Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-30-2014, 10:41 PM   #1
mizunoriverside

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS inferno Orange
Please help with windshield price

I have a 2011 2SS / RS Camaro with HUD and Key Start. Does anyone know the COST if a OEM windshield? I know who makes it, etc. I can not find the price. Thanks Tony
mizunoriverside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 11:52 PM   #2
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
$403.37 GM Parts Direct

I paid $399 at Safelite for a non HUD windshield.

I would contact Safelite and ask.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 04:27 PM   #3
mizunoriverside

Just information.....
I have a $500 deductible. That won't touch it. My car is the 2011 2SS / RS which has the HUD and Electric start. GM is telling me that by looking at the VIN number, they still CAN NOT tell if I need to order a vertical or horizontal windshield. The cost is between $700-$800 just for the OEM glass. My insurance is giving me a grand.

More info. According to the Magnuson VS LAW, no auto company can void a warranty unless they can prove in court that you ADDED / AFTERMARKET parts caused the breakdown. Never give in or give up. GM will ALWAYS fix your car if you call them on this precedent.

One more thing, please offer me tips on how to increase top speed and HP. I have a tuner.
Attached Images

Old 04-01-2014, 04:34 PM   #4
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
Your insurance usually covers a windshield. It can't hurt to ask.
I googled it: Ohio does not have nondeductible glass replacement.

That's too bad! But you can choose what shop does the work. Perhaps if you go to the Chevy dealer, you will get OEM glass???
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 06:11 PM   #5
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
tip"; cam , headers, cai, custom fuel curve remapping, removing most of torque control,( not traction control), heavy duty other parts to support the big three mods and help get power to the ground, and of course remove the speed limiter in the tune.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:32 PM   #6
mizunoriverside

Rocket, I did go to the deal and get the OEM part of the argument of warranty issues in the future. I told them that since everything relies on the ECU and OBDII, if the VVT or AFM ( which I have turned off) went bad, GM could argue my windshield was NON-OEM and argue that the connection absorbed water and void my warranty. Remember, unless you know laws, people have had their warranty voided for not using the correct oil in a oil change, changing headers and pipes, etc. Messing with the electronics is an easy out for GM.

Tags
2ss, cost, price, suggestions, windshield