sway Bars
| BMR Strut Brace | Drake Shifter | Vitesse Paddles | 13.26 @ 105.88 mph
Superfly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:28 PM   #3
DanCamm

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS RY
Do you know what kind of paint they used? In some cases, you may be able to remove it without damaging the factory finish underneath...

DanCamm is offline   Reply With Quote