Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 10-25-2012, 10:20 AM   #29
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
I think the numbers should be moved for better marketing. But hell GM doesn't even have a 1LE Tee shirt out yet. The reality is that this car will not appeal to most Camaro owners and will probably be the least sold of all the configurations except maybe the zl1 vert. Maybe they'll let me print the tee's.

Slogans, we need slogans!!
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:07 AM   #30
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
I think the numbers should be moved for better marketing. But hell GM doesn't even have a 1LE Tee shirt out yet. The reality is that this car will not appeal to most Camaro owners and will probably be the least sold of all the configurations except maybe the zl1 vert. Maybe they'll let me print the tee's.

The car doesnt even have 1LE emblems in any way and they didnt change any #'s.....quite sure it was for insurance purposes. 5-10 more HP will not justify more buyers that passed up a Gen5 for years.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:47 AM   #31
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKXOST View Post
The car doesnt even have 1LE emblems in any way and they didnt change any #'s.....quite sure it was for insurance purposes. 5-10 more HP will not justify more buyers that passed up a Gen5 for years.

IDK the 1LE package is what is getting me off the couch to buy one. The SS seemed great but too far from what I wanted in a pony car. The 1LE gets me there suspension wise all I plan to do is some Pedders springs and bushings and upgrade to ZL1 front brakes. Then a few motor mods. The standard SS would lead me to spend a ton on the suspension before I touched power mods. About $500 is all I need and the car will be where I want it.

Sent from my friggin Droid by two thumbs using Tapatalk 2 or whatever the ish it's called....
Old 10-25-2012, 12:02 PM   #32
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
IDK the 1LE package is what is getting me off the couch to buy one. The SS seemed great but too far from what I wanted in a pony car. The 1LE gets me there suspension wise all I plan to do is some Pedders springs and bushings and upgrade to ZL1 front brakes. Then a few motor mods. The standard SS would lead me to spend a ton on the suspension before I touched power mods. About $500 is all I need and the car will be where I want it.

Sent from my friggin Droid by two thumbs using Tapatalk 2 or whatever the ish it's called....
Yes, the entire 1LE PACKAGE may have convinced you....but if it were identical to an SS and jsut advertised with 435HP vs 426....you'd still be looking. I'm staying on topic to what I said as the few extra HP not making the difference.

I ALSO am buying the 1LE for the whole package and not just the few ponies. GM is smart to NOT spend a crap load of money designing and making new emblems to add onto all the 1LEs and advertise more HP alone. It IS though worth advertising the whole car.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:10 PM   #33
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent2010 View Post
So if I put some 4.56 gears in my stock SS, and go put it on a chassis dyno, that dyno will now show my car as making more torque than all other stock SS Camaros? And since the Horsepower number that the dyno gives me is actually mathematically derived from the torque curve, I now have more HP than stock too?
Yes and No, maybe. If 4th gear is a 1:1 ratio then you won't see the power on a dyno which is pulled in 4th gear, but gears 1, 2, & 3 will see gains. Gears also push the power band forward so peak torque shifts to a lower RPM. Check out this link:

http://thehorsepowerjunkies.com/vehi...swappin-gears/

Now even though the 1LE has 3.91 gears it won't make such a big difference because the trans is also geared differently.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:30 PM   #34
strokerls1

Drives: 2015 Charger Hellcat
I know for a fact that the '13 SS with optional NPP is a good bit faster than a '10-'12. I had a '12 for a few days before I returned it to the dealer and ordered my '13. The car is night and day. I would bet the '13 with NPP and electric p/s is making 20-30hp more over any '10-'12.
strokerls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:35 PM   #35
Firefighter

Quote:
Yes, the entire 1LE PACKAGE may have convinced you....but if it were identical to an SS and jsut advertised with 435HP vs 426....you'd still be looking. I'm staying on topic to what I said as the few extra HP not making the difference.

I ALSO am buying the 1LE for the whole package and not just the few ponies. GM is smart to NOT spend a crap load of money designing and making new emblems to add onto all the 1LEs and advertise more HP alone. It IS though worth advertising the whole car.
Point taken and to be honest I agree with the thoughts on the financial aspect. Personally I de-badge all my vehicles. All they get to keep is their bowties.

Old 10-25-2012, 01:18 PM   #36
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post

Read somewhere the Product Marketing Manager for the Camaro thought the 1LE would appeal to 2% of the buyers.
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:20 PM   #37
CrystalRedTintcoat

Quote:

I'm buying the 1LE not b/c of the HP but b/c they focused on handling. Finally no more BS from German car owners (of which I'm one today) that US Pony cars don't handle. Had an 84 Z28 with 3.73's which I loved. Went to Saturday, Jeep Grand Cherokee then Audi S4. Glad to come back to Chevy.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:22 PM   #38
CrystalRedTintcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
Point taken and to be honest I agree with the thoughts on the financial aspect. Personally I de-badge all my vehicles. All they get to keep is their bowties.

Why do you debadge? Theft or other? I thought about the SS logo on the front instead of the huge yellow bow tie but now I'm thinking about the Heritage grill with nothing on it.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:44 PM   #39
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
Why do you debadge? Theft or other? I thought about the SS logo on the front instead of the huge yellow bow tie but now I'm thinking about the Heritage grill with nothing on it.
Heritage grill will be installed and all emblems and both Chevy emblems will be GONE immediately!!!!

Clean look FTW!
Old 10-25-2012, 01:47 PM   #40
Firefighter

Quote:
Heritage grill will be installed and all emblems and both Chevy emblems will be GONE immediately!!!!

Clean look FTW!
This... clean stealth bomber look for me. All my vehicles are shades of black. LoL but you gotta leave the bowtie on. Anything less is just uncivilized.

I'll probably leave the SS logo on the body color grille the dealer sells.

Old 10-25-2012, 03:00 PM   #41
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
I too have been deciding what to do. I am not sure I like the look of the heritage grille empty, it seems it is missing something. I have deiced I am going to sand and paint the front and back bowtie. I am going to paint the chrome portion matt blacke and the bowtie will be done in dark carbon fiber. All else will be removed and all chrome trim replaced with black(tail light trim).
ST1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:10 PM   #42
CrystalRedTintcoat

Here's a link for full carbon fiber bow ties for front and back:

http://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=2018