Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > V8 - Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons, Tuning Equipment

Old 04-20-2013, 05:48 PM   #1
dixonk

Drives: 2011 Audi Q7
Send a message via Skype™ to dixonk
WTB: ARH Shorties

Looking to buy some ARH shorties.
dixonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:47 AM   #2
dixonk

Bump. Or can anyone point me to a vendor that is having a really good deal or special right now?
Old 04-22-2013, 12:15 PM   #3
DEANGE2001

Drives: 2010 2ss LSR CAI, Borla S axle back
i understand wanting to do shorties for a few reasons...but i would really urge you to consider LTs...for both sound and performance (I realize may have issues with smog, legality etc).

Maryland speed has some really good deal on kooks LT headers...may be worth considering.

Good luck with the search.
DEANGE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:42 PM   #4
IcePick06

Drives: '12 AGM ZL1 (SOLD); '07 Ducati 1098
I've been going through this debate for weeks now. I want LT headers for the performance gains, especially since ARH shorties are almost $1100 and you are giving up about 20RWHP by not going with the LT's for another $400. However, living in CA and planning to keep the car beyond 6 yrs, this has me worried. Although from what I hear there are places that don't care so much about visual part, as long as you pass the emissions test which I hear is fairly easy with a good tuner and hi-flow cats from a reputable company (i.e. Kooks, ARH, Stainless Works)

2012 ZL1 Coupe (M6) #80 (SOLD)

2007 Ducati 1098 (SOLD)
2006 Yamaha R6 (Track/Race Only )
IcePick06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:29 PM   #5
DEANGE2001

I dont live in Cali but that is what i have heard/read...and honestly, it really should not matter, if your emissions pass, it should not matter if you have LTs or shorties or Cats or whatever....

I would just call around, that is what i did. i called a few local shops and simply said, if i get LTs and hi-flo cats, but have it tuned to pass emissions will you guys pass my vehicle for inspection and they said if it passes emissions we have no problem (he also said that they sometimes look to see if cats are installed, but that was not an issue because i will be going with cats).

And honestly, if you are even considering $1100 for ARH shorties, go with Kooks LT headers from Maryland speed...Kooks is just as good if not better than ARH and for the price you listed I think you will be pretty happy with the price for a set of 1 7/8 LT Kooks with hi-flo cats...

I have been doing a ton of research myself and just recently purchased my LTs...good luck and dont think about it too much...sometimes it is better to just do it or dont do it then drop it...thinking about it just made it a lot worse for me.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:59 PM   #6
dixonk

I have been debating it for a long time. I am aware the shorties don't do much if anything at all. I keep thinking to myself if I am truly looking for power or if deep down I just want it to sound good. After all I don't drag race. I take my car to the mountain, canyon, and coastal roads. Not like I need anymore speed there anyway. Just thought the ARH shorties would give me the sound. When I pop the hood it will give me the looks. And for the driving that I do suspension is king not power.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:38 PM   #7
DEANGE2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixonk View Post
I have been debating it for a long time. I am aware the shorties don't do much if anything at all. I keep thinking to myself if I am truly looking for power or if deep down I just want it to sound good. After all I don't drag race. I take my car to the mountain, canyon, and coastal roads. Not like I need anymore speed there anyway. Just thought the ARH shorties would give me the sound. When I pop the hood it will give me the looks. And for the driving that I do suspension is king not power.
Very true but the sound and power is much better with LTs...truly makes the car feel like a beast