Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 01-22-2015, 11:13 PM   #15
Chrisco22

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro LS
No there was never water in it. it was only coolant put in by chevy. i just put water in now.. a little while the car was stopped to see if i notice a leak.. Hopefully a hose !! i need this fixed its killing me right now. How much do you think something like that would cost at chevy?

2011 Camaro LS: [Rally Yellow] [22" Status Rims] [BBK Long Tube Headers w/ High Flow Cats] [Trifecta Tune] [K&N CAI] [Blacked out Bow Ties and Tail Lights] [15% Tint] [MAC Mufflers] [Rear Cat Delete] [Vmax Black Ice]
Chrisco22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 11:44 PM   #16
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisco22 View Post
No there was never water in it. it was only coolant put in by chevy. i just put water in now.. a little while the car was stopped to see if i notice a leak.. Hopefully a hose !! i need this fixed its killing me right now. How much do you think something like that would cost at chevy?
Nobody can give you prices except for a shop or dealership.
We don't know what's bad
We don't know which shop or dealership you'll go to
We don't know what their labor rate is

Radiators on average cost 300-500
Hoses are about 50 ish plus labor, coolant and clamps
reservoir can cost about 100-200

You'll pay anywhere from $45 for inspection, radiator cap and water, all the way up to $1500. Take it in for an inspection, nobody online can help you with this properly.
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 11:48 PM   #17
MLAZ1990

Drives: 2012 black camaro 2LS
I told you!!!
SLP Loud Mouth 1 Exhaust, K&N CAI, RS Headlights, NightOwl V2 halo kit, ZL1 Grille, Custom 2LS Emblems, Green Footwells, GM GFX splitter, Ace Alloy Convex All Matte Black Wheels(20x9 & 20x10.5) wrapped in Toyo Proxe STII(255/45/20 & 295/40/20)
MLAZ1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 12:18 AM   #18
lawdog

Drives: 2010 SSII w RS & Sunroof Yellow
Are you sure the filler tube has not disconnected from the resavour tank that it shoves into. That's a known problem and would cause your fluid to pour out as your pouring it in. Make sure the filler tube is firmly seated in the tank.
That of course would be an entirely different problem then the temperature gauge issue. If the fluid got really hot it could have caused the filler tube to separate from the reservoir . So ou need to still find out why the fluid is actually getting hot, if it is, or is it a gauge issue. I have a hunch it's your thermostat, but take it to a dealer for a good diagnosis. I It's a cheap repair . If that does not work, it's time to look at your sensors. That's my 2 cents
lawdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 05:51 AM   #19
TheHorse13

Drives: 2011 Black SS M6
Just to be clear, you were pouring liquid into the reservoir tank, correct? If so, and the fluid was coming out the bottom, then it is likely that you have a busted reservoir tank. There have been others on the forum that have had this exact issue.

If you poured water directly into the radiator and it leaked out the bottom, you have bigger issues.
TheHorse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 07:58 AM   #20
Chrisco22

No into the reservoir tank. not the radiator directly. how lovely, 115.99 just for a diagnostic at chevy (if somethings wrong the cost goes towards the fix) she's in there now, stomach is in knots. hate to see my baby in the shop. Guess when she gets back she will get a full detail and joy ride, hoping to get it today.

2011 Camaro LS: [Rally Yellow] [22" Status Rims] [BBK Long Tube Headers w/ High Flow Cats] [Trifecta Tune] [K&N CAI] [Blacked out Bow Ties and Tail Lights] [15% Tint] [MAC Mufflers] [Rear Cat Delete] [Vmax Black Ice]
Old 01-23-2015, 11:15 AM   #21
Chrisco22

Update

Just got a call from the dealership, quoted me 1100 (coolant flush, lower housing unit, thermostat gasket and 3 seals plus labor).. Immediately thought it was high and called around after getting the parts list. Can we authorize that to start doing the work. i hung up and called my old dealership (real nice people, just considerably further away so i was afraid to limp it there) and they go.. that is all covered by your power train warranty. I call him back, he goes my tech told me the warranty is expired (expires 100k or 7/16/15) my car has 539xx.. He goes oh I'm sorry. (they charge 115.99 for the check in the first place). I said i will be there in 30 mins do not touch my car and i will not be paying a dollar since it is covered by the power train warranty. I refuse to let them do the work, they are trying to scam me . Do not ever go to LOU BACH. Chevy Pompano.

Old 01-23-2015, 09:40 PM   #22
lawdog

Drives: 2010 SSII w RS & Sunroof Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisco22 View Post
Update

Just got a call from the dealership, quoted me 1100 (coolant flush, lower housing unit, thermostat gasket and 3 seals plus labor).. Immediately thought it was high and called around after getting the parts list. Can we authorize that to start doing the work. i hung up and called my old dealership (real nice people, just considerably further away so i was afraid to limp it there) and they go.. that is all covered by your power train warranty. I call him back, he goes my tech told me the warranty is expired (expires 100k or 7/16/15) my car has 539xx.. He goes oh I'm sorry. (they charge 115.99 for the check in the first place). I said i will be there in 30 mins do not touch my car and i will not be paying a dollar since it is covered by the power train warranty. I refuse to let them do the work, they are trying to scam me . Do not ever go to LOU BACH. Chevy Pompano.
That's crazy ! take it to your old dealer and tell them to replace the thermostat . When they put it back TOGETHOR they will make sure their are no air pockets and that it's working correctly. Get a price quote to replace the thermostat. that would be a better approach to the whole situation. They obviously found nothing wrong with your sensors or they would have tried to sell you that as well. Lol
lawdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 10:13 PM   #23
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
warranty work...good deal. Same thing happening to my '03 SUV, replaced thermostat, temp probe/sensor, coolant flush, cleaned all electrical connections. Needle will fluctuate to hot then normal, when just warming the car(temp in teens, lol.). This all started after a gas fill-up. No codes thrown, either. Fluid levels fine. Figured it's just getting old.
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 10:48 AM   #24
Chrisco22

Ya man, crazy the one dealership was trying to screw me. ****ers